OFFICIAL Roster Tracker for 2022 and beyond

DIRECT YOUR COMPLAINTS AND CORRECTIONS TO @McHunt

PLAYER ROSTER FOR 2022 AND BEYOND
Salaries are pure speculation based on media reporting.

PLAYER
Adam Reynolds
2022​
2023​
2024​
Albert Kelly
2022​
Billy Walters
2022​
Blake Mozer
2023​
2024​
2025​
Brendan Piakura
2022​
2023​
2024​
Brenko Lee
2022​
Corey Jensen
2022​
2023​
Corey Oates
2022​
Cory Paix
2022​
2023​
Deine Mariner
2023​
2024​
Deloise Hoeter
2022​
Ethan Quai-Ward
2022​
2023​
Ezra Mam
2022​
2023​
2024​
Herbie Farnworth
2022​
2023​
Jake Turpin
2022​
Jesse Arthars
Loan to Warriors​
2023​
Jordan Riki
2022​
2023​
2024​
Jordan Pereira
2022​
2023​
Keenan Palasia
2022​
2023​
Kobe Hetherington
2022​
2023​
Kotoni Staggs
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
Kurt Capewell
2022​
2023​
2024​
Leivaha Pulu (train & trial)
T&T​
Logan Bayliss (development)
2022​
2023​
Patrick Carrigan
2022​
2023​
2024​
Payne Haas
2022​
2023​
2024​
Reece Walsh
2023​
2024​
2025​
Rhys Kennedy
2022​
Ryan James
2022​
Selwyn Cobbo
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
TC Robati
2022​
2023​
2024​
Te Maire Martin
2022​
Tesi Niu
2022​
2023​
Thomas Flegler
2022​
2023​
Tyrone Roberts
2022​
Tyson Gamble
2022​
Xavier Willison
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
Zac Hosking
T&T​

DEVELOPMENT

Logan Bayliss
Deine Mariner
Blake Mozer
Ethan Quai-Ward
Te Maire Martin
Xavier Willison

OFF CONTRACT 2023

Albert Kelly
Billy Walters (expect 2 year extension)
Corey Oates (expect 3 year extension)
Deloise Hoeter
Jake Turpin (won't be extended)
Ryan James (retiring)
Tyson Gamble (released to Knights)

STOCKS

Front Row
Carrigan, Flegler, Haas, James, Willison , Kennedy, Jensen, Palasia, Bayliss

Second Row
Piakura, Riki, Capewell, Leivaha Pulu (t&t), James, Robati, Oates, Palasia, Hosking

Lock
Carrigan, Hetherington, Hosking, Flegler, Leivaha Pulu (t&t), Robati, Palasia

Hooker
Turpin, Paix, Hetherington, Walters

Half
Reynolds, Gamble, Kelly, Mam, Staggs, Walters, Martin, Paix, Roberts, Turpin

Fullback
Niu, Farnworth, Cobbo, Martin, Walsh

Centre
Farnworth, Staggs, Niu, Cobbo, Lee, Capewell, Hoeter

Wing
Cobbo, Oates, Niu, Farnworth, Pereira, Quai-Ward (t&t)

ETHNO MAP

QLD (17)

Billy Walters, Brenko Lee, Corey Jensen, Corey Oates, Cory Paix, Delouise Hoeter, Ezra Mam, Jake Turpin, Keenan Palasia, Kobe Hetherington, Kurt Capewell, Logan Bayliss, Patrick Carrigan, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo, Thomas Flegler, Tyson Gamble

NZ (9)
Brendan Piakura, Delouise Hoeter, Jordan Riki, Jordan Pereira, Keenan Palasia, Leivaha Pulu, TC Robati, Te Maire Martin, Xavier Willison

NSW (8)
Adam Reynolds, Zac Hosking, Albert Kelly, Kotoni Staggs, Payne Haas, Ryan James, Rhys Kennedy, Tyrone Roberts

Indigenous (9)
Albert Kelly, Brenko Lee, Ezra Mam, Jordan Riki, Kotoni Staggs, Reece Walsh, Ryan James, Selwyn Cobbo, Tyrone Roberts

Tonga (5)
Brenko Lee, Delouise Hoeter, Leivaha Pulu, Kotoni Staggs, Tesi Niu

Samoa (3)
Keenan Palasia, Jordan Pereira, Payne Haas

Cook Islands (2)
Brendan Piakura, Xavier Willison

England (1)
Herbie Farnworth

2022 QCUP ALLOCATIONS

Souths Magpies

Ezra Mam
Kobe Hetherington
Tesi Niu
Cory Paix
Thomas Flegler
Albert Kelly
Blake Mozer
Brenko Lee
Corey Oates
Jordan Pereira
Adam Reynolds
Logan Bayliss
Ethan Quai-Ward

Norths Devils
Kurt Capewell
Herbie Farnworth
Tyson Gamble
Rhys Kennedy
Brendan Piakura
Jordan Riki
Kotoni Staggs
Ryan James
Xavier Willison

Wynnum Manly
Delouise Hoeter
TC Robati
Selwyn Cobbo
Pat Carrigan
Payne Haas
Corey Jensen
David Mead
Keenan Palasia
Jake Turpin
Billy Walters
Te Maire Martin
Deine Mariner

You make a good point there actually, Kevvie can afford to put anyone he wants at 6. Reynolds will absolutely be the guy out there steering the ship, which 6 can provide more brilliance?

I feel like Gamble provided some control to our game last year but with Reynolds now in that slot, maybe we don't need as much control from whoever our 5/8 ends up being, I would say the expectation would be he must have a decent short kicking game, at least. I do love the aggression Gamble brings though, I love reading social media and seeing other fans wishing someone would knock him out, been a while since we had a guy like that. Not since Josh McGuire? I know people wanted to see Lodge get one on the jaw but that had nothing to do with what he does out on the field.
Yeah absolutely its not a case of pairing someone up with Croft or Deardon anymore to run the show, Reynolds has that covered and Turpins game should go up a level with someone actually steering the team around.

I think Mam and Kelly bring a very similar game and would play more of a Cody Walker role of floating around and popping up anywhere and playing off instincts, Kelly also should be alot fitter with a proper pre season under his belt.
Gamble doesn't have the spark of Kelly or Mam but he brings that in your face aggression and does have a few tricks in his bag. With starting Gamble the fullback Tesi or Cobbo needs to bring that extra bit of brilliance.

Personally, I think the 6 jersey will go to whoever Reynolds thinks is ready for it.
If he sees Mam as ready now, I’m happy to back him. I wouldn’t hate Mam having the year in q cup (with a couple of first grade games) but I think the club has enough good footy heads around it now that I’ll back whoever they see fit for the 6.
Kev, Alf, Ikin, Reynolds and DD I hope would have the brains to figure out who should be running out in the 6.

Personally, I think the 6 jersey will go to whoever Reynolds thinks is ready for it.
If he sees Mam as ready now, I’m happy to back him. I wouldn’t hate Mam having the year in q cup (with a couple of first grade games) but I think the club has enough good footy heads around it now that I’ll back whoever they see fit for the 6.
Kev, Alf, Ikin, Reynolds and DD I hope would have the brains to figure out who should be running out in the 6.
It will be gamble or billy. It better not be billy.

i think it will be Gamble or Kelly.

i think they'll keep Mam in the QCup for a bit longer ... make him force his way in with his performances
Yeah I’d like to see Gamble or Kelly - probably Kelly pending fitness and effort over pre-season. Would like to see Mam come off the bench after 5 or so rounds in Q Cup but we probably need a hooker on the bench. That being said, what better experience is there than building a combo with Reynolds now and sticking at it for the next 3 years.

His defence is fairly good for a young half and if you stick Capewell (and potentially Lee) next to him, you can hide him a bit in the line.

Same reason turps deserves a shot with a couple of blokes as enthusiastic as he is.
That's fair. I think any spine player who shows his effort levels deserves to have a decent spine around them before giving up on them completely anyway.
However, I do think he needs to take the opportunity within 15 rounds or we move forward from him.

From what I have read about Mam and I think I saw him say it in an interview, he needs to work on his kicking game. So whilst Reynolds has a great kicking game we can't have him as our only kicker or he will be heavily targeted every time.

Let Mam go back to Qcup and become the well rounded half and force his way into the team. The way we use to bring players through and the storm still do to this day...

If Mam is going to be in our team at all I'd like to see him in the 14 for most of the year. Let him earn his stripes.

If Mam is going to be in our team at all I'd like to see him in the 14 for most of the year. Let him earn his stripes.

I don't think he's suited to the utility role at all, he is still learning 6. Coming on and trying to get the pace and read of a game would be hard for him and make an impact in what possibly could be a strange position.

Most of his games this season where he did well, they involved someone else doing his thinking. In the finals against Townsville, Isaako took over in the second half and freed Mam up. He scored a good try and got Souths back moving forwards but before half time Souths looked gone and Townsville were all over him- down 22-10 but first five minutes after half time with Mam just running on the left- try. Then they scored three in the next 20.

Coming on and having to make an impact would be a negative for him I think.

His debut he didn't find out until late he was playing- that helped. He had Dearden, Cooper, James or Isaako jumping in and picking up the areas he fell down in this season.

He's only going to learn to close the gap on those skills by doing it in 6 and being in those situations again and having to fix it.

I am starting to think that Ezra Mam might be the 6 come rd 1. Pat seems to think it’s a 2 horse race between Tyson and Ezra. The amount of people I have seen say something about how freakish he is makes me think that he is in a lot of peoples good books. I personally love both Gamble and Albert but it’s possibly fair to say that they don’t stand out to much. Ezra seems to have a good work ethic and talent as well as cup form to go off. Usually that helps players a lot when coming into calculations. I’d personally refrain from using him but I think he could almost be classified as the favourite especially how high he has jumped on the ladder in 3/4 weeks.
Alby is the forgotten man ?
Rough when your team mates are talking up the rookie and don`t even mention your name .

Alby is the forgotten man ?
Rough when your team mates are talking up the rookie and don`t even mention your name .
I thought it was a bit rough considering I probably just had him as the front runner as he would compliment Reynolds better.

Make Mam earn his spot. Gamble and Kelly haven't been terrible for us comparatively, they deserve first crack until Mam makes it impossible to decide otherwise.
Couldn't agree more, Mam should be starting in Qcup unless he really does train the house down and excel in trials.
Am I doubting his skills absolutely not, but we don't need to throw another possible gun young player in the deep end as we have been doing.
Personally I would start with Kelly at 6 especially since we have been saying we want experienced players around our young squad.

Couldn't agree more, Mam should be starting in Qcup unless he really does train the house down and excel in trials.
Am I doubting his skills absolutely not, but we don't need to throw another possible gun young player in the deep end as we have been doing.
Personally I would start with Kelly at 6 especially since we have been saying we want experienced players around our young squad.

I'd personally go with Gamble but I totally get and like your reasons provided for Kelly.

Make Mam earn his spot. Gamble and Kelly haven't been terrible for us comparatively, they deserve first crack until Mam makes it impossible to decide otherwise.
They also deserve first crack next to someone that hasn’t been performing like a potato for all but a handful of games in the last 2-3 seasons.

I’d be putting Kelly next to Mam in reserve grade to learn off with Gamble playing 6 with Reynolds in first grade

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.