PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
so, does that make Piakura the $500k worth of 'lack of options'...amazed so many folk here seem to have forgotten about this bloke..

Remind me WHY we paid him what we did..?

Could that money have been better spent on a fullback or hooker?

About to find out i reckon...

Anyway...positive vibes....

the media have been reminding us for the last 3 months that Piakura is suspended and will miss round 1

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Unless NRL protocols dictate routine testing I think there will be a fair bit of don’t ask, don’t tell going on by clubs.
You're missing the bit where it makes you sick and others don't want you around in case they catch it from you.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Did anyone else just hear David Riccio state on NRL360 that Adam Reynolds is on $1.1million a season for the next four years at the Broncos ??

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Did anyone else just hear David Riccio state on NRL360 that Adam Reynolds is on $1.1million a season for the next four years at the Broncos ??

we're laughing at him in the roster tracker thread :rofl

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
I know there’s injuries and that but seeing Isaako in the spine and Gamble out (who showed he’s our best halfback after Reynolds) makes me sick.

just seen about Gamble having COVID also, no good.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
You're missing the bit where it makes you sick and others don't want you around in case they catch it from you.
You’re missing the bit where if it means the difference between winning or losing there are NRL clubs that would rather not know & keep their players on the field.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Roberts is laughable. I dont think people could have watched him last year in ISC. If i said he was mediocre i would be being very generous. I would have rather seen us put Martin at 14 or run with 4 forwards over Roberts.

Not a fan of shifting around the trial props either. Find another 13 so there is less disruption once Kobe is back.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Reynolds signed with Brisbane about 36 weeks ago. That's 36 weeks he's had the chance to catch covid. And he catches it the week before round one ffs.

As much as it sucks he'll miss round one i can only imagine the damage it would have done to us had he played not fully fit and been a bit off the pace and broncos lost. We would of been hammered and the boys confidence shot.

I know its a glass half empty take on it but if we go down heavily without Reynolds at least they can have a an excuse and will go into round 2 positive about his inclusion.

Probably made him go to Townsville in order to get Covid to give his hammy a little longer to recover 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Gaz
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
You’re missing the bit where if it means the difference between winning or losing there are NRL clubs that would rather not know & keep their players on the field.
If Reynolds is sick, he's not fit to play. It's not just about being able to sneak him on the field. It's about him not being up to the task.

Reactions: Gaz
N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Roberts is laughable. I dont think people could have watched him last year in ISC. If i said he was mediocre i would be being very generous. I would have rather seen us put Martin at 14 or run with 4 forwards over Roberts.

Not a fan of shifting around the trial props either. Find another 13 so there is less disruption once Kobe is back.
It’s from the same bloke that picked Karmichael Hunt! 😳

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
If Reynolds is sick, he's not fit to play. It's not just about being able to sneak him on the field. It's about him not being up to the task.
I wasn’t talking about Reynolds, I was speaking in general. There will be players that are asymptomatic & there will be clubs who would rather not test unless they have to.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I wasn’t talking about Reynolds, I was speaking in general. There will be players that are asymptomatic & there will be clubs who would rather not test unless they have to.
That's just malicious gossip.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
That's just malicious gossip.
You’re right, a footy club would never jeopardise the health of a player to win a game… 🙄

Its called cynicism… I am surprised someone that reveres the likes of Pete Badel would take offence with the unsubstantiated.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

But we're still winning by 30 though right??

I've got a lot of money riding on your tips... I'm deep in the hole from following them, but when one of them comes off I'll be miles back in front!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.