PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2024] Roosters vs Broncos in Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
The stepping into touch from the kick off was a flukey kick by Latrell . The kick he fumbled for JAC to score was bad luck . He attacked the slippery ball and lost control . Excuseable and understandable .

But ,, Dropped a bomb last night on the wing .That one I deduct points because he caught the ball then dropped it . His kick returns were strong .

Sorry Deine you`ll be playing Q Cup for the time being .

If teams kick high to Oates and nail him before he can get up to speed . [basic blue print to stifle C Oates ]
He will be struggling to make those tough metres . You are calling for .
it's early in the tackle count on our own end that is generally what I would refer to a tough run, a kick return is mostly much easier meters because kicking high barely works when say a kicker is kicking in their own 40, at that point it's better to take the meters and try win the arm wrestle.

Not to mention most teams don't have a Cleary or Moses doing their kicking as well.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Broncos Head Of Performance Dave Ballard:
"The scans show Brendan Piakura has picked up a low-grade strain to his MCL. We'll see how he pulls up over the next 24 hours before mapping out a rehab program over the coming days. Brendan remains a chance to play Round 1 but there is a full season ahead of us, so we will see how it settles before making a final decision.”​
Too jiggy for a big bloke the knees can't handle it lol.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Who? Like I said, that would be the coach, Kevin Walters:

“Tristan put the icing on the cake. I think that utility role from the bench could be an option. We have spoken about that with Tristan and ways we can use him at the next level because as you saw, he was the difference between the two teams. Tristan covers a lot of positions … he did himself plenty of favours with that display.”​
"He covers so many positions and we want to give him opportunities. Even if Reece is playing fullback ... if Tristan keeps developing like this, he will force himself into the side somewhere.”​
Hopefully Kevvies just being nice. I doubt he would say "yea Sailor was good, but there's no spot in the team for him atm", even if it was true.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Hopefully Kevvies just being nice. I doubt he would say "yea Sailor was good, but there's no spot in the team for him atm", even if it was true.
I could see it happening, a player like him later in the game would create chaos for the opposition and probably us too.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
The defence all thought it was going to walsh, who's mere presence in an attacking structure, frightens the life out of teams. Was a good moment from Madden, saw him do the same for Carrigan last year and put him through a hole. One of his weapons thats for sure.
That's what I want to see from Ezra as well though.

We can get a little bit predictable sometimes... almost like going through the motions from the training paddock.

I want to see Ezra digging into the line and keeping his options open... let the defence commit and then pick your pass, run or kick.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I honestly can't tell whether come round 5 we'll all be gushing over Selwyn or demanding he go back to the wing. Just when you think he's the laziest footballer you've ever seen he flicks that switch and magic happens. You have to be on all the time in the centres. We've only ever seen these flashy cameos from him.
Nah **** that I want him on the left and am stoked to see him at centre.

I get heart palpitations every time a bomb was sent his way on the wing.

MrRobot

MrRobot

NYC Player
Jul 21, 2017
Anybody else half expecting the NRL to change their mind and let JWH serve the final week of his suspension in the All-Stars and play round 1 in Vegas?

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Anybody else half expecting the NRL to change their mind and let JWH serve the final week of his suspension in the All-Stars and play round 1 in Vegas?
Will probably be good for us. Another overrated Rooster.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

Roosters already applied for the exemption and it was turned down. They aren't budging.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Roosters already applied for the exemption and it was turned down. They aren't budging.
It isnt over but. Gagai from souths was able to serve a one match ban from the all stars game. No doubt the Roosters will be bringing that up with the NRL asking for a please explain.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
It isnt over but. Gagai from souths was able to serve a one match ban from the all stars game. No doubt the Roosters will be