PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2022] - Broncos v Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is crazy, the wife and I have been so amped to go down and watch the boys next Friday. Now I have that sick feeling in my guts.

Sounds like our halfs rotation is decimated, Walters and Ezra the only two left standing. Another option from left field would be to make it Walters (7) and Capewell (6). I don't think it is worth burning Ezra this early, you want him playing with Reynolds when the time comes. Depending on how Kelly recovers he could be ready to go by then also.

What a disaster this is, the Broncos luck over the last few years has been depressing to say the least.

I'd rather Staggs in the halves if it's too much pressure for Ezra but you probably have to go Ezra and Billy.

At least we know what the "general soreness" was now. So much for overtraining.

I'd rather Staggs in the halves if it's too much pressure for Ezra but you probably have to go Ezra and Billy.
Not the worst suggestion. Especially if Herbie is back. We're not short of wings and centres.

Thought he was still out from the rona.
You probably right, i thought he got it just before the Cows trial giving him 2 weeks to be ready for round 1 but seems like he is still in doubt.

Golden opportunity for Walters to blood Mam with no need to justify it as he has limited other options, especially against another rookie half...

At least we know what the "general soreness" was now. So much for overtraining.
Yeah that is what made me think covid also. When I looked back on my illness I had general soreness in my legs and back days before I had a sore throat, I even came home from work and had naps like an old women and I never have naps. The virus is a strange one. When I add it all up I was ill for around 18 days, including the sinus congestion and morning cough that are now gone. So I would bet Reynolds was actually + at least 4-7 days ago.

Yeah but you know that if, say, Tedesco gets a positive test, the NRL will not only allow the Roosters to borrow Ponga for a couple of weeks, but Tedesco is also able to stay on the field as 14th man and any opponents who come within 1.5 metres of him are deemed to be tackled and must then themselves leave the field for testing.
Truth GIF

We are going to get belted. We will have our opportunities but our spine will **** it up like every other game in the last 3 shitty years and we probably won’t score a point.

What I would give to have a side that can actually score from set plays and structure instead of just giving it to Haas or staggs and hoping they do something special.

The trials have given me less confidence then I had last season. The thing that pisses me off the most about half the idiots wearing the jumper is all their Instagram posts about how it was good to be out there and good to be playing with the boys. They get belted 75% of the time and they don’t seem to care. It’s disgusting

Reynolds:

“I feel the same as everyone else. The most disappointing thing is I won’t run out in round one. I was really looking forward to running onto Suncorp Stadium before a packed crowd. The members and fans have been really welcoming towards me since I got here and I want to start playing some football and give back to them. I am dying to get out there and play for the club, it’s been on my mind for a while wanting to put that Broncos jumper on, but it’s not meant to be."

“Round two has to be the goal now.”

“A few of the boys went down with Covid in Mackay, so we decided to play it safe. I had the PCR test and it came back positive, which rules me out for round one which is disappointing.”

“I actually don’t feel too bad. I feel like I could play, but the NRL rules are there for the protection of players so we have to abide by them. I had an itchy throat yesterday. I actually tested negative on the RAT, but because Kobe Hethington tested positive, we decided to get a PCR test."

“There’s a few of us out with Covid. There’s not many guys left in the halves. Myself, Albert Kelly and Tyson Gamble have got Covid in the last few days, so we’re a bit thin at the moment, but we’ll make do, we won’t have any excuses going into round one. Every team will face these Covid challenges during the year and it’s just a matter of how we deal with it."

“I’m not too sure what role Ezra would play yet. He is only young and we don’t want to put too much pressure on him at this stage of his career. If he played, it would depend who plays beside him, but it’s a long season so we have time to let Ezra develop. It’s a bit of a hurdle to overcome, but we will still get out there and have a crack.”

McHunt

Wear a hazmat suit.

Seems like the perfect opportunity to blood Ezra to me. Chuck him right in the deep end.

We also have Tyrone Roberts on Train and Trial, Te Maire Martin on Development, and Paix who would probably prefer to play in the halves. There was some talk of expanding the number of players on tap because of Covid. Maybe the Broncos will apply.

long season get all the bs out of the road early

I’m trying to find the nba and nfl stuff but coming up empty, maybe it was just a change re testing requirements
Well NHL were doing daily testing and dudes were having to sit out for 7 days that weren’t even sick. As you can imagine that can be 3 games in hockey, it wasn’t sustainable.

about a month ago they changed it to only test someone who actually feels unwell. Other then that no more testing.

Well NHL were doing daily testing and dudes were having to sit out for 7 days that weren’t even sick. As you can imagine that can be 3 games in hockey, it wasn’t sustainable.

about a month ago they changed it to only test someone who actually feels unwell. Other then that no more testing.
I remember LBJ did a rant about healthy players having to sit or something, maybe I just assumed they’d change because of him 😅.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.