Roosters to get rid of Mason?

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney Roosters fought tooth-and-nail to get Willie Mason, but now they're ready to sever ties with the controversial New South Wales and Australia forward at the end of the season.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

Can't say I blame them, they paid a lot of money for him and whilst admittedly he was injured at the end of last year, what was his excuse for his poor performances the rest of the year?

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

he will go overseas, make alot of money, and fade into the distance.

He has been crap for a long while now. Doesn't have the speed he had and generally sides defend him better, I cannot believe he played Origin last year and hopefully the morons pick him again.

I am guessing this has something to do with them possibily signing Todd Carney for 4 years. Hasnt really been the same player since his early years at the doggies. I dont really care where he ends up, he wont be that big a loss.

One of the most overrated forwards in the game.

It goes hand in hand with those cocaine rumours regarding Mason, Fittler and Minichello. After Mason and Mini are gone Fitler will retire or something.

Old Mate said:
It goes hand in hand with those cocaine rumours regarding Mason, Fittler and Minichello. After Mason and Mini are gone Fitler will retire or something.

Yeah, and they'll bring in Khunt and Carney to clean the image of the club up

He's a rubbish player anyway, Give me any of our current props over mason.
A loser who thinks he's above others, good riddance to players like him...
and LOL roosters, omeley, mason and otheres, you certainly do well at getting crap buys for a shit load of cash.

OXY-351 said:
[quote="Old Mate":lkcvk60k]It goes hand in hand with those cocaine rumours regarding Mason, Fittler and Minichello. After Mason and Mini are gone Fitler will retire or something.

Yeah, and they'll bring in Khunt and Carney to clean the image of the club up[/quote:lkcvk60k]
I see somebodies a Rooster fan, LOL! [icon_lol1.

O'Meley has lost some impact since his glory days at the Dogs, however I still think he is one of the better Props getting around the comp. I doubt he'll ever play for Australia again, but I could see him getting another Blues jersey. 1O'Meley does those little 1% things that you need in the pack.

Mason on the other hand was never the same after Kidwell smacked **** out of him. Mason was always more jaw than skill, but the night Kidwell schooled him was the end of his aura and hence, end of his ability.

He'll fade to ESL, some idiot will say he's part of the "exodus", the rest of the real RL following community will see him as the typical ESL import...not quite the impact needed to star in the NRL, not poor enough to play NSWRL or QRL.

Lol @ thinking Kidwell schooling Mason was the reason for his downfall.

Mason is just the same as many other players - stand out for a season or two solely for the fact that they had a great team around them, and people only realise how ordinary they are when that drive is gone.

Kidwell didn't even get that far in his career. Has only ever been a cheap shot merchant who knocks the ball on more often than he makes a hit-up with any impact.

mick! said:
Lol @ thinking Kidwell schooling Mason was the reason for his downfall.

Mason is just the same as many other players - stand out for a season or two solely for the fact that they had a great team around them, and people only realise how ordinary they are when that drive is gone.

Kidwell didn't even get that far in his career. Has only ever been a cheap shot merchant who knocks the ball on more often than he makes a hit-up with any impact.

Agreed, I don't even know anyone who rated Kidwell.

Do you guys seriously think omeley is good? i think since he left the dogs he hasn't been as good as anymore, he's still wrothy to start but at 400k, god he was a rip off, then again, that figure is just speculation.

I don't rate Kidwell either, however Mason lost a lot of confidence that night IMO. And whether that was the reason or not, it was that after Test series that his performance wained. Prior to that, IMO, Mason was a decent second rower, I remember him tearing through both the Broncos and Queensland defensive line's on more than one occasion.

Yes, usually running at halfbacks and Matt Bowen. Hardly an achievement. He seems to have stopped doing that in recent years, like he's trying to prove he's tough by running at the big boys...and failing.

Coxy said:
Yes, usually running at halfbacks and Matt Bowen. Hardly an achievement. He seems to have stopped doing that in recent years, like he's trying to prove he's tough by running at the big boys...and failing.

If there's a weakness in the defensive line, why not try and exploit it?

Unread

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Lozza
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.