OFFICIAL Roster Tracker for 2022 and beyond

DIRECT YOUR COMPLAINTS AND CORRECTIONS TO @McHunt

PLAYER ROSTER FOR 2022 AND BEYOND
Salaries are pure speculation based on media reporting.

PLAYER
Adam Reynolds
2022​
2023​
2024​
Albert Kelly
2022​
Billy Walters
2022​
Blake Mozer
2023​
2024​
2025​
Brendan Piakura
2022​
2023​
2024​
Brenko Lee
2022​
Corey Jensen
2022​
2023​
Corey Oates
2022​
Cory Paix
2022​
2023​
Deine Mariner
2023​
2024​
Deloise Hoeter
2022​
Ethan Quai-Ward
2022​
2023​
Ezra Mam
2022​
2023​
2024​
Herbie Farnworth
2022​
2023​
Jake Turpin
2022​
Jesse Arthars
Loan to Warriors​
2023​
Jordan Riki
2022​
2023​
2024​
Jordan Pereira
2022​
2023​
Keenan Palasia
2022​
2023​
Kobe Hetherington
2022​
2023​
Kotoni Staggs
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
Kurt Capewell
2022​
2023​
2024​
Leivaha Pulu (train & trial)
T&T​
Logan Bayliss (development)
2022​
2023​
Patrick Carrigan
2022​
2023​
2024​
Payne Haas
2022​
2023​
2024​
Reece Walsh
2023​
2024​
2025​
Rhys Kennedy
2022​
Ryan James
2022​
Selwyn Cobbo
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
TC Robati
2022​
2023​
2024​
Te Maire Martin
2022​
Tesi Niu
2022​
2023​
Thomas Flegler
2022​
2023​
Tyrone Roberts
2022​
Tyson Gamble
2022​
Xavier Willison
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
Zac Hosking
T&T​

DEVELOPMENT

Logan Bayliss
Deine Mariner
Blake Mozer
Ethan Quai-Ward
Te Maire Martin
Xavier Willison

OFF CONTRACT 2023

Albert Kelly
Billy Walters (expect 2 year extension)
Corey Oates (expect 3 year extension)
Deloise Hoeter
Jake Turpin (won't be extended)
Ryan James (retiring)
Tyson Gamble (released to Knights)

STOCKS

Front Row
Carrigan, Flegler, Haas, James, Willison , Kennedy, Jensen, Palasia, Bayliss

Second Row
Piakura, Riki, Capewell, Leivaha Pulu (t&t), James, Robati, Oates, Palasia, Hosking

Lock
Carrigan, Hetherington, Hosking, Flegler, Leivaha Pulu (t&t), Robati, Palasia

Hooker
Turpin, Paix, Hetherington, Walters

Half
Reynolds, Gamble, Kelly, Mam, Staggs, Walters, Martin, Paix, Roberts, Turpin

Fullback
Niu, Farnworth, Cobbo, Martin, Walsh

Centre
Farnworth, Staggs, Niu, Cobbo, Lee, Capewell, Hoeter

Wing
Cobbo, Oates, Niu, Farnworth, Pereira, Quai-Ward (t&t)

ETHNO MAP

QLD (17)

Billy Walters, Brenko Lee, Corey Jensen, Corey Oates, Cory Paix, Delouise Hoeter, Ezra Mam, Jake Turpin, Keenan Palasia, Kobe Hetherington, Kurt Capewell, Logan Bayliss, Patrick Carrigan, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo, Thomas Flegler, Tyson Gamble

NZ (9)
Brendan Piakura, Delouise Hoeter, Jordan Riki, Jordan Pereira, Keenan Palasia, Leivaha Pulu, TC Robati, Te Maire Martin, Xavier Willison

NSW (8)
Adam Reynolds, Zac Hosking, Albert Kelly, Kotoni Staggs, Payne Haas, Ryan James, Rhys Kennedy, Tyrone Roberts

