PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Not a fan of Roberts at 14. Does he plan to move Walters to 9 and Roberts to 6 to give Turpin a break. Paix should be at 14.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
Reynolds signed with Brisbane about 36 weeks ago. That's 36 weeks he's had the chance to catch covid. And he catches it the week before round one ffs.

As much as it sucks he'll miss round one i can only imagine the damage it would have done to us had he played not fully fit and been a bit off the pace and broncos lost. We would of been hammered and the boys confidence shot.

I know its a glass half empty take on it but if we go down heavily without Reynolds at least they can have a an excuse and will go into round 2 positive about his inclusion.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I think Tyrone is the insurance. Shit goes wrong and you chuck him in and the amount of control we get in the game is outstanding. I think people might forget he carried Ash Taylor on his back for years with an un-adequate side around him. He was one of the better players in his Newcastle days and he is the reigning premiership halfback of the Q-cup. If I'm being honest whilst we get nothing out of having him alongside Reynolds, in his absence I'd feel a lot safer with him at halfback than the other options calling the shots and controlling the game.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I think Tyrone is the insurance. Shit goes wrong and you chuck him in and the amount of control we get in the game is outstanding. I think people might forget he carried Ash Taylor on his back for years with an un-adequate side around him. He was one of the better players in his Newcastle days and he is the reigning premiership halfback of the Q-cup. If I'm being honest whilst we get nothing out of having him alongside Reynolds, in his absence I'd feel a lot safer with him at halfback than the other options calling the shots and controlling the game.
I'd be surprised if he isn't the 7 and Billy the 14

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Watch Turps have a blinder (as he always does after a break) and keep Paix out while getting progressively worse throughout the rest of the year.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Watch Turps have a blinder (as he always does after a break) and keep Paix out while getting progressively worse throughout the rest of the year.
So frustrating... are we the only team heading into round 1 with covid issues??

I'm not sure if there's not been much reporting on it but I can only recall seeing Reynolds missing on Fox Sports.

We somehow have about 5 players missing due to Covid, but every other player/team has managed to avoid it heading into round 1.

Cows I can understand given they're remote, but GC was the epicenter for Qld and Sydney has been rampant since Ruby Princess

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Teams are up:

Screenshot 164

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Well, I feeling a blow out coming in round 1.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Roberts could be a handy utility if he's allowed to play his natural game.

He's got a nice running game that could be beneficial against tiring forwards. He's the type of player that likes to play off the cuff and it gives us an extra kicking option.

Not much difference between him and Gamble, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• levikaden
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Totally Unr3al
  • teampjta
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • lynx000
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Nerd
  • kman
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • vertigo
  • Browny
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • phoenix
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.