PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are so many people hyping the eels? Is it their draw or something?? I don't see it..

Also. I'm shocked so many people believe:

PANTHERS will go back to back (they won't have it in them mentally, they're far too young to still have passion to build for another premiership, the heartbreak of 20 was what pushed them to take it out in 21)

RABBITOHS to easily make the 8. (This one is most shocking of all. There are SO MANY outs for Souths to be even considered a sure thing. Their captain and main playmaker Reynalds gone, leaving the easily triggered Walker and Latrell to be the "leaders" of the side. Please... It is so easy to put their now primary playmaker off his game, you're basically able to vex the guy into throwing a punch and missing games. Same with Latrell. He's easily going to miss a quarter of the season. - no more Bennett - please, the guy leaves every club in shambles - this brings up the rookie coach. No Gagai and no Sua)

Parra are the only side in there that could potentially take down one of the Roosters, Penrith or Melbourne in a big semi-finals game, if they don't have any big injuries

I think that the Roosters will be very hard to beat this year, Melbourne will have a good year but I don't think they'll be the team setting the pace, still will be in the top 4 though
I think Parra are a bit overrated. They weren't doing that flash toward the end of last year, and kinda only made up for it in the finals.

With the Broncos guaranteed top spot, I think it will be the Panthers and Sea Eagles fighting for 2nd position.

Why are so many people hyping the eels? Is it their draw or something?? I don't see it..

PANTHERS will go back to back (they won't have it in them mentally, they're far too young to still have passion to build for another premiership, the heartbreak of 20 was what pushed them to take it out in 21)

RABBITOHS to easily make the 8. (This one is most shocking of all. There are SO MANY outs for Souths to be even considered a sure thing. Their captain and main playmaker Reynalds gone, leaving the easily triggered Walker and Latrell to be the "leaders" of the side. Please... It is so easy to put their now primary playmaker off his game, you're basically able to vex the guy into throwing a punch and missing games. Same with Latrell. He's easily going to miss a quarter of the season. - no more Bennett - please, the guy leaves every club in shambles - this brings up the rookie coach. No Gagai and no Sua)
When someone posted the journos prediction for top 8 the other day and every single one had Souths there I was Sorta kinda flabbergasted. Ok yeah they were gfinalists last year but still, so many changes. I did well to bite my tongue but glad someone else can see it.

Penrith were very beatable in 21 we nearly got them on both occasions. Our first game against them from memory Kev had a pretty good game plan which worked against them we just didn't have the players to ice the game.
The loss of Reynolds for Souths is huge.. Walker doesn't get to play the way he did last season if Adams not engaging the line like he did, not many rookie halfbacks will pull that off. Wayne leaving will also have it's effects.

Penrith were very beatable in 21 we nearly got them on both occasions. Our first game against them from memory Kev had a pretty good game plan which worked against them we just didn't have the players to ice the game.
The loss of Reynolds for Souths is huge.. Walker doesn't get to play the way he did last season if Adams not engaging the line like he did, not many rookie halfbacks will pull that off. Wayne leaving will also have it's effects.
I heard somewhere that clubs drop an average of 3 ladder positions the year after Bennett leaves. I dont know the exact stats but the 2nd year from memory is even far worse than that.

I have another perfectly sane conspiracy theory counter to yours:

1. This round is about another 5/8th's debut, one the coach would love to be the future of the club.
2. This is Billy's big chance to land the glamour position. It's what Kevvie wants, but he still has to earn it.
3. Billy isn't being shielded from the press. But the press isn't very interested.
4. Nothing wrong with Kevvie wanting his son to succeed. As long as it's good for the club.
5. But here's the conspiracy theory: he doesn't want the utility to overshadow him.
6. But he also doesn't want the utility to let the team down.
7. Problem.
8. So he's chosen Roberts, who can do the job, but probably isn't going to steal Billy's thunder.
9. There will be no Ezra because he'll steal the spotlight.
10. Billy will need to fail before we see Ezra at 6.
So what you’re saying is Kev gave the other half options covid?

Now you mention it, it is strange that of the last 5 players to get COVID, 4 of them have been half options (Kelly, Gamble, Paix, Reynolds). Hmmmm 🤔

What if the team list is a "smokescreen?"

conspiracy
/kənˈspɪrəsi/
noun
a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

I think the word you are looking for is 'diversion' or perhaps 'ruse'. Happy to provide definitions of those of you need them?

conspiracy
/kənˈspɪrəsi/
noun

I think the word you are looking for is 'diversion' or perhaps 'ruse'. Happy to provide definitions of those of you need them?
“Incompetence”

So what you’re saying is Kev gave the other half options covid?

Now you mention it, it is strange that of the last 5 players to get COVID, 4 of them have been half options (Kelly, Gamble, Paix, Reynolds). Hmmmm 🤔

Hi Tyson, can you come into this really small room so I can cough on…I mean…talk to you? Albert? Adam and Corey, you guys come too. Don’t worry Turps, not you, you aren’t in the running.

conspiracy
/kənˈspɪrəsi/
noun

That sounds pretty bad. I'm worried now.

One thing that needs to be addressed from the trial games is kick pressure. Our kickers were constantly swamped, we let their kickers play in a dinner suit. It's one of the "effort" areas that, if it isn't under-rated by the Broncos, was at least seriously neglected in the trials.

Yep kick pressure and kick chase .
Don`t need a ton of skill just attitude . Kind of 1 % ers the Broncos can improve .

Don`t need a ton of skill just attitude . Kind of 1 % ers the Broncos can improve .

How long have we been talking about this shit? We have been talking about attitude when it comes to this side for the better part of 3 years (perhaps more if you want to count the last Bennett years). These fuckers treat their job like a leisurely weekend sport hobby.

So basically everything we’ve been begging for since at least 2018.

Look guys, the front office has lifted their game. The social media side of the club has improved immeasurably, we've cleared out players with the 'wrong' attitude, we have signed players who demand the 1% get done. I think we can safely expect a new era at the Broncos to begin this season.

I'm confident our culture is well on the mend. Friday night you'll see the boys rip in and go on a romp on the back of our forwards.

Broncos by 12.

Look guys, the front office has lifted their game. The social media side of the club has improved immeasurably, we've cleared out players with the 'wrong' attitude, we have signed players who demand the 1% get done. I think we can safely expect a new era at the Broncos to begin this season.

I'm confident our culture is well on the mend. Friday night you'll see the boys rip in and go on a romp on the back of our forwards.

Broncos by 12.
I think all logic says we get flogged, probably put up a good fight for the first 30 minutes, get pumped until the 60th minute and then look alright towards the end of the game once it’s out of reach.

However, my man crush on Herbie far outweighs any objective reasoning so broncos by 30, Farnworth 200 run metered and MOTM.

Hi Tyson, can you come into this really small room so I can cough on…I mean…talk to you? Albert? Adam and Corey, you guys come too. Don’t worry Turps, not you, you aren’t in the running.

Kevy running around with infected burgers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Harry Sack
  • Dreaglor
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Hurrijo
  • DrGee
  • Kenny powers
  • Scdeac
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Nightwatchman
  • thenry
  • LGH
  • bert_lifts
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • jarro65
  • Bucking Beads
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.