PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Melbourne Storm 58
(B Slater 2, G Inglis 2, S Hill 2, M Geyer, J Webster, C Cronk, D Kidwell, C Smith tries; G Inglis 4, C Smith 3 goals)

Brisbane Broncos 10
(S Minto, D Kemp tries; M Ennis goal)

2006 trial game.

1.Billy Slater
2,Matt Geyer
3.Matt King
4.Greg Inglis
5.Jake Webster
6.Scott Hill
7.Cooper Cronk
8.Garret Crossman
9.Cameron Smith
10.Antonio Kaufusi
11.Michael Crocker
12.David Kidwell
13.Dallas Johnson

Interchange:
14.Steve Turner
15.Adam Blair
16.Ian Donnolly
17.Jeremy Smith
18.Ryan Hoffman
19.Chris Walker
20.Nathan Friend
21.Jamie Feeney

Brisbane Broncos Team:

1: Nick Parfitt
2: Scott Minto
16: Darius Boyd
4: Steve Michaels
5: Leon Bott
6: Casey McGuire
7: Karmichael Hunt
8: Shane Webcke (c)
9: Michael Ennis
10: Corey Parker
11: Dane Carlaw
12: Brad Thorn
13: Neville Costigan

Interchange:
14. Petero Civoniceva
15: Ben Hannant
17: Greg Eastwood
18: Shane Perry

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
uummm ! pretty sure us in 2006 , we had a shocking start to the season and got pumped by the storm in a tral then beat them in the GF.
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Melbourne Storm 58
(B Slater 2, G Inglis 2, S Hill 2, M Geyer, J Webster, C Cronk, D Kidwell, C Smith tries; G Inglis 4, C Smith 3 goals)

Brisbane Broncos 10
(S Minto, D Kemp tries; M Ennis goal)

2006 trial game.
1.Billy Slater
2,Matt Geyer
3.Matt King
4.Greg Inglis
5.Jake Webster
6.Scott Hill
7.Cooper Cronk
8.Garret Crossman
9.Cameron Smith
10.Antonio Kaufusi
11.Michael Crocker
12.David Kidwell
13.Dallas Johnson

Interchange:
14.Steve Turner
15.Adam Blair
16.Ian Donnolly
17.Jeremy Smith
18.Ryan Hoffman
19.Chris Walker
20.Nathan Friend
21.Jamie Feeney

Brisbane Broncos Team:

1: Nick Parfitt
2: Scott Minto
16: Darius Boyd
4: Steve Michaels
5: Leon Bott
6: Casey McGuire
7: Karmichael Hunt
8: Shane Webcke (c)
9: Michael Ennis
10: Corey Parker
11: Dane Carlaw
12: Brad Thorn
13: Neville Costigan

Interchange:
14. Petero Civoniceva
15: Ben Hannant
17: Greg Eastwood
18: Shane Perry
Ah yes, the Karmichael Hunt at 7 experiment. No Justin Hodges, no Darren Lockyer, no Brent Tate, no Sam Thaiday, no Tonie Carrol, no David Stagg. Some pretty critical names missing.

Alex Wingnut

Alex Wingnut

NYC Player
Jan 7, 2021
Ah yes, the Karmichael Hunt at 7 experiment. No Justin Hodges, no Darren Lockyer, no Brent Tate, no Sam Thaiday, no Tonie Carrol, no David Stagg. Some pretty critical names missing.
We were missing Reynolds, Niu, Flegler, Farnworth and Kelly. (3/4 of our starting spine and our best outside back besides Staggs)

Most of our best players played 40 minutes and we constantly changed the team around, The cowboys treated this trial as an actual game. They ran with 17-18 players and only really switched around a couple of positions at half time.

I don't think our trials have an actual bearing on our season, if I not mistaken the cowboys also beat us in our trial last year.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
We were missing Reynolds, Niu, Flegler, Farnworth and Kelly. (3/4 of our starting spine and our best outside back besides Staggs)

Most of our best players played 40 minutes and we constantly changed the team around, The cowboys treated this trial as an actual game. They ran with 17-18 players and only really switched around a couple of positions at half time.

