PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarification on Covid protocols:

So can they play on day 8 if symptom free? That's the real question I want answered.
I’d assume the “graduated return to training” process would take more than 1 day - so I’d guess no.

We now know at least half the team has already had Covid, but we only know about half those names. I'd like to gerry up a checklist but here's all I have so far:

Piakura
Palasia
Carrigan
Haas *
Capewell *
Flegler *
Isaako *
Walters
Gamble
Kelly
Reynolds
Fannyworth
Hetherington

*unconfirmed
Can confirm Isaako is unable to catch anything, so you can probably remove him from the list.

We now know at least half the team has already had Covid, but we only know about half those names. I'd like to gerry up a checklist but here's all I have so far:

Piakura
Palasia
Carrigan
Haas *
Capewell *
Flegler *
Isaako *
Walters
Gamble
Kelly
Reynolds
Fannyworth
Hetherington

*unconfirmed
Turps has to have with all that Paix reporting around that time getting his opportunity to train on reyno’s side rather than against.

After speaking with a few mates in the athletics world who are struggling months after infection, they predict a battle of the fittest. With an intense start to the game, they predict a very sharp drop off in fitness from the covid recover-ees.

After speaking with a few mates in the athletics world who are struggling months after infection, they predict a battle of the fittest. With an intense start to the game, they predict a very sharp drop off in fitness from the covid recover-ees.
100% this. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for the NRL to temporarily bring back unlimited interchange or expand the bench, just for the first half of the season.

100% this. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for the NRL to temporarily bring back unlimited interchange or expand the bench, just for the first half of the season.

They will if the Roosters, Panthers, Rabbits or Cowboys are affected, otherwise it will be tough luck.

Basically describes how Cobbo has started the season / pre-season.

It's obviously not as critical but **** losing hethrington is a big blow too these days with the form he was in...

I really, really hope Walters keeps carrigan at prop. Carrigan plays better there and hethrington is exactly what we need at lock. I'd be chucking paliaasia there.

Also, all this talk of anyone but Gamble taking Reynolds spot I feel is missing the point. For me, in the trials Gamble was told to play the organiser and tight side of the field when he was on. That means he is a ready made replacement for him, despite the quality dropping dramatically.

One thing that may help us is Gamble getting under walkers skin.
The loss of kobe means we have lost the defender that is the heavier/classic hitter and also finishes the tackles (wraps up the legs when two people have locked the attacker with the ball). The only player that defends similarly is turpin. Because of this I would be starting turpin at 9 and then knocking him back to 13 when paix comes on (maybe about the 30min mark).

Previously when at least kobe or turpin have not been on the field our defence is pretty loose and I think cook and walker would have a field day

Haas is having a dispute with his manager so no way he’s contracted it

And Tedesco just clearly doesn't get it, so he's off the list too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• jarro65
  • Culhwch
  • Jedhead
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.