PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
But we're still winning by 30 though right??

I've got a lot of money riding on your tips... I'm deep in the hole from following them, but when one of them comes off I'll be miles back in front!!

Stick with me. I'll make you rich.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Stick with me. I'll make you rich.

Season 4 Episode 6 GIF by Friends

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Roberts is laughable. I dont think people could have watched him last year in ISC. If i said he was mediocre i would be being very generous. I would have rather seen us put Martin at 14 or run with 4 forwards over Roberts.

Not a fan of shifting around the trial props either. Find another 13 so there is less disruption once Kobe is back.
Even Brenko or Pereria on the bench would of been better IMO
Shift Staggs to 6 and Walters to 9 if Turpin needs a breather

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Even Brenko or Pereria on the bench would of been better IMO
Shift Staggs to 6 and Walters to 9 if Turpin needs a breather
why weaken a strong position, then it's just pulling players here and there to cover positions . or you can just run with a utility to strengthen a weak position, our halves and hooker.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I can't understand how Jensen isn't in the 17? He was outstanding in the trials. Same with Pereira.

Isaako gets another shot WTF?

There are a few selections there that have me scratching my head
Cobbo had better impress because he will sit down week 2 if he doesn't. I bet it was close. Same with Jensen in the sense that he's close and only missed by a whisker. Isaako was never in doubt and good in the trials, you just have to accept you might not be right about him. Doesn't mean you're not just that he performs well enough to satisfy good judges and gets picked.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
You’re right, a footy club would never jeopardise the health of a player to win a game… 🙄

Its called cynicism… I am surprised someone that reveres the likes of Pete Badel would take offence with the unsubstantiated.
Oh blow it out your arse. If Broncos fans act like ***** we deserve to be treated like *****. Is that what you want?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Cobbo had better impress because he will sit down week 2 if he doesn't. I bet it was close. Same with Jensen in the sense that he's close and only missed by a whisker. Isaako was never in doubt and good in the trials, you just have to accept you might not be right about him. Doesn't mean you're not just that he performs well enough to satisfy good judges and gets picked.
What good judges?

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
why weaken a strong position, then it's just pulling players here and there to cover positions . or you can just run with a utility to strengthen a weak position, our halves and hooker.
Wouldn't really be weakening a position your just going to be getting Kotonis hands more on the ball.. Brenko slips in that centre spot or Cobbo into centre and Pereria on the wing, your not loosing much.
If Turpin plays 80 they both can come on and help the forwards out.. if it's as humid as it's been in Brisbane the last 2 nights having a utility who can help out the forwards will come in handy.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Roberts is laughable. I dont think people could have watched him last year in ISC. If i said he was mediocre i would be being very generous. I would have rather seen us put Martin at 14 or run with 4 forwards over Roberts.

Not a fan of shifting around the trial props either. Find another 13 so there is less disruption once Kobe is back.
The trouble with this pandemic is we're unable to judge Kevvie on his selections, because covid recovery is the wild card no one is talking about. If we get torched in this game, we can put it down to Covid and not Kevvie's coaching/selections. Maybe this is what 2022 is going to be like.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
What good judges?
Probably all the coaches, selectors and employers who made his career possible. If you're not talented you don't play many games (especially mobile positions) Sure, a very average forward could tally quite a few but backs have to impress from time to time plus do a serviceable job in defence. Isaako is talented and tough and will be gainfully employed for years to come.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Probably all the coaches, selectors and employers who made his career possible. If you're not talented you don't play many games (especially mobile positions) Sure, a very average forward could tally quite a few but backs have to impress from time to time plus do a serviceable job in defence. Isaako is talented and tough and will be gainfully employed for years to come.
Isaako has been dropped many times and even now he’s only back in the team due to injury and an embarrassing lack of full back depth.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Sadly I've long since written this game off. I can just see the side dropping their heads at training as soon as they heard Reynolds wouldn't be playing. They would know how crucial he is to our position this year as we do. After watching the trials I just can't see that spine achieving anything constructive in the red zone, and that frustration will strangle the side in defence as well.

Very much expecting more of the same from the last few years for R1 at least.
Have some faith! While not our best team, South's have never looked good without Reynolds (even in their prime last year). Also they have no Mitchell, Gagai has left, and Murry is just coming back from shoulder surgery. They also didn't win any of their trials either.

My thinking is we need to capitalise on our early domination to build a big lead at half-time. And then pray.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Isaako has been dropped many times and even now he’s only back in the team due to injury and an embarrassing lack of full back depth.
In your opinion. Even with all options available Isaako would have been no surprise as a selection. Some are simply blinded by their bias and others are less susceptible to it's influence.

Other fullback options, if all were available would need good trial form but there's no certainty that any of them would have produced. If you spent less time dwelling on perceived errors( and genuine errors ) and tried appreciating the good stuff with the same energy you display when frequently slagging Isaako you might see he's a good solid a grader.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Oh blow it out your arse. If Broncos fans act like ***** we deserve to be treated like *****. Is that what you want?
I really doubt anyone else would get soo upset about what was a fairly innocuous comment given the history of professional sport.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Can't lie, based on the Cowboys game Isaako is definitely the 2nd best choice we've got but having said that, in a well established top 8 team, he'd be a depth winger

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I really doubt anyone else would get soo upset about what was a fairly innocuous comment given the history of professional sport.
It's the low ground, mate. Let's be bigger than that.

The club has a real culture problem, and having fans who routinely concoct conspiracy theories about the rest of the competition cheating and the administrative body plotting against us creates a shitcunt atmosphere. If we're to only find one good thing to say about our coach, he never stoops to that level. He praises the opposition when they play well. He never blames the rules or refs when we lose, and he always finds something good to say about the players who fucked up.

If you don't get what I mean, imagine how you'd feel if every other club accused us of cheating every time we won. I don't want to be part of that shit. Those are the worst type of fans.

Mum-the-meatloaf

Mum-the-meatloaf

QCup Player
Dec 6, 2019
I think on paper we have the better back 5. If our halves can just produce some half decent opportunities there are points there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.