KickHaas

NYC Player
Jul 21, 2017
I cant find cardboard cutout to buy in my fantasy search 😪

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It's the low ground, mate. Let's be bigger than that.

The club has a real culture problem, and having fans who routinely concoct conspiracy theories about the rest of the competition cheating and the administrative body plotting against us creates a shitcunt atmosphere. If we're to only find one good thing to say about our coach, he never stoops to that level. He praises the opposition when they play well. He never blames the rules or refs when we lose, and he always finds something good to say about the players who fucked up.

If you don't get what I mean, imagine how you'd feel if every other club accused us of cheating every time we won. I don't want to be part of that shit. Those are the worst type of fans.
Yeah, as I said, I was talking about the NRL in general, I wasn’t suggesting any conspiracy against us.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
It's the low ground, mate. Let's be bigger than that.

The club has a real culture problem, and having fans who routinely concoct conspiracy theories about the rest of the competition cheating and the administrative body plotting against us creates a shitcunt atmosphere. If we're to only find one good thing to say about our coach, he never stoops to that level. He praises the opposition when they play well. He never blames the rules or refs when we lose, and he always finds something good to say about the players who fucked up.

If you don't get what I mean, imagine how you'd feel if every other club accused us of cheating every time we won. I don't want to be part of that shit. Those are the worst type of fans.

100%

It’s a sense of entitlement you get as a fan when you only support a team that wins all the time, it’s my pet hate about the world of football/soccer, you get people living in places completely distant from the teams they support (Barcelona, Man United/City, Chelsea, etc).. they are only fans because those teams are the most active in the market and as a result, they never have to endure sustained periods of nothingness.

I would not be stunned if a large percentage of people switch over to suddenly being Dolphins fans if we can’t turn it around, only to come back when we get some better results but if you’re one of those people, you’ve lost the right to call yourself a fan, in my book.

B

broncsfan88

Jul 6, 2021
I've always though Walters was the coach we had to have to stop a lot of the outside noise rather than the coach we actually needed. Now i dont know who that would have been either at the time, but i sadly dont think Kevvie is going to last here.
I don’t think it is as simple as that. As a player he adapted to what was happening, so why would this not be the case now?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
In your opinion. Even with all options available Isaako would have been no surprise as a selection. Some are simply blinded by their bias and others are less susceptible to it's influence.

Other fullback options, if all were available would need good trial form but there's no certainty that any of them would have produced. If you spent less time dwelling on perceived errors( and genuine errors ) and tried appreciating the good stuff with the same energy you display when frequently slagging Isaako you might see he's a good solid a grader.
Are you saying it’s my opinion that he’s been dropped a number of times?

I guess we’ll see what happens when Niu is fit but if Niu walks straight back into the 1 jersey I want an admission from you that you were wrong.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I don’t think it is as simple as that. As a player he adapted to what was happening, so why would this not be the case now?

He hasn't really been that impressive as a head coach imo anywhere he has been. He's done decent jobs, but nothing that makes me think he is going to turn us into a force again.

I'd also say just because you can do one thing as a player it doesn't mean you cam do it as a coach. Look at Trent Robinson. What did he do as a player that made you think he was going to be a top line coach?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
The trouble with this pandemic is we're unable to judge Kevvie on his selections, because covid recovery is the wild card no one is talking about. If we get torched in this game, we can put it down to Covid and not Kevvie's coaching/selections. Maybe this is what 2022 is going to be like.

Why can't you judge him on his selections? That only makes no sense if it's in a position where we are decimated. We can still be critical of players picked where he actually has some options available. I agree with you though to a point, there are going to be scenarios where he has no choice.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Why can't you judge him on his selections? That only makes no sense if it's in a position where we are decimated. We can still be critical of players picked where he actually has some options available. I agree with you though to a point, there are going to be scenarios where he has no choice.
Yeah, I won’t judge him for picking Isaako for example because all the options are pretty average, even with Niu fit. I won’t really judge his 6 selection because again, they all kind of aren’t good but I will judge him if he continuously cycles through 6 options with unforced changes like he did last season. I’ll definitely judge his bench usage if it’s as blatantly poor as the last trial (though I’m happy to give him benefit of the doubt that it was for Haas and Patty’s fitness and he won’t do it in actual games anymore).

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Theres actually zero excuse for the backs not to do their job. Isaako, Oates, Staggs and Herbie have been regular first graders. They know the standard that is required - all have talked the talk in the pre season.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Because we have no way of judging whether a player is "available to play" or "fit to play." There's a general assumption that players will return from Covid as fit as they left. That won't be true, and some might have lingering problems with regaining fitness that no one is telling us. Fatigue is the main calling card of this illness.

Walters says he's not playing Reynolds because their doctors thought it was too much of a risk to his health. Realistically, I think that means he's not fit enough and the risk is more that he won't be able to play 80 minutes. Available, but not fit.

How many weeks does it take to get covid out of your system? Google "long covid." We don't have an answer.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
Given we are missing 5 likely top 17 players of which 3 were probably looking at starting spots, the team we have named isn't too bad.

Not sure about the weather forecast for Friday but if its anything like last night it will be a true test of conditioning. The feels like temp was 31° and about 85% humidity last night. Just life sapping soul destroying stuff walking the dog let alone playing intense physical sport.

I do worry that the rabbits will be hungry following the grand final loss last year and keen to impress JD who will have them fired up.

I think the result will be largely dependent on how Ilias handles the halfback roll. Regardless of how talented he is it's very hard to come out and guide your team sucessfully early in your career. It even took cleary a few seasons to properly settle in. There's a chance that much like us the rabbits will be a little lost when attacking inside the opposition 20. That also leads to the question of how effective walker will be beside a young inexperienced half?

I'm half expecting a messy ugly game with some pretty poor execution but a really good battle of in the forwards. I'm going to predict Damien Cook to be the real difference and cause us mass havic all night

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Theres actually zero excuse for the backs not to do their job. Isaako, Oates, Staggs and Herbie have been regular first graders. They know the standard that is required - all have talked the talk in the pre season.
There should be zero excuses for anybody. Once you're picked in the first grade team, there are no excuses. It's the coaches job to make sure every one knows the standard required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Accept
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Galco
  • Footy Fanatic
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skyblues87
  • BruiserMk1
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.