PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Reynolds might technically be available for Round One, but there's **** all chance it will happen. If he tests negative on Wednesday, the club doctors could approve him. But will they? No.

The Cunty Mail:

"After receiving advice from the NRL in January, the Broncos implemented a club policy for treating players returning from Covid infections which includes an 11-day training and testing program to ensure they are ready for the rigours of the NRL. However that could come under review at a meeting of club doctors on Saturday, with Brisbane football chief Ben Ikin confirming Reynolds could be back in the mix for the Broncos-Rabbitohs blockbuster."​

What NRL head of football Graham Annesley actually said:

“The primary requirement of anyone who returns a positive test is to immediately commence seven days’ isolation as mandated by government regulations. Beyond that, everyone recovers at a different rate, so players and clubs should be guided by their own medical advice. Club doctors are best placed to assess the recovery of players before giving them the green light to return to training and playing.”​

What Ikin actually said:

“The Broncos’ position is we will always put player welfare first. The advice from the NRL in January this year, from the chief medical officer Dr David Heslop, was that ‘clinicians are strongly encouraged to adopt a precautionary approach to graduated return to sport, with respect to the Omicron variant. In the most mild case, that being a player is asymptomatic, the recommended return to sport without restriction is advised to be day 11."​
"The club CMOs (chief medical officers) have been encouraged to follow that advice. But they are meeting in Sydney tomorrow, so until something changes, the Broncos’ position on Adam Reynolds and all of our players will be aligned with the advice that came out in January. With respect to Adam Reynolds, that is the advice we have followed, not withholding that things might change in the lead-up to the Rabbitohs game.”​

McHunt

This will make the Broncos look like gooses.
Reynolds came out yesterday and said he is devastated he can’t play and how Covid is having no effect on him and how he feels like he could play.
Now that technically he can play, guarantee the Broncos say nah all good, we will rest him.
Honestly if he is having no side effects at this stage, the club should be offering him everything they possibly can for him to be training at home and be fit and firing for round 1.
They told us he didn’t need to play trials because he’s too good for that, so no excuses for him not to play if he feels fine and tests negative next Thursday.

This will make the Broncos look like gooses.
Reynolds came out yesterday and said he is devastated he can’t play and how Covid is having no effect on him and how he feels like he could play.
Now that technically he can play, guarantee the Broncos say nah all good, we will rest him.
Honestly if he is having no side effects at this stage, the club should be offering him everything they possibly can for him to be training at home and be fit and firing for round 1.
They told us he didn’t need to play trials because he’s too good for that, so no excuses for him not to play if he feels fine and tests negative next Thursday.
It'll just be mindgames anyway, if he is playing they won't say till an hour before kickoff.

Cute word mincing. Speaking of mincing, you could've argued he never got started.

Do you think he's lost the vice captaincy to Capewell?

I think it would make sense to give the VC to Capewell.

"Winning football games? Nah we don't want to risk Kunt, Crawley and Anasta getting on '360 and calling us irresponsible, that would be just too horrible for our image" - The Broncos, probably.

What’s the risk of playing him if he’s, for example, currently asymptomatic or not extremely ill? Surely he’ll be good in a week unless he’s been hit hard by the virus.

What’s the risk of playing him if he’s, for example, currently asymptomatic or not extremely ill? Surely he’ll be good in a week unless he’s been hit hard by the virus.

I don't think it's about him

Can understand if we have our full squad free from injuries/COVID and affects from it and be still getting pumped, but surely there needs to be some sort of compromise with our situation.
Also to boot a coach who only just put his prints on the roster should be given time to produce some sort of direction, be it good or bad before scraping it.
Unless the football department have a complete different direction they want to go in , with coach/staff and players lined up i don't see the point of changing so quickly.
That's all fair, but I've never gotten the impression that the club has been comfortable with Walters. He was their second choice, he's signed on a fairly unsecured contract and it's not like he has runs on the board either. It may sound unfair, but this is a cut-throat business.

With that said, my point wasn't that Walters should be under pressure. It's to highlight how significant a loss this is for Kevie and the Broncos. They need to hit the ground running and I don't think they're going to be afforded a ton of patience. Even if he isn't fired in the opening six weeks, the decision to look elsewhere could be made around this time.

That's all fair, but I've never gotten the impression that the club has been comfortable with Walters. He was their second choice, he's signed on a fairly unsecured contract and it's not like he has runs on the board either. It may sound unfair, but this is a cut-throat business.

With that said, my point wasn't that Walters should be under pressure. It's to highlight how significant a loss this is for Kevie and the Broncos. They need to hit the ground running and I don't think they're going to be afforded a ton of patience. Even if he isn't fired in the opening six weeks, the decision to look elsewhere could be made around this time.
It's all coming up Greeny

BHQ Voting.... though

🤔🤔🤔

Don't think these people realised Greeny was already in the list

I've always though Walters was the coach we had to have to stop a lot of the outside noise rather than the coach we actually needed. Now i dont know who that would have been either at the time, but i sadly dont think Kevvie is going to last here.

Agreed , i just really hope that we have a real good option and direction in place before they pull the trigger. Another change would really look bad and the call for stability wouldn't hold much merit.

Personally I think they need to hold coarse and get who ever they need to make it a success , even if Kevvie isn't the long term option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Morepudding
  • broncos4life
  • Totally Unr3al
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • RolledOates
  • Dreaglor
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.