PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Over/Under 10 minutes after the Round 2 lineups have been announced with Reynolds in the side that we see an article about Kevie changing the halves again.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
I really don't see any of the covid kids playing, and won't be surprised if we see this run out

1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Herbie
4. Brenko
5. Pereira
6. Staggs
7. Walters

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I really don't see any of the covid kids playing, and won't be surprised if we see this run out

1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Herbie
4. Brenko
5. Pereira
6. Staggs
7. Walters
Herbie has Covid, and it would be astonishing if we don't have a few more before round one.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Herbie has Covid, and it would be astonishing if we don't have a few more before round one.
Oh yeah, Isucko in for him.

Isucko
Oates
Cobbo
Brenko
Pereira

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Well it’s devastating that in such a big game for Reyno he won’t be able to play as well as a number of others apparently. However, probably best his covid gets out of the way now when we still don’t for the life of us have a 6, guaranteed fullback, or a single fucken clue. We likely wouldn’t have won this game regardless of Reynolds being there so it’s better dropping an already unlikely game than a game we would have likely got some points out of. Disappointing without a doubt and the team is falling to bits by the second it seems. I know it probably isn’t ethically great but should have locked them all in the same room back in Jan-Feb when they first got it so they all got it out of the road to limit any cases going forward come crunch time. Let’s just hope the boys that play give it a real crack and prove to us what we can come to expect when we get likely Reynolds, Herbie, Hetho, Flegs, Tesi and possibly more players back. It seriously is unfortunate and it’s our luck but just think it’s out of the way let’s move on.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Well it’s devastating that in such a big game for Reyno he won’t be able to play as well as a number of others apparently. However, probably best his covid gets out of the way now when we still don’t for the life of us have a 6, guaranteed fullback, or a single fucken clue. We likely wouldn’t have won this game regardless of Reynolds being there so it’s better dropping an already unlikely game than a game we would have likely got some points out of. Disappointing without a doubt and the team is falling to bits by the second it seems. I know it probably isn’t ethically great but should have locked them all in the same room back in Jan-Feb when they first got it so they all got it out of the road to limit any cases going forward come crunch time. Let’s just hope the boys that play give it a real crack and prove to us what we can come to expect when we get likely Reynolds, Herbie, Hetho, Flegs, Tesi and possibly more players back. It seriously is unfortunate and it’s our luck but just think it’s out of the way let’s move on.
We could forfeit, take the 2 point hit, but not **** up our differential with a big loss.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I was just thinking this - I’m confident the NRL will knock it back to 7 days within a month or so and it disadvantages a non-Bronco team.
I think they’ll 100% postpone at least one match for another team due to missing players with Covid. Watch a roosters game get moved from a Friday to a Monday to allow Tedesco and Radley enough time to play after isolating.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I think they’ll 100% postpone at least one match for another team due to missing players with Covid. Watch a roosters game get moved from a Friday to a Monday to allow Tedesco and Radley enough time to play after isolating.

You've gone conservative, the other team would be made to forfeit and the Roosters get 4 points, 2 for the 'win' and 2 for inconvenience.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Interested if this has been done in RL.

All the SL clubs did it round one 1996.

Broncos forfeited to Auckland. Not sure why Auckland got the points and not Auckland forfeiting to Brisbane.

Balmain didn't turn up to the 1909 GF either.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014

Broncos forfeited to Auckland. Not sure why Auckland got the points and not Auckland forfeiting to Brisbane.
I think the answer is obvious

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017

Balmain didn't turn up to the 1909 GF either.
The Storm didn’t turn up to the 2008 GF either.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
Why? Auckland was SL too- they both sat out. It was the Broncos home game.
I'll give you a hint. One team was the Broncos, the other was not the Broncos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.