10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington
14. Walters
15. Jensen
16. Robati
17. James

Tesi and Flegs will boost that side. I don’t want Oates, can’t find the line and just gave us our one non-error prone game this whole season Pereira played well for 2 games and played better than his 3 errors and this forum suggested whilst Oates did nothing for 2 games and played decently this game, nothing amazing. I side with Pereira on that one.

Walters is probably un-pickable he played horribly but to his credit he has been good through the previous trials. Gamble overrated game his end of sets are atrocious and he has no running game. Albert probably lucky he didn’t play and somehow ends up with the 6 because it’s quite obvious with only 20 mins Ezra isn’t getting it.

Goal line defence was horrible but our edges still are very unfinalised. Should be better come round 1.

Let’s pray we can score if we start well against the Rabbitohs because if we don’t they drop there heads. How bad can your mental state be the fucken weak minded pricks. Need to wake up to themselves they and we got very complacent afree flogging a brl side rd.1
maybe palasia for Robati but other than that i think that's the best until Nui and Flegler are back.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
If Fannyworth and Kelly have Covid they might be well enough, but they probably won't be fit enough for round 1. Plus it's likely more will go down this week.

I'd be interested to know how much Covid has affected our trial fitness because we've looked like plodding lumps of lard.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Now I want Gouda cheese.

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
I would want a round 1 side thats based on defence.

Thats why id favour Turps to start.

Fullbacks tricky though; neither Isaako nor Cobbo scream "solid last line" in terms of defence.

Wouldnt mind Perriera and Lee as the wing/centre combo on the left. Think they have the experience to deal with most things.

What i would love to see is the Reynolds/Capewell/Staggs/Cobbo right side.

But that means Isaako at fullback...

Still so many questions...

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Paix confirmed my fears that his accurate crisp passing would hit the wall. He started well but at 30 minutes was done.

The issue is will he get better playing or his 30 minutes his limit.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I would want a round 1 side thats based on defence.

Thats why id favour Turps to start.

Fullbacks tricky though; neither Isaako nor Cobbo scream "solid last line" in terms of defence.

Wouldnt mind Perriera and Lee as the wing/centre combo on the left. Think they have the experience to deal with most things.

What i would love to see is the Reynolds/Capewell/Staggs/Cobbo right side.

But that means Isaako at fullback...

Still so many questions...
Paix confirmed my fears that his accurate crisp passing would hit the wall. He started well but at 30 minutes was done.

The issue is will he get better playing or his 30 minutes his limit.
I didn't have much riding on Paix. I'd written him off after the first trial. I thought Turpin looked better when he first came on but after a bit it was back to same old.

Not sure I care who starts at 9 but I'm sticking to my original plan to cover them with Bubble o.' Probably stick with my original hunch to pick Albert at 6 as well, but I'd rather rip off the bandaid and go with Ezra. Have to pick Jamayne at fullback. At least there's a chance of some diamonds.

Bottom line: I can't get excited about any combination after the trials. I'm hoping covid recovery explains Selwyn, otherwise I'm not sure what to do with him. He looked sluggish and lost out there, and not much better on the wing, but at least he didn't have much field to cross. It's a shame we didn't get to see Herbie at fullback. Right now, Selwyn has gone near the back of my 3/4's queue and not in consideration at fullback.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
maybe palasia for Robati but other than that i think that's the best until Nui and Flegler are back.
He may have sayed it, but someone else’ writed it.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I don’t think I really care much about the line up tbh. Not many players have demanded a spot by their performances so pick a name out of a hat and you could justify it as much as any.

The only clear thing to me is that Carrigan is prop and not a lock, and Paix should be in the team in some capacity.

I really have no idea who the best spine or edge options are at this stage. Good luck, Kev. Whatever happens I hope he picks and sticks. The team still looks like they’ve never played with each other.

simplythebest

simplythebest

NRL Player
May 22, 2014
1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth / Cobbo
5. Pereira
6. Kelly
7. Reynolds
8. Carrigan / James
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Walters
15. Carrigan / James
16. Palasia
17. Random forward

I would personally go Mead at fullback but I think Kev will go Isucko until Niu returns.

Brenko played himself out of a spot and I think Cobbo needs to be playing 1 in Q Cup.

Derpin was horrible and I wouldn't pick him, but I still Kevvie probably will.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
1. Cobbo
2. Herbie
3. Lee
4. Staggs
5. Oates
6. Kelly/Mam/Walters (Honestly don't care, all have a claim for different reasons)
7. Reynolds
8. Carrigan
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix/Walters
15. TC Robati
16. James/Palasia
17. Jenson

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
While we're hitting the big talking points, surely it's "could have"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Mr Fourex
  • Harry Sack
  • Porthoz
  • Allo
  • Lazza
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • Dexter
  • Gaz
  • Skyblues87
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Fozz
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.