Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Off the Broncos Website

NRL.com Guesses Our Round One Team

Broncos Media Dept
Thu 13th November, 02:07PM

1415858211020.jpg
The boys stand united © Brisbane Broncos, Round 19, 19 July 2014, Suncorp Stadium - Broncos V Warriors.

With around 115 days until Round One of Season 2015, the Broncos are well and truly into their gruelling pre-season training.
They are spending five and a half days per week working on their speed, conditioning, strength, agility and endurance; plus attending regular performance, medical and nutritional meetings; alongside the compulsory skinfold tests and GPS unit tracking results.
It's gut-busting and sweat-drenching fitness work from early morning 6am starts to mid-afternoon finishes before going home to do it all again the following day.
And next week all the intensive ballwork and skills drills commence with new and proven on-field combinations being tried and tested, ahead of an exciting 2015 with plenty of fresh faces getting around the running tracks.
But no-one is complaining as the competition for spots in the starting side, Top 17 and even the Top 25 have begun in earnest as players seek to shine with their fitness levels as potential team line-ups begin to take shape.
At Broncos training, veteran and rookie forwards are grouped together while senior and new backs are also combined to compete with each other at close range before assembling again for whole squad sprint and endurance running drills.
So when the premiership battle begins in early March, how will your team line-up?

This is what the staff writers at NRL.com have judged to be their Round One Broncos Team:

BRISBANE BRONCOS

1. Fullback: Darius Boyd* - other candidate/s: Jayden Nikorima, Greg Eden.
2. Left Wing: Dale Copley (Shoulder surgery rehab) - other candidate/s: Lachlan Maranta, Jordan Kahu, Greg Eden.
3. Left Centre: Jack Reed (Shoulder surgery rehab) - other candidate/s: Dale Copley.
4. Right Centre: Justin Hodges
5. Right Wing: Daniel Vidot (Four Nations duty for Samoa) - other candidate/s: Jordan Kahu, Lachlan Maranta, Greg Eden.
6. Five-Eighth: Anthony Milford - other candidate/s: Zach Strasser, Darren Nicholls.
7. Halfback: Ben Hunt (Four Nations duty for Australia)
8. Prop: Josh McGuire (Four Nations duty for Samoa)
9. Hooker: Andrew McCullough - other candidates: Travis Waddell, Matt Parcell.
10. Prop: Corey Parker (Four Nations duty for Australia)
11. Second Row: Alex Glenn
12. Second Row: Sam Thaiday (Four Nations duty for Australia)
13. Lock: Matt Gillett (Shoulder surgery rehab)

Interchange Bench:

14. Travis Waddell
15. James Gavet
16. Corey Oates (Shoulder surgery rehab)
17. Mitch Garbutt

Other starting forward / interchange candidates: Todd Lowrie, Mitchell Dodds, Jarrod Wallace, David Stagg, Jon Green, Joe Boyce.

*Subject to confirmation of signing.

New Faces: Anthony Milford (Raiders), Travis Waddell (Knights), Mitch Garbutt (Storm), James Gavet (Wests Tigers), Greg Eden (Hull KR), Matt Parcell (Jets), Rod Griffin (Jets), Carlin Anderson (Jets), Joe Boyce (Knights).

Season 2014 Under 20s Currently Training With First Graders: Brett Greinke, Jayden Nikorima, Ashley Taylor, Ajuma Adams, Francis Molo, Elijah Alick, Joe Ofahengaue.

Last edited:
Potential 2015 side

10624648_10152917607322994_8728831869938634233_n.jpg

10389234_10152917607357994_8359050357909468755_n.jpg

Apoligies for the huge pics, I couldn't shrink them down. Apparently this was emailed to Broncos members as a potential round 1 side. Sadly, it looks like Reed is pushing Copley out to Maranta's wing who drops off completely.

Also, Waddell on the bench is interesting. Clearly Bennett has no plans to have McC play 80. Happy to see Garbutt and Gavet getting the nod over the likes of Lowrie and Stagg.

Re: Potential 2015 side

No offence mate, but don't we already have a thread for this discussion?

Re: Broncos - 2015 Discussion

Off the Broncos Website

NRL.com Guesses Our Round One Team

Broncos Media Dept
Thu 13th November, 02:07PM

1415858211020.jpg
The boys stand united © Brisbane Broncos, Round 19, 19 July 2014, Suncorp Stadium - Broncos V Warriors.

With around 115 days until Round One of Season 2015, the Broncos are well and truly into their gruelling pre-season training.
They are spending five and a half days per week working on their speed, conditioning, strength, agility and endurance; plus attending regular performance, medical and nutritional meetings; alongside the compulsory skinfold tests and GPS unit tracking results.
It's gut-busting and sweat-drenching fitness work from early morning 6am starts to mid-afternoon finishes before going home to do it all again the following day.
And next week all the intensive ballwork and skills drills commence with new and proven on-field combinations being tried and tested, ahead of an exciting 2015 with plenty of fresh faces getting around the running tracks.
But no-one is complaining as the competition for spots in the starting side, Top 17 and even the Top 25 have begun in earnest as players seek to shine with their fitness levels as potential team line-ups begin to take shape.
At Broncos training, veteran and rookie forwards are grouped together while senior and new backs are also combined to compete with each other at close range before assembling again for whole squad sprint and endurance running drills.
So when the premiership battle begins in early March, how will your team line-up?