Indigenous (9)
Albert Kelly, Brenko Lee, Ezra Mam, Jordan Riki, Kotoni Staggs, Reece Walsh, Ryan James, Selwyn Cobbo, Tyrone Roberts

Tonga (5)
Brenko Lee, Delouise Hoeter, Leivaha Pulu, Kotoni Staggs, Tesi Niu

Samoa (3)
Keenan Palasia, Jordan Pereira, Payne Haas

Cook Islands (2)
Brendan Piakura, Xavier Willison

England (1)
Herbie Farnworth

2022 QCUP ALLOCATIONS

Souths Magpies

Ezra Mam
Kobe Hetherington
Tesi Niu
Cory Paix
Thomas Flegler
Albert Kelly
Blake Mozer
Brenko Lee
Corey Oates
Jordan Pereira
Adam Reynolds
Logan Bayliss
Ethan Quai-Ward

Norths Devils
Kurt Capewell
Herbie Farnworth
Tyson Gamble
Rhys Kennedy
Brendan Piakura
Jordan Riki
Kotoni Staggs
Ryan James
Xavier Willison

Wynnum Manly
Delouise Hoeter
TC Robati
Selwyn Cobbo
Pat Carrigan
Payne Haas
Corey Jensen
David Mead
Keenan Palasia
Jake Turpin
Billy Walters
Te Maire Martin
Deine Mariner

Nope. I'm not. He's the real deal. He's not only a keen student of the game, but he will change the way it's played.

Look how Penrith and NSW went without him, and the immediate difference when he returned. He's not just a brilliant individual and team playmaker, he's one of those rare players who upskills the rest of the team. Like those two Momirovski inside kicks that everyone went crazy over: straight out of the Cleary playbook.

Honestly, I can't rave about him enough. If we were to throw the bank at one player, like the Titans did with Fifita, he's my pick.
Add to that he has none of the defensive concerns most young halves have to overcome. He is without peer In his position currently. 10 year veterans like DCE look like they’re still finding their feet when you compare the composure and broad skill set he has. He looks like Cronk at his absolute prime except at Cleary’s age, the jury was still completely out on Cronk.

Add to that he has none of the defensive concerns most young halves have to overcome. He is without peer In his position currently. 10 year veterans like DCE look like they’re still finding their feet when you compare the composure and broad skill set he has. He looks like Cronk at his absolute prime except at Cleary’s age, the jury was still completely out on Cronk.
Cleary is 24, which would mean we're talking about Cronk circa 2007 when he 'won' a premiership and played for Australia.

Cleary is 24, which would mean we're talking about Cronk circa 2007 when he 'won' a premiership and played for Australia.
Yeah but unless I’m remembering wrong the early years of Cronk at rep level wasn’t exactly met with joy. I believe he had a lot of doubters as to how he would go post Lockyer. There was a sense of Cronk being carried. Similar to Cleary’s early NSW appearances.

Maybe I’m not remembering correctly though.

Yeah but unless I’m remembering wrong the early years of Cronk at rep level wasn’t exactly met with joy. I believe he had a lot of doubters as to how he would go post Lockyer. There was a sense of Cronk being carried. Similar to Cleary’s early NSW appearances.

Don't really recall it that way... can always recall having supreme confidence that we had Cronk coming in after Lockyer retired. I think Cronk came into origin as the starter when he was basically at the top of his game, he may have even kicked that game winning field goal from 40m in his first full series as a starter??

There was concern about DCE coming in at 7 when Cronk got injured, which was proved to be correct given that was the series that we lost.

Yep, as you say, he’s 24.

As I’ve said a number of times, he’s got oodles of time to prove one side of this discussion right and the other wrong (not aimed at you, but using it as a segue).

So there is very little point in continuing to argue over what might or might not happen.

Happy to see how things transpire 5 years from now though.

I never really rated Cronk until he won that Grand Final with the Roosters. That was something extraordinary. But still, he's not quite in the rarefied air of Thurston or Langer as halves. Not in my mind, anyway.

