PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with Herbie getting a go, and agree his effort, fitness, kicking and safety under the high ball has never been in question. It's only his team play that's been a stickler. I would like to see him linking up with other players rather than just hitting it back up. Then we have a deal.

As it stands, if Herbie is super fit and not suffering from post covid fatigue, he has to have the edge on Selwyn, whether it's the wing or elsewhere.

I love your confidence, and would love to share it, but I'd like to have it confirmed he's had Covid first. Besides, none of us think he's a "giving up type of player," I'm saying he's running out of puff by giving it too much that he doesn't have. The mystery is why he doesn't have it.

No he doesn't. It's a level playing field. If you're good enough to play, you're old enough to play. But you have to be good enough. What's the point of a trial otherwise?
I'm not saying he should just get the spot , but he shouldn't be discarded as a spent force .
Give the kid a break and replace him with some experience and then bring him in when he's ready, so many people expecting the finished product straight out of the box these days.

I'm not saying he should just get the spot , but he shouldn't be discarded as a spent force .
Give the kid a break and replace him with some experience and then bring him in when he's ready, so many people expecting the finished product straight out of the box these days.
I'm not suggesting we ditch him, but I'm with @Kimlo in that I wouldn't be talking extensions just yet. He didn't get hyped for no reason, just maybe prematurely.

I would be all for giving Herbie a chance if he could draw and pass with the ball in hand. Herbie doesn't seem to have the footy smarts to play FB and that was seen last year.
I agree based on last year's experience, but I'm looking forward to seeing what Kevvie worked on with him over the off-season. If it wasn't teamwork, then it won't reflect well on either of them. If Herbie continues on in 2022 where he left off in 2021, Kevvie's at least partly to blame.

I'm okay with giving him a go at fullback in Tesi's absence. See what happens.

I'm not suggesting we ditch him, but I'm with @Kimlo in that I wouldn't be talking extensions just yet. He didn't get hyped for no reason, just maybe prematurely.
i don't mind an extension now as he wouldn't have to much bargaining power and clauses in our favour.

Bald Head Hooper said Reynolds won't return to training before Thursday, and we're playing Friday so he's very unlikely to play.

Quoting
"He's starting to go down hill but he was initially asymptomatic."

Bald Head Hooper said Reynolds won't return to training before Thursday, and we're playing Friday so he's very unlikely to play.

Quoting
"He's starting to go down hill but he was initially asymptomatic."

Did anyone really think he'd be playing?

i don't mind an extension now as he wouldn't have to much bargaining power and clauses in our favour.

Not in anyone's interest to calculate his future value based on his most recent form.

Reports coming out that Isaako is training at Fullback and Cobbo is training with the reserves.

Sounds like this will be the R1 back line -

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Pereira
No report is Isaako is fullback, Cobbo wing and Oates reserve

National treasure Dazza Braithwaite to perform "Old Sid" as a curtain raiser:

I was on the fence about going to the game but a few beers on Caxton, with the Broncos under dogs without reality setting in yet, combined with the horses being belted out by dazza means I'm in. Despite the inevitable disappointment and depressive post game binge drinking....

No report is Isaako is fullback, Cobbo wing and Oates reserve

Nope. The team I listed was the original reporting, it changed after a while.

The current back line expected is -

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Cobbo

If this bloke is fit enough for fullback, I’m willing to give Selwyn a bit more time than two trial games to prove himself.

Indicates that Reno won't play
Turpin to start at 9, Paix covid
Herbie and Kelly back training

Even with a full strength squad I think we struggle to win this one but considering we will at a minimum he without at least 5 of our best 17:

Reynolds, Hetherington, Flegler, Niu, Paix

Also no Gamble, possibly no Farnworth.

I think we are in for a flogging.

I also keep hearing that Reynolds is carrying a hamstring injury and that it’s worse than the club is letting on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Smokin' Joe
  • K-Style
  • BroncosMan
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • Behind enemy lines
  • The Don
  • Bongo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • leon.bott
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fitzy
  • Robboi_321
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.