PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Or you know, people might have watched it and formed their opinion on that. No one is saying he is necessarily the answer, what they are saying is he is a better option than Turpin and that is hard to argue.
Wait, you're saying it's hard to argue Paix is a better option than Turpin? I disagree, but at the same time agree. So I guess that makes your argument right, in which case I'm lost.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I'm still not getting why people think Gamble can cover a lot of positions. He's only ever played in the halves. He's pretty much a 6 in all reality.
Or not a 6 at all, which is a POV that's also starting to emerge.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
From watching, what specifically did you see that made him a better option?

As many of his Q Cup games last year that I could, his Broncos games at the back end of last year and all the trials so far. What are you basing your views on?

HarryAllan7

HarryAllan7

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
I'm still not getting why people think Gamble can cover a lot of positions. He's only ever played in the halves. He's pretty much a 6 in all reality.

Athletic, big body makes him suitable to play back row and centres.
Kicking / passing / playmaking ability make him suitable to play in halves or possibly fullback in a pinch.

That's 8 / 13 spots he can cover, ignoring the fact that he might even be able to slide out to wing in extreme circumstances. (Don't laugh.. Greg Eastwood used to do it).

He's exactly like Michael Morgan who was used the same was as a 'cover all' sub for QLD.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Kicking / passing / playmaking ability make him suitable to play in halves or possibly fullback in a pinch.

That's 8 / 13 spots he can cover, ignoring the fact that he might even be able to slide out to wing in extreme circumstances. (Don't laugh.. Greg Eastwood used to do it).

He's exactly like Michael Morgan who was used the same was as a 'cover all' sub for QLD.
He is way too slow to be in the centres, would be a disaster against some of the quality centres across the comp.

He is too flaky to be a backrower as well and on the wing...just no.

At his best Michael Morgan was a fast powerful runner similar to Jack Wighton...i don't get that from Gamble at all.

I sometimes worry there is a different Tyson Gamble to what i see. To me he is a number 6 who contributes with effort, heart and commitment with the occasional good short kick, not athleticism and power.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

I'm not seeing mate tbh. Just because you look like you can do it doesn't mean you can do it.

I remember seeing Eastwood playing a few positions, I've been watching Tyson since he was about 16 and he's never played outside the halves. Morgan as well played center and fullback as well as a half coming through, I just don't see it in Gamble at all.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
As many of his Q Cup games last year that I could, his Broncos games at the back end of last year and all the trials so far. What are you basing your views on?
His performances in the NRL and trials. He hasn't shown against NRL quality sides that he is a better option than Turpin. He has shown he can be a decent option at 14, not a starting 60min+ 9.

kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
This is an unlikely team to start but still a possibility for sure and what i would like to see.
1.Cobbo
2.Herbie
3.Staggs
4.Lee
5.Oates
6.Mam
7.Reynolds
8.Haas
9.Paix
10.Carrigan
11.Capwell
12.Riki
13.Hethrington
14.Walters
15.T.C
16.Palasia
17.Kenndy

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Here is the side I would put out for round 1.
1. Upton
2. Cobbo
3. Staggs'
4. Lee
5. Farnworth
6. Brigginshaw
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Paix
10. Jensen
11. Capewell
12. Hall
13. Hethrington

14. Walters
15. Riki
16. Carrigan
17. James

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
His performances in the NRL and trials. He hasn't shown against NRL quality sides that he is a better option than Turpin. He has shown he can be a decent option at 14, not a starting 60min+ 9.

I don't think anyone disagrees that Paix isn't likely ready to be a 60+ minute hooker but he MIGHT become one who can, he also offers something in attack. One thing for sure is that Turpin, despite all his opportunities and defensive ability, will never be anything more than an Aldi version of Macca who pulls one good game out occasionally after a break and then gets progressively worse and worse until the season is done, all the while offering zero in attack.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I don't think anyone disagrees that Paix isn't likely ready to be a 60+ minute hooker but he MIGHT become one who can, he also offers something in attack. One thing for sure is that Turpin, despite all his opportunities and defensive ability, will never be anything more than an Aldi version of Macca who pulls one good game out occasionally after a break and then gets progressively worse and worse until the season is done, all the while offering zero in attack.
I'll say it, Macca is better than Turpin.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
One thing for sure is that Turpin, despite all his opportunities and defensive ability, will never be anything more than an Aldi version of Macca
Macca = Reject Shop
Paix = Black & Gold
Turpin = Aldi

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Seriously, what happened to Turpin? He looked like he was about to kick on big time start of last year and just completely went to plodding shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• sooticus
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  • lynx000
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Manofoneway
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • jd87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Galah
  • Redfern_1980
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • Skyblues87
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.