Cleary, on the other hand, has really blossomed this year. I'm in awe of how much he owns every inch of the field. He sets up the plays. He's there in support. He's there in defence. He plays it like chess.

I'd be comparing him to Smith, rather than Cronk.

Cronk barely played any representative football, players like him and Corey Parker were constantly used as an example of the Maroons depth.

I'm not comparing him and Cleary, just pointing out by this point Cronk had proven to be one of the best halfbacks in the competition. If we were having this conversation two years ago, you'd be exactly right.

I never really rated Cronk until he won that Grand Final with the Roosters. That was something extraordinary. But still, he's not quite in the rarefied air of Thurston or Langer as halves. Not in my mind, anyway.

Cleary, on the other hand, has really blossomed this year. I'm in awe of how much he owns every inch of the field. He sets up the plays. He's there in support. He's there in defence. He plays it like chess.

Its extraordinary how much praise Cronk gets for that Grand Final win lol.

So according to Kevvie, Staggs will be a centre moving into 22, so you'd think Gamble is the 6 moving forward.

So according to Kevvie, Staggs will be a centre moving into 22, so you'd think Gamble is the 6 moving forward.
I'd like to see us get 4-5kg on Gamble and use him at 13. He isn't a good edge defender, but could be a good 13.

6. Kelly
7. Reynolds
13. Gamble/Kobe

Kobe and Gamble could share time at lock, one of them covering the #14 where they combine to cover centre, halves and hooker.

Cleary needs to do a few things before being in the elite all time greats:
1.) win some premierships (I definitely think you need more than 1)
2.) have a serious injury and come back from it.
3.) dominate club, state, national games for 5+ years

He’s not there yet, but he’s well on his way.

I'd like to see us get 4-5kg on Gamble and use him at 13. He isn't a good edge defender, but could be a good 13.

6. Kelly
7. Reynolds
13. Gamble/Kobe

Kobe and Gamble could share time at lock, one of them covering the #14 where they combine to cover centre, halves and hooker.
Id keep Gamble at his current weight he's playing at incase he has to slip back into the halfs long term. Kobe would be better at 14 as I think Gamble is abit too tall for hooker wouldn't get as quick service with the extra height bending down.

If we could get a 9 whos effective for the full 80 I'd be going Kelly at 14 play him in a peachey type role just let him float round the ball looking for offloads doing sweep plays nearly play him as a second fullback in attack.. he's a instinctive player knows where to put himself to get the ball could cover hooker better than gamble if needed.
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds
13. Kobe
14. Kelly
Bring Kelly on for Kobe.. Kobe then moves into cover for the 9 and into the middle rotation.

Wonder how long, or if indeed DD and the bespectacled one are already spruiking the benefits of playing for the Broncos in a state that knows how to react to COVID -19 outbreaks in a timely fashion. I mean we've virtually hosted the whole sporting bodies of Australia for the last two years. So why wouldn't you want to be based here with the best fans, the best stadium and the best facilities.

Another major boost is our trajectory can only go up. In the next 2 to 3 years we will be serious GF contenders.

Below is the team I would run in 2022. I've also added a Second 17 List to show our depth.
I would be keen for the Broncs to offer big money for Brandon Smith e.g. $850k for 3 seasons.
I do think we need a quality established Fullback and someone like Nicho Hynes would have been perfect at $600k but they probably didn't have the funds available at that stage.
I'm a massive fan of Bullemor but can understand if they want an established forward for maturity but my opinion is that investing in Bullemor would probably have the same effect with larger upside.
Lastly, leaving Gamble out was hard but I think Kelly offers a more natural running 5/8 and will compliment Reynolds better.

Feel free to tear apart.

