Round 1 2015 Teams

I think Stagg has an engineering degree?

1 Darius Boyd
2 Daniel Vidot
3 Dale Copley
4 Justin Hodges
5 Jack Reed
6 Anthony Milford
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Mitch Garbutt
11 Alex Glenn
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Corey Parker
14James Gavet
15 Corey Oates
16 Matt Gillett
17 Jarrod Wallace

Me neither but he has the bench prop experience so I think he will get the spot for round 1. Although I don't think he will last.

When McGuire is still a first choice front rower then your teams light on. Parker I can live with although I think he is better used at lock. I guess there won't be any new signings as there's probably not much to choose from. Wish we bought a couple of real tanks. Still, the team looks better for 2015
What's this McGuire light business? He's one of the best props in the game.

Me neither but he has the bench prop experience so I think he will get the spot for round 1. Although I don't think he will last.

You think he'll get the spot because he has bench prop experience? That's just ridiculous.

What's this McGuire light business? He's one of the best props in the game.
It means exactly what the words indicate. There is a separate thread for McGuire discussion but to save you looking, and as a one time only I will expand on it. I think he is a good hard working dedicated bloke who would be better at lock. I don't rate him in the first level of NRL props.

1. Darius Boyd
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Dale Copley
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. 2nd best prop
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Alex Glenn
13. Corey Parker

14. Matt Parcell/Jayden Nikorima
15. Corey Oates
16. Matt Gillett
17. 3rd best prop.

I think this is the ideal team to pick for round one depending on how players play in the Trials, Pre-season and Nines (Ofahengaue, Garbutt and Gavet are my top 3 atm.) Would like to see Garbutt get first shot at the starting spot though. I really only see Gavet as an impact foward coming off the bench. Other fowards that could force their way into the team due to injury or form would be Mitchell Dodds, Francis Molo and Rod Griffin. I think that is our best backline, I think Hodges and Kahu will combine well, he has shown a lot of potential in limited opportunities and I think Vidot is a good chance of being the other winger, just needs to do some defensive work and learn how to catch bombs consistently. His metres make a big difference to our team and if he gains some speed and improves his finishing he will be very good next season.

A lot of new faces next year, it seems to be turning out. You would think I'd be scared shitless considering how our 2014 debutants turned out but I'm actually really looking forward to it.

You think he'll get the spot because he has bench prop experience? That's just ridiculous.

Obviously not the only reason. He's a big prop who has a bit of potential too. He's good enough to earn the spot. It's hardly a ridiculous notion.

Guys, reed is in the side. You're all idiots for thinking he won't be or that he doesn't deserve to be. I agree Copley is good at centre but he's not a creative centre.. He is actually just a great finisher of someone else's play.

1. Boyd
2. Copley
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. Garbutt
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Parcell
15. Gillett
16. Oates
17. Gavet

Last edited:
Guys, reed is in the side. You're all idiots for thinking he won't be out that he doesn't deserve to be. I agree Copley is good at centre but he's not a creative centre.. He is actually just a great finisher of someone else's play.

1. Boyd
2. Copley
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. Garbutt
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Parcell
15. Gillett
16. Oates
17. Gavet

and you think Reed is creative?

I guess his season had a lot to do with Hoffman at 5/8 he showed some good form in the back end of the season. I have a feeling Bennett will pick him too.

I don't think it's a coincidence that 2 fan favourites a few years ago are now hated. Alex Glenn and Jack Reed are both victims of our halves as far as I'm concerned.

Copley played better than Reed this season because he has the wheels and fend to make something out f nothing. When Reed gets good ball he sets up millions of tries, scores himself, and has a great short kicking game for a centre. He's also a fantastic defensive centre which is not only good news for our otherwise struggling defence but also takes a lot of pressure off of Milford in the 6.

I admit that during this very frustrating season I did get aboard the dump reed in favour of Copley bandwagon but now things have cooled down I can definitely see how he would be deserving of a centre spot. In happy for either to play there.

Active Now

• jarro65
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.