PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
Hopefully that's all our bad luck used up for the season. The only plus will be that Reynolds gets another week to get any niggling injuries right.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
If Kevvie cooked up a tactical forfeit we might find out pretty quick which is more important, not losing or not making money from tickets and broadcasting.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I probably cursed Reynolds.

I've got a 6 game membership and I used up one of my games to get tickets for this and now Reynolds is out.

My luck has been pretty shit lately.

There was a long period there, I'm talking years, where every game against a top 4 side I went to the Broncos lost. That curse was finally broken in 2015.

Now comes the next curse.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I would probably be expecting more players to be announced out in the next week.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
The nrl can surely not justify a "fair" competition if we have 7 or 8 top 17 out. If it was the rooster, souths or storm in this position the discussion would be happening now, but it won't be considered until we start using our 12 year old scholarship players

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
The opposing argument to those saying it’s good to get it out of the way early is that our draw is the easiest it’s been for the start of the season. After about the first 5 games it goes on another typical terrible run. If we don’t snag a few wins early we may miss the opportunity to win any more games than last season.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
****. I thought Cody Walker was out for some reason.

We need to bait him like other teams have done, he loses his shit too easily. No wayne around either.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
It's obviously not as critical but **** losing hethrington is a big blow too these days with the form he was in...

I really, really hope Walters keeps carrigan at prop. Carrigan plays better there and hethrington is exactly what we need at lock. I'd be chucking paliaasia there.

Also, all this talk of anyone but Gamble taking Reynolds spot I feel is missing the point. For me, in the trials Gamble was told to play the organiser and tight side of the field when he was on. That means he is a ready made replacement for him, despite the quality dropping dramatically.

One thing that may help us is Gamble getting under walkers skin.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
It's obviously not as critical but **** losing hethrington is a big blow too these days with the form he was in...

I really, really hope Walters keeps carrigan at prop. Carrigan plays better there and hethrington is exactly what we need at lock. I'd be chucking paliaasia there.

Also, all this talk of anyone but Gamble taking Reynolds spot I feel is missing the point. For me, in the trials Gamble was told to play the organiser and tight side of the field when he was on. That means he is a ready made replacement for him, despite the quality dropping dramatically.

One thing that may help us is Gamble getting under walkers skin.

Pretty sure Gamble is also in doubt due to covid protocols

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
FFS. Should have all purposely spread Covid around in the preseason like I'm sure the Roosters/Storm have done.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Where has it been recorded Gamble is out?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Reynolds confirmed it. Not sure if it’s anywhere more official.
We now know at least half the team has already had Covid, but we only know about half those names. I'd like to gerry up a checklist but here's all I have so far:

Piakura
Palasia
Carrigan
Haas *
Capewell *
Flegler *
Isaako *
Walters
Gamble
Kelly
Reynolds
Fannyworth
Hetherington

*unconfirmed

K

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
I guess we have to look on the positive side of things now, with Reynolds out he doesn't come in play his 1st game against defending premieres. Reynolds 1st run is with a bottom 4 bulldogs who are trying to get a new spine going. We want Reynolds confidence high so if he can come in and seem like he makes a big change then the rest of the team should follow. From looking at our 1st 4 games we have a strong chance to be 3 wins 1 lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Broncorob
  • Lostboy
  • mitch222
  • Swordfish
  • MrMoore
  • winslow_wong
  • GCBRONCO
  • dasherhalo
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • BooKhaki
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.