1. Tesi Nui

2. Herbie Farnworth

3. Kotoni Staggs

4. Selwyn Cobbo

5. Corey Oates

6. Albert Kelly

7. Adam Reynolds (c)

8. Tom Flegler

9. Jake Turpin

10. Payne Hass

11. Kurt Capewell

12. Jordan Riki

13. Kobe Hetherington

14. Cory Paix

15. Patrick Carrigan

16. Rhys Kennedy

17. Ethan Bullemor

1. Jamayne Issako

2. David Mead

3. Jesse Arthurs

4. Brenko Lee

5. Jordan Pereira

6. Tyson Gamble

7. Ezra Mam

8. Keenan Palasia

9. Billy Walters

10. Xavier Willison

11. Brendan Piakura

12. Corey Jensen

13. TC Robati

14. Blake Mozer

15. Logan Bayliss

16. Spare

17. Spare

Below is the team I would run in 2022. I've also added a Second 17 List to show our depth.
I would be keen for the Broncs to offer big money for Brandon Smith e.g. $850k for 3 seasons.
I do think we need a quality established Fullback and someone like Nicho Hynes would have been perfect at $600k but they probably didn't have the funds available at that stage.
I'm a massive fan of Bullemor but can understand if they want an established forward for maturity but my opinion is that investing in Bullemor would probably have the same effect with larger upside.
Lastly, leaving Gamble out was hard but I think Kelly offers a more natural running 5/8 and will compliment Reynolds better.

Feel free to tear apart.

1. Tesi Nui

2. Herbie Farnworth

3. Kotoni Staggs

4. Selwyn Cobbo

5. Corey Oates

6. Albert Kelly

7. Adam Reynolds (c)

8. Tom Flegler

9. Jake Turpin

10. Payne Hass

11. Kurt Capewell

12. Jordan Riki

13. Kobe Hetherington

14. Cory Paix

15. Patrick Carrigan

16. Rhys Kennedy

17. Ethan Bullemor

1. Jamayne Issako

2. David Mead

3. Jesse Arthurs

4. Brenko Lee

5. Jordan Pereira

6. Tyson Gamble

7. Ezra Mam

8. Keenan Palasia

9. Billy Walters

10. Xavier Willison

11. Brendan Piakura

12. Corey Jensen

13. TC Robati

14. Blake Mozer

15. Logan Bayliss

16. Spare

17. Spare
I'd love to watch a Broncos v Broncos A preseason game

Feel free to tear apart.

1. Tesi Nui

2. Herbie Farnworth

3. Kotoni Staggs

4. Selwyn Cobbo

5. Corey Oates

6. Albert Kelly

7. Adam Reynolds (c)

8. Tom Flegler

9. Jake Turpin

10. Payne Hass

11. Kurt Capewell

12. Jordan Riki

13. Kobe Hetherington

14. Cory Paix

15. Patrick Carrigan

16. Rhys Kennedy

17. Ethan Bullemor

1. Jamayne Issako

2. David Mead

3. Jesse Arthurs

4. Brenko Lee

5. Jordan Pereira

6. Tyson Gamble

7. Ezra Mam

8. Keenan Palasia

9. Billy Walters

10. Xavier Willison

11. Brendan Piakura

12. Corey Jensen

13. TC Robati

14. Blake Mozer

15. Logan Bayliss

16. Spare

17. Spare

I think you’ve named the best possible 17 with current known availabilities.

I’d like to see Kennedy drop out and replaced with an experienced prop Like Ryan James. I think that would put us over the edge into a decent mid table team - Robati, Piakura, Willison, Palasia, and Jensen cycling in and out as required.

The biggest glaring issue is fullback. Kelly/Gamble will do for next year and probably do a good job but really by 2023 we need to have an upgraded FB, Hooker, and 5/8 (probably in that order). I think we’ll give the 8 a nudge next year with this team if things go well for us.

I'm honestly not sure how anyone could say they didn't rate Cronk prior to that point.

It's fair enough to have him behind a Langer or Thurston, two of the all time greatest, but to not rate him at all just doesn't compute.

The guy was a pretty special player long before that point. Perhaps not all time elite in talent, but pretty much there in execution and inarguably there in the actual results he achieved.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Battler
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
  • Wild Horse
  • Brocko
  • pagey
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • kman
  • Allo
  • Scdeac
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • Lurker
  • barker
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.