Round 1 2015 Teams

Decided to make this it's own thread since it's substantial enough to carry it's own discussion.

This is the team I would select...

1. Darius Boyd
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Dale Copley
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Mitch Garbutt
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Matt Gillett
15. James Gavet
16. Corey Oates
17. Francis Molo

Wing, prop, backrow formation is the only difficult positions to judge at this stage.

Decided to make this it's own thread since it's substantial enough to carry it's own discussion.

This is the team I would select...

1. Darius Boyd
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Dale Copley
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Mitch Garbutt
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Matt Gillett
15. James Gavet
16. Corey Oates
17. Francis Molo

Wing, prop, backrow formation is the only difficult positions to judge at this stage.

That's exactly the team I would pick too, just wondering how Molo is going to fair in first grade.

Out of all the props coming through in the NYC, I believe he's the most 'ready'.

Ofahengaue could turn out to be the better long term prospect, but I'd like to see him mix it with the Jets first before he cracks the first grade side since I have question marks over his ability to bend the line. It's one thing to do it at NYC level, another to do it against men who are physically able to drive big guys like him backwards.

I just hope Molo can get himself right. He had serious shoulder surgery and didn't have the best of 2014s.

Out of all the props coming through in the NYC, I believe he's the most 'ready'.

Ofahengaue could turn out to be the better long term prospect, but I'd like to see him mix it with the Jets first before he cracks the first grade side since I have question marks over his ability to bend the line. It's one thing to do it at NYC level, another to do it against men who are physically able to drive big guys like him backwards.

I just hope Molo can get himself right. He had serious shoulder surgery and didn't have the best of 2014s.

I hope he kill it because both him and Ofahengaue have had huge raps on them for a while. If they gun it season we may not have to go out and sign a prop, which would be good.

I disagree, I think out of the two props Molo and Ofahengaue that Joe has now developed passed Molo. Molo started round one in ISC was pretty average while Joe remodelled his game and did exactly what he needed to do. The Joe from 2014 was completely different from the Joe of 2013.

Molo hasn't shown he can handle ISC, his 3 games I thought he really struggled and then he got injured. If Joe starts in ISC and handles it and contributes then I think he's in front.

Garbutt is going to suprise people, I don't know why people keep naming him on the bench, he has a huge motor and while looking at him you wouldn't think so the data and stats from Easts' games show he can play big minutes and then come back later to make an impact.

I disagree, I think out of the two props Molo and Ofahengaue that Joe has now developed passed Molo. Molo started round one in ISC was pretty average while Joe remodelled his game and did exactly what he needed to do. The Joe from 2014 was completely different from the Joe of 2013.

Molo hasn't shown he can handle ISC, his 3 games I thought he really struggled and then he got injured. If Joe starts in ISC and handles it and contributes then I think he's in front.

Garbutt is going to suprise people, I don't know why people keep naming him on the bench, he has a huge motor and while looking at him you wouldn't think so the data and stats from Easts' games show he can play big minutes and then come back later to make an impact.

So what is your forward pack [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION]? I think we would all be interested to know.

As I said, Molo didn't have the best start to 2014, but was beginning to get close to his best before he got injured.

There isn't a lot separating either and it may even come down to trial form, but as is, I'd go Molo to begin with as I believe he offers more per carry than Joe does.

As I said, Molo didn't have the best start to 2014, but was beginning to get close to his best before he got injured.

There isn't a lot separating either and it may even come down to trial form, but as is, I'd go Molo to begin with as I believe he offers more per carry than Joe does.

At least we have competition for spots, those two can push each other to fulfil their potential.

I hope Garbutt starts with McGuire in the front row, with Parker at lock, and a rotation of Gavet and Dodds/Wallace/Molo/Ofa from the bench. Thaiday right fringe, Gillett left, Glenn utility and Oates to complete the bench.

1: Boyd
2: Vidot
3: Copley
4: Hodges
5: Kahu
6: Milford
7: Hunt
8: McGuire
9: McCullogh
10: Garbutt
11: Gillett
12: Thiaday
13: Parker

14: Gavet
15: Glenn
16: Ofa or another young prop
17: Oates

Make it happen!

This is exactly why I don't want to sign a plodder like FPN. We have two great young props in Joffa And Folo. Then there is also Jarrow. I agree with 1910 that Joffa has gone ahead. I have already said in other threads that I want Joffa starting in round 1. I would be also content with Garbie starting but Joffa has to be in the 17. Hopefully Folo breaks the door down and by the end of the season both of them have seen considerable game time.

My team round 1, 2015 now Barba is gone:

1. Hodges
2. Boyd
3. Copley
4. Reed
5. Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Joffa
9. Macca
10. McG
11. Glenn
12. Oates
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Thaiday
16. Garbutt
17. Gavet/Molo

Mfw I hear these new NYC nicknames

Awesome-center-Redux-1.jpg

Ofahengaue, Molo & Arrow will do just fine.

The only useful nickname for the NYC players is Jikorima, but I can't help myself sometimes.

I like this team except i would have Glenn starting and Gillett as the impact player of the bench, probably giving Thaiday a breather.
Maybe replace Ofa with Dodds for the start of the season also

Last edited:
I'd have Glenn starting and for all that is holy, use him to hit holes a lot more than in the last 2 years. Soon-ish, I'd have 2 of Glenn/Gillett/Oates starting over Thaiday too, assuming he keeps being terrible enough that even his profile won't help him.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Cavalo
  • Browny
  • Allo
  • IceWorks
  • Skyblues87
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Fozz
  • Kev_Guz
  • Foordy
  • davidp
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Financeguy
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Harry Sack
  • Howie
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.