This is what the staff writers at NRL.com have judged to be their Round One Broncos Team:

BRISBANE BRONCOS

1. Fullback: Darius Boyd* - other candidate/s: Jayden Nikorima, Greg Eden.
2. Left Wing: Dale Copley (Shoulder surgery rehab) - other candidate/s: Lachlan Maranta, Jordan Kahu, Greg Eden.
3. Left Centre: Jack Reed (Shoulder surgery rehab) - other candidate/s: Dale Copley.
4. Right Centre: Justin Hodges
5. Right Wing: Daniel Vidot (Four Nations duty for Samoa) - other candidate/s: Jordan Kahu, Lachlan Maranta, Greg Eden.
6. Five-Eighth: Anthony Milford - other candidate/s: Zach Strasser, Darren Nicholls.
7. Halfback: Ben Hunt (Four Nations duty for Australia)
8. Prop: Josh McGuire (Four Nations duty for Samoa)
9. Hooker: Andrew McCullough - other candidates: Travis Waddell, Matt Parcell.
10. Prop: Corey Parker (Four Nations duty for Australia)
11. Second Row: Alex Glenn
12. Second Row: Sam Thaiday (Four Nations duty for Australia)
13. Lock: Matt Gillett (Shoulder surgery rehab)

Interchange Bench:

14. Travis Waddell
15. James Gavet
16. Corey Oates (Shoulder surgery rehab)
17. Mitch Garbutt

Other starting forward / interchange candidates: Todd Lowrie, Mitchell Dodds, Jarrod Wallace, David Stagg, Jon Green, Joe Boyce.

*Subject to confirmation of signing.

New Faces: Anthony Milford (Raiders), Travis Waddell (Knights), Mitch Garbutt (Storm), James Gavet (Wests Tigers), Greg Eden (Hull KR), Matt Parcell (Jets), Rod Griffin (Jets), Carlin Anderson (Jets), Joe Boyce (Knights).

Season 2014 Under 20s Currently Training With First Graders: Brett Greinke, Jayden Nikorima, Ashley Taylor, Ajuma Adams, Francis Molo, Elijah Alick, Joe Ofahengaue.

I wonder why Jordan Drew isn't there.

Re: Potential 2015 side

10624648_10152917607322994_8728831869938634233_n.jpg

10389234_10152917607357994_8359050357909468755_n.jpg

Apoligies for the huge pics, I couldn't shrink them down. Apparently this was emailed to Broncos members as a potential round 1 side. Sadly, it looks like Reed is pushing Copley out to Maranta's wing who drops off completely.

Also, Waddell on the bench is interesting. Clearly Bennett has no plans to have McC play 80. Happy to see Garbutt and Gavet getting the nod over the likes of Lowrie and Stagg.
It was emailed to us but this team is what the reporters think will run out for round 1. Take it with a grain of salt

I'll be absolutely livid if Waddell gets anywhere near the the first grade team.

I'll also be upset if Copley isn't named at left center.

Last edited:

I'll be absolutely livid if Waddell gets anywhere near the the first grade team.

I'll also be upset if Copley isn't named at left center.

Yeah if that happens it will be annoying, because Macca is a 80 minute hooker.

Why were there no other candidates for halfback and right centre? Bloody Bennett playing favourites again.

Why were there no other candidates for halfback and right centre? Bloody Bennett playing favourites again.

It is the same with the Props, Second Row and Lock...maybe they think that these guys are guaranteed a spot or maybe it is because we have s*** depth.

That's pretty much the side I'm expecting come round 1, although I think Ofahengaue might get the bench spot over Waddell, I can't see a reason for having him in the team unless McCullough is injured.

Only justification for Reed > Copley would be to help protect Milford during the early stages.

But if that's the way that it goes, I'd rather a different winger than Copley. Dale either plays centre, or misses out altogether.

Only justification for Reed > Copley would be to help protect Milford during the early stages.

But if that's the way that it goes, I'd rather a different winger than Copley. Dale either plays centre, or misses out altogether.

Copley just is not good enough under the high ball, we saw that against the Sharks.

I've got a feeling Reed will be in the team every week, especially if the unveiling of the jersey is anything to go by. I hate Parker at prop, which is why I think we're still short on front rowers. I hope the Broncos sign FPN given the recent rumours.

The team below looks much better in my opinion:

1. Boyd
2. Kahu
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Nuuausala (If we do sign him)
11. Gillett/Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Glenn/Gillett
15. Garbutt
16. Gavet
17. Oates

They're releasing FPN because they signed Kennedy, thats enough to not want FPN

When McGuire is still a first choice front rower then your teams light on. Parker I can live with although I think he is better used at lock. I guess there won't be any new signings as there's probably not much to choose from. Wish we bought a couple of real tanks. Still, the team looks better for 2015

FPN is average, let's not sign anymore free range chickens.

Go to the Broncos 2015 discussion thread and have a look at the videos I've posted. He runs harder, tackles harder and is more aggressive than any of our forwards in recent years. If you think that is average, than that certainly makes our forwards well below average. He would add the bit of mongrel and aggression that we're missing.

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.