PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it wasn't teamwork, then it won't reflect well on either of them
Based on our trials, clearly teamwork is not on our coaches current agenda. Perhaps he’s trying too hard on the 9,7,6,1 and it’s been pushed to the background for the minute.
Not in anyone's interest to calculate his future value based on his most recent form.
Yet they will come for him, offering shitloads of cash and any position he wants. You produce a player like Cobbo, try and nurture him but then they come. **** them.

also keep hearing that Reynolds is carrying a hamstring injury and that it’s worse than the club is letting on.

I'm pretty sure the media have been lying about that ... you know what they're like.

That's why the club released footage of Reynolds kicking a goal ... you don't attempt a shot at goal an injured hamstring (unless you want to make it worse)

Based on our trials, clearly teamwork is not on our coaches current agenda. Perhaps he’s trying too hard on the 9,7,6,1 and it’s been pushed to the background for the minute.

Yet they will come for him, offering shitloads of cash and any position he wants. You produce a player like Cobbo, try and nurture him but then they come. **** them.
If they want to pay him more they must love him more.

Even with a full strength squad I think we struggle to win this one but considering we will at a minimum he without at least 5 of our best 17:

Reynolds, Hetherington, Flegler, Niu, Paix

Also no Gamble, possibly no Farnworth.

I think we are in for a flogging.

I also keep hearing that Reynolds is carrying a hamstring injury and that it’s worse than the club is letting on.

On the plus side, the last time we got smoked by the Rabbits in the season opener... we went on to win the grand final.

Even with a full strength squad I think we struggle to win this one but considering we will at a minimum he without at least 5 of our best 17:

Reynolds, Hetherington, Flegler, Niu, Paix

Also no Gamble, possibly no Farnworth.

I think we are in for a flogging.

I also keep hearing that Reynolds is carrying a hamstring injury and that it’s worse than the club is letting on.
He came with a recurrent hamstring injury and a history of soldiering on with it. I imagine he’s been spotted limping and the club has insisted he's fine. Just like Souths did on numerous occasions.

If this bloke is fit enough for fullback, I’m willing to give Selwyn a bit more time than two trial games to prove himself.
View attachment 17223
When he transitioned alex Johnston defended at fullback and mitchell was there in attack (similar to the rts and mini arrangement). Then Bennett only played him at fullback for not the full game and then he would go back to centre and Alex Johnston would take over.

Even now, in defence he is not the most active because he had wingers that are agile and could get back into position to field kicks behind the line. Unfortunately we have oates who has the turning circle of the titanic, and an unspecified winger

so basically running out with the same team as last year + capewell and pereira.

hopefully our training sessions have been top notch....

We’ll get smoked purely for the fact jd will be treating this game like a gf. First game as first grade coach of his own team vs the club who scorned him and his mate.

I would be all for giving Herbie a chance if he could draw and pass with the ball in hand. Herbie doesn't seem to have the footy smarts to play FB and that was seen last year.
TBH, I think I could handle Herbie at FB even if he can't pass. All I want is someone that is safe and reliable, and who will be sniffing around the ruck for offloads in the 75th minute of a game. The number of times over the last few years we have had someone poke their head through a gap and look for a support runner who was not there has done my head in.

Give us that with the speed of the game as it currently stands and it is an immediate improvement on what we've had. It's almost a guaranteed 6 again if he does get tackled with the ball because of the second phase and scrambling defence. Next play get the ball to Reyno and let him do what we bought him to do.

Anything else such as a draw and pass is bonus.

IMO.

what are souths paying? get some free money to pay for your depression cans, friends

TBH, I think I could handle Herbie at FB even if he can't pass. All I want is someone that is safe and reliable, and who will be sniffing around the ruck for offloads in the 75th minute of a game. The number of times over the last few years we have had someone poke their head through a gap and look for a support runner who was not there has done my head in.

Give us that with the speed of the game as it currently stands and it is an immediate improvement on what we've had. It's almost a guaranteed 6 again if he does get tackled with the ball because of the second phase and scrambling defence. Next play get the ball to Reyno and let him do what we bought him to do.

Anything else such as a draw and pass is bonus.

IMO.
I just want someone who’s fit enough…that’s how deprived we have been of a decent fb.

so basically running out with the same team as last year + capewell and pereira.

hopefully our training sessions have been top notch....
For now also lacking Coates, Niu, Hetherington and Gamble. Capewell is a big plus, especially over latter day Glenn. We will miss Hetherington. I think he might've been the overall standout from the trials. Gamble, not sure. Niu 50/50 depending on which Jamayne we get to see. We'll find out how much of a loss Xavier is if we leak even more tries in through his former wing. I suspect he's more of a loss than we realize.

Milford played in our last match, and won our MOTM. He's been replaced by Billy Walters. Hmmm.

We're also missing Flegler but getting Carrigan back. Another tough one to appraise.

The other unmentioned loss is Ethan Bullemor, who's starting in the second row for Manly, a team some are tipping to be premiers.

Conclusion: I think this is a weaker team than we fielded at the end of 2021. It all comes down to how well Kevvie's prepared them.

This round 1 side would be a shoo-in:

1. Upton
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Ciesiolka
5. Cobbo
6. Brigginshaw
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Haas
9. Brown
10. Boyle
11. Capewell
12. Hall
13. Hetherington

14. Aiken
15. Carrigan
16. Flegler
17. Lenarduzzi

For now also lacking Coates, Niu, Hetherington and Gamble. Capewell is a big plus, especially over latter day Glenn. We will miss Hetherington. I think he might've been the overall standout from the trials. Gamble, not sure. Niu 50/50 depending on which Jamayne we get to see. We'll find out how much of a loss Xavier is if we leak even more tries in through his former wing. I suspect he's more of a loss than we realize.

Milford played in our last match, and won our MOTM. He's been replaced by Billy Walters. Hmmm.

We're also missing Flegler but getting Carrigan back. Another tough one to appraise.

The other unmentioned loss is Ethan Bullemor, who's starting in the second row for Manly, a team some are tipping to be premiers.

Conclusion: I think this is a weaker team than we fielded at the end of 2021. It all comes down to how well Kevvie's prepared them.
Im not going to miss his lazy attempts in defence and continuously dropping attacking kicks for him. Also his 14 runs for 73 metres will not be hard to replace

We all give Staggs massive raps but defensively is a big concern to me and if we truely are going to win this game then him and our half need to make the right reads. Our winger has to follow the lead of Staggs and no mater who it is they can only do so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Tmac
  • leon.bott
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Ffs...
  • The Don
  • GCBRONCO
  • davidp
  • broncos4life
  • sooticus
  • Tim K
  • MrMoore
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • I bleed Maroon
  • johnny plath
  • ostin86
  • Harry Sack
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.