I don't think our trials have an actual bearing on our season, if I not mistaken the cowboys also beat us in our trial last year.
You didn't say that did you- still had 12 rep players. Not exactly a poor side.
Good luck with taking away positives from those last two games. I can't reach that level of denial, sorry.

JoeyK

JoeyK

BRL Player
Jan 18, 2022
Prediction: Coates will be one of the top 3 try-scorers in the comp this year. Who wants to bet against me?

I wouldn't want Lodge or TPJ back, but I think Tommy Dildonger might emerge from being the collective butt of our jokes.

I am not keen to bet against you but I am curious as to what the odds are that you are offering?

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
He'll have a good season, just because he's an ex-Bronco isn't good enough reason to make me think he won't have a good year

Melbourne are still a strong team, they've haven't lost all of those players yet

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Good luck with taking away positives from those last two games. I can't reach that level of denial, sorry.
it's not denial it's just not reading to much into trials , give it several rds before you get your pitchfork out.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Some journo named Tim Williams has had a crack at predicting our side. Holy ****, he has no idea:

1. Selwyn Cobbo, 2. Jordan Pereira, 3. Herbie Farnworth, 4. Kotoni Staggs, 5. Corey Oates, 6. Billy Walters, 7. Adam Reynolds, 8. Patrick Carrigan, 9. Cory Paix, 10. Payne Haas, 11. Kurt Capewell, 12. Jordan Riki, 13. Kobe Hetherington. 14. Jake Turpin, 15. Keenan Palasia, 16. Ryan James, 17. TC Robati/Rhys Kennedy​
Ruled out: Tom Flegler (Suspension, Round 4), Brendan Piakura (Suspension, Round 2), Xavier Willison (Knee, Mid-season), Tesi Niu (Hamstring, Round 3)​
"Tesi Niu is out with a hamstring injury, opening the door for Selwyn Cobbo to deputise at the back, although this isn’t quite locked in. There’s a bit of a shootout for wing spots, I have Jordan Pereira and Corey Oates filling the roles. Jamayne Isaako and David Mead will apply pressure, particularly when Niu returns. Billy Walters appears to be frontrunner to partner Adam Reynolds in the halves, edging out competition from Albert Kelly and Tyson Gamble. I expect Kurt Capewell to make up the left edge alongside Herbie Farnworth and Corey Oates, with Jordan Riki, Kotoni Staggs and Pereira on the right. Pat Carrigan returns from a lengthy injury layoff and will either play lock, or cover at prop with Flegler injured. Jake Turpin appeared to have the hooking role secured, but a pre-season charge from Cory Paix has applied enormous pressure. Paix looks to have jumped Turpin in the pecking order, and with Walters able to cover for injuries at nine, they may opt for a backline utility on the bench. However, Capewell also provides excellent coverage in that department. "​

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Prediction: Coates will be one of the top 3 try-scorers in the comp this year. Who wants to bet against me?

I wouldn't want Lodge or TPJ back, but I think Tommy Dildonger might emerge from being the collective butt of our jokes.
I don’t really care about his try scoring, that was always gonna happen but if his defence has obvious improvement along with his terrible game awareness then it’s a knock on Kev to an extent.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Farnworth isn't "injured." He has Covid. As does Albert. The question with all these post-covid players is how quickly - if ever - they'll regain their fitness. He might be available in a week, but that doesn't mean he'll be able to play a full game at full tilt, or he won't be a bit foggy headed. Good chance that's what's wrong with Selwyn, but that's just a guess.
McHunt I think you would find that neither of them had covid, however both were ruled out and separated from the broncos group as a result of symptoms. That’s what has been communicated by the club and the media. Whether you know something we all don’t is another story but I just think you should review your view point on these two’s whereabouts and eligibility come Friday week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • mystico
  • Howie
  • Justwin
  • Old Mate
  • BroncoFan94
  • Waynesaurus
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncorob
  • Seibs
  • BruiserMk1
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.