PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Look guys, the front office has lifted their game. The social media side of the club has improved immeasurably, we've cleared out players with the 'wrong' attitude, we have signed players who demand the 1% get done. I think we can safely expect a new era at the Broncos to begin this season.

I'm confident our culture is well on the mend. Friday night you'll see the boys rip in and go on a romp on the back of our forwards.

Broncos by 12.

682sf4

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
I really want to see how our defence is. The biggest points I'll be looking at are the Cobbo/Staggs/Riki edge which I think could be brutally exposed, and how Capewell improves our left edge. I think Capewell is who I've got the most expectation/hope on.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
So who are our kicker harassers ?
Capewell , Riki . Patty ?

I see other teams where one guy usually shoots out of the line and tries to get to the kicker . So that`s where another 1 %er is . Blocking the kicker harassers . The prop standing just behind and to the side of the dummy half on the 5th . Gives the kicker a fraction more time . Also putting the kicker on the ground every kick so that they can`t put their team mates onside .

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
So who are our kicker harassers ?
Capewell , Riki . Patty ?

I see other teams where one guy usually shoots out of the line and tries to get to the kicker . So that`s where another 1 %er is . Blocking the kicker harassers . The prop standing just behind and to the side of the dummy half on the 5th . Gives the kicker a fraction more time . Also putting the kicker on the ground every kick so that they can`t put their team mates onside .
Haas was having a crack at being a blocker on the 5th in the last trial. He and Patty looked like they were at least trying to add some good smart 1%ers to their games. If we get a roll on I think they’ll have big seasons.

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
So basically everything we’ve been begging for since at least 2018.
More like post 2006. Even when we made the finals in 2015 we struggled with a lot of that (parker, hodges and gillet aside).
We have haas (and hopefully carrigan) to lead the way and set the standard with the forwards but our backs are crying for a leader and we can only pray that reynolds gets on the field enough to instill it with them.
I have little confidence in anyone else with the possible exception of staggs

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Haas was having a crack at being a blocker on the 5th in the last trial. He and Patty looked like they were at least trying to add some good smart 1%ers to their games. If we get a roll on I think they’ll have big seasons.
This is just one of the things Kennedy does that you guys seldom notice. He does this every chance he gets. KW notices.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
@McHunt
re fatigue after COVID .

about 9 minutes in Gus talking 190 heart rate , heart palpitations and stress tests . :eyetwitch:

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
@McHunt
re fatigue after COVID .

about 9 minutes in Gus talking 190 heart rate , heart palpitations and stress tests . :eyetwitch:

Essential viewing. Puts it all in context. Though if almost all the players have had it, and they're playing a contact sport I don't really see the point of all the disinfection protocols.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
24 man squad for all games ?
Is gonna interfere with the 2nd tier comps . Also going to make away games much more expensive for clubs .

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I really want to see how our defence is. The biggest points I'll be looking at are the Cobbo/Staggs/Riki edge which I think could be brutally exposed, and how Capewell improves our left edge. I think Capewell is who I've got the most expectation/hope on.
I hope at the very least our for and against is something respectable this season.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Man watching that Penrith v Manly game and the pace of the first half was crazy. I hope we are ready for it.

Penrith look really well coached. They all try the drive back the player on every tackle. Everyone is supporting when they have the ball, and when they are attacking on the line everyone is sprinting in 20 different directions.

A lot of 6 agains called tonight. We need to be careful with that.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Man watching that Penrith v Manly game and the pace of the first half was crazy. I hope we are ready for it.

Penrith look really well coached. They all try the drive back the player on every tackle. Everyone is supporting when they have the ball, and when they are attacking on the line everyone is sprinting in 20 different directions.

A lot of 6 agains called tonight. We need to be careful with that.

It helps when you are both a confident team and also never need to be back 10 metres.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
It helps when you are both a confident team and also never need to be back 10 metres.
Well they did get an offside penalty lol 😆

I think a lot of it is fitness. They seem to always be sprinting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • pennywisealfie
  • Allo
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • jd87
  • Canga
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.