PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Wow that's certainly a different team to what was predicted a few weeks ago. It's the one thing I hate, uncertainty in a team and we now have bucket loads of it thanks to Covid

B

big k

QCup Player
Apr 10, 2013
I can't understand how Jensen isn't in the 17? He was outstanding in the trials. Same with Pereira.

Isaako gets another shot WTF?

There are a few selections there that have me scratching my head

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
This is why I said a while back that I would be running with an all forward bench. Forwards are this side’s strength and it could be enhanced by adding four more.

I wasn’t impressed by Roberts at all last year, he couldn’t break into the Norths side until the end. He certainly wasn’t doing much in the interchange role at Norths.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I can't understand how Jensen isn't in the 17? He was outstanding in the trials. Same with Pereira.

Isaako gets another shot WTF?

There are a few selections there that have me scratching my head
I agree with Jensen, I'd imagine Kennedy got the nod due to his ability to offload the footy.

Did you watch the last trial? Pereira was exposed positionally and Cobbo simply couldn't keep up with the pace required at fullback. Walters tried to give others the opportunity but at the end of the day, Isaako was the best candidate to fill in for Tesi.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Roberts could only play if Gamble is also out injured.

S

Stinger

BRL Player
Nov 13, 2019
Wow that's certainly a different team to what was predicted a few weeks ago. It's the one thing I hate, uncertainty in a team and we now have bucket loads of it thanks to Covid
I know right. Hate unpredictability. This season especially, will be absolutely full of it. It will be a genuine test of each squad's depth this year. I reckon we're not too bad for cover in most positions... except the critically important spine that is!!!

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
That's what I meant. We have to have a reason to have named these players.

Lot's of improvement in this team throughout the year
Sorry thought you were questioning why Roberts was there instead of Gamble

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Unless NRL protocols dictate routine testing I think there will be a fair bit of don’t ask, don’t tell going on by clubs.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Roberts comes out of nowhere and suddenly gets a bench spot, Kevvie had another brain fart.

It really come down to lack of options.

Reynolds, Paix and Gamble are out. Ezra is going to spend this year in reserves to develop more. Walters and Kelly are the halves. That leaves Martin and Roberts. Not really much choice.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The meltdown on Facebook after Isaako was named at 1.

To put it simply, Isaako outperformed everyone else in the trials. Cobbo had his shot, he shit the bed. It seems he's carrying a slight injury and is no good for fullback at this stage.

Isaako at least had some nice moments in the trials and showed he was better at positioning and the defensive side of the role.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Sadly I've long since written this game off. I can just see the side dropping their heads at training as soon as they heard Reynolds wouldn't be playing. They would know how crucial he is to our position this year as we do. After watching the trials I just can't see that spine achieving anything constructive in the red zone, and that frustration will strangle the side in defence as well.

Very much expecting more of the same from the last few years for R1 at least.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
so basically running out with the same team as last year + capewell and pereira.

hopefully our training sessions have been top notch....

unfortunately COVID is still around.

although we do have Staggs back, which is a big in

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Roberts brings a bit of experience to the bench and a bit of needed cover for injuries and I'm not a bad call. But dam Mam gets talked up all pre and plays well in the trials and doesn't even get a look for a bench spot.

Maybe if Reynolds was in the side you could take a punt on Mam ... but he is an exceptional talent and potential long term player for us ... just needs a little more baking in the lower grades

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
It really come down to lack of options.

Reynolds, Paix and Gamble are out. Ezra is going to spend this year in reserves to develop more. Walters and Kelly are the halves. That leaves Martin and Roberts. Not really much choice.
so, does that make Piakura the $500k worth of 'lack of options'...amazed so many folk here seem to have forgotten about this bloke..

Remind me WHY we paid him what we did..?

Could that money have been better spent on a fullback or hooker?

About to find out i reckon...

Anyway...positive vibes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.