PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Seriously, what happened to Turpin? He looked like he was about to kick on big time start of last year and just completely went to plodding shit.
People liked Turpin because he wasn’t Macca.
People liked Gamble because he wasnt Croft or Milford.
People like Niu because he isn’t Isaako.
People like Walters because he isn’t Seibold.

Eventually that wears off.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
People liked Turpin because he wasn’t Macca.
People liked Gamble because he wasnt Croft or Milford.
People like Niu because he isn’t Isaako.
People like Walters because he isn’t Seibold.

Eventually that wears off.

That is true, but Turpin had a lot of promise. He has lost all semblance of attacking threat - has it been coached out or has he lost confidence?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Lang Park under water, can round one even be played there?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
That is true, but Turpin had a lot of promise. He has lost all semblance of attacking threat - has it been coached out or has he lost confidence?
he's always been a fringe player, like shed said people liked him because most were over macca and he made a few big plays and got pumed up. much like gamble he tries hard and is enthusiastic but that's where it ends , they've always struggled to get into first grade until a struggling Broncos team came calling.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
he's always been a fringe player, like shed said people liked him because most were over macca and he made a few big plays and got pumed up. much like gamble he tries hard and is enthusiastic but that's where it ends , they've always struggled to get into first grade until a struggling Broncos team came calling.

Something has happened with him the last twelve months. Doesn't have the same zip or attempts at creativity.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Something has happened with him the last twelve months. Doesn't have the same zip or attempts at creativity.
Did it coincide with the introduction of the Walters triplets, two of whom played hooker for Australia?

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Did it coincide with the introduction of the Walters triplets, two of whom played hooker for Australia?

I don't know. Is Kerrod involved? - wouldn't surprise me. But he sure as shit isn't playing anything like them.

I am willing to put this down to Kev's coaching, but something is up here. He is better than he has showed for a long time.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I don't know. Is Kerrod involved? - wouldn't surprise me. But he sure as shit isn't playing anything like them.

I am willing to put this down to Kev's coaching, but something is up here. He is better than he has showed for a long time.

Is he though?

He’s always been great round 1 or after an injury break and then very quickly falls away.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Is he though?

He’s always been great round 1 or after an injury break and then very quickly falls away.

He put a kick up once for Coates against the Sharks, Coates caught it and scored.

Case closed.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
i just think he played some great games and like i said got pumped up because most were terrible around him , he did break his leg which wouldn’t have helped with his pace.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

Is he though?

I don't know, but Kerrod and Steve are both on hand to offer advice, as are Dazza and Alfie to the halves, Dazza and Darbs to the fullback, Jharal to the wingers, Pearl to the centers. But to no avail.

It irked me that Turpin started out like a breath of fresh air and then fell under Macca's mentorship. Is it possible he's emulating Macca? It looks a bit that way, but his service is still slicker. I think a lot here have forgotten just how slothlike Macca was ball in hand.

HarryAllan7

HarryAllan7

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
I don't know, but Kerrod and Steve are both on hand to offer advice, as are Dazza and Alfie to the halves, Dazza and Darbs to the fullback, Jharal to the wingers, Pearl to the centers. But to no avail.

It irked me that Turpin started out like a breath of fresh air and then fell under Macca's mentorship. Is it possible he's emulating Macca? It looks a bit that way, but his service is still slicker. I think a lot here have forgotten just how slothlike Macca was ball in hand.

Ennis pointed out in commentary on Saturday (and I totally agree) that Turpin looked injured.
He was running with a real hitch in his step and looked more like he was unable to engage the line properly than he was unwilling to do so.
Not sure if anyone else noticed?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

nah he's just average aswell

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Ill settle for a draw round 1

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
Broncos Weekly got it right this week.

Ezra would still be playing cup for the next 2 seasons under the Storm system.

Gotta learn the right lessons from how badly we handled Dearden...

Same goes for "Andrew McCullough" whose name we shall not mention here....:secret:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• kiwi2
  • Foordy
  • Spooky1013
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • Redfern_1980
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • Cavalo
  • Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • Harry Sack
  • leon.bott
  • westy316
  • bb_gun
  • Justwin
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Waynesaurus
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.