PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the odds Gamble actually has it?

While the whataboutism's are all in good fun, I wonder what would happen if a club happens to catch COVID on the eve of the Grand Final? Does the team just have to accept it and run out their NSW Cup or QCup team or will the NRL delay it? Would that even be an option given the reported cases of fatigue post-COVID?

I would not be shocked at all if there is a COVID round of League and the NRL in their infinite wisdom intervene and abolish this protocol.

Unfortunately the Broncos are just going to have to suck it up. Which sucks for them because not only is it a blow, they cannot afford a slow start. Kevie may only have six weeks to keep his job, at which point, the entire direction of the football department could change.

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Gamble from effort and aggressive playing style. But he's overall skills and control of the team just doesnt cut it and we won't be finishing any higher than top 8-5 with him as a half.

While the whataboutism's are all in good fun, I wonder what would happen if a club happens to catch COVID on the eve of the Grand Final? Does the team just have to accept it and run out their NSW Cup or QCup team or will the NRL delay it? Would that even be an option given the reported cases of fatigue post-COVID?

I would not be shocked at all if there is a COVID round of League and the NRL in their infinite wisdom intervene and abolish this protocol.

Unfortunately the Broncos are just going to have to suck it up. Which sucks for them because not only is it a blow, they cannot afford a slow start. Kevie may only have six weeks to keep his job, at which point, the entire direction of the football department could change.
really 6 weeks? if this is the case then it's the hierarchy that needs moving on , completely changing your direction after a season and six weeks would turn the club into a complete joke.

really 6 weeks? if this is the case then it's the hierarchy that needs moving on , completely changing your direction after a season and six weeks would turn the club into a complete joke.
It may sound dramatic, but if the Broncos get off to a horrid start and get flogged on numerous occasions, I can see the club thanking Kevie for being a care-taker but now they have to go in a different direction.

Typically the start of the season is when a lot of these choices are made.

It may sound dramatic, but if the Broncos get off to a horrid start and get flogged on numerous occasions, I can see the club thanking Kevie for being a care-taker but now they have to go in a different direction.

Typically the start of the season is when a lot of these choices are made.
Can understand if we have our full squad free from injuries/COVID and affects from it and be still getting pumped, but surely there needs to be some sort of compromise with our situation.
Also to boot a coach who only just put his prints on the roster should be given time to produce some sort of direction, be it good or bad before scraping it.
Unless the football department have a complete different direction they want to go in , with coach/staff and players lined up i don't see the point of changing so quickly.

Indeed. 0 wins from 2 starts. His record is intact.
He has only started once

Tyra Banks Mic Drop GIF by Allure

Adam Reynolds supposedly can still play the Rabbits. The rules changed because round 1 was revolved around him. Get yourself a big NSW signing and they change the rules for you. Probably expecting a big viewership and had to re-assess the stupid rules as a result. Pressure will probably be on the broncos to pick him with the supposed crowds. If he isn’t sick I would otherwise I would be doing the best to leave it alone.

Hope not. With Reynolds out we need a half that can steer the team around. He is the only other capable half at the club that can do that

Adam Reynolds supposedly can still play the Rabbits. The rules changed because round 1 was revolved around him. Get yourself a big NSW signing and they change the rules for you. Probably expecting a big viewership and had to re-assess the stupid rules as a result. Pressure will probably be on the broncos to pick him with the supposed crowds. If he isn’t sick I would otherwise I would be doing the best to leave it alone.
Breaking news??

Good stuff.. Looking forward to the game where the Broncos have no more excuses.

Breaking news??
A rollercoaster 24 hours for the Broncos, initially announcing Adam Reynolds & Kobe Hetherington would miss Round 1 under NRL’s current 11 day training and testing COVID protocols. These may now come under review and with Reynolds due out of isolation prior to Round 1 he is a chance to play. Beyond the 7 day isolation it will be down to each clubs medical staff to decide when a player is fit to return to the field on a case by case basis

A rollercoaster 24 hours for the Broncos, initially announcing Adam Reynolds & Kobe Hetherington would miss Round 1 under NRL’s current 11 day training and testing COVID protocols. These may now come under review and with Reynolds due out of isolation prior to Round 1 he is a chance to play. Beyond the 7 day isolation it will be down to each clubs medical staff to decide when a player is fit to return to the field on a case by case basis
Hopefully it doesn't knock him about and he's fit. We need him to have any chance.

Hopefully it doesn't knock him about and he's fit. We need him to have any chance.
Same with Hetho hope he gets a game. Less likely but he is massive for our forward pack. Would rather Carrigan and his average tackling ability stay out of lock and continue his form at prop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• jarro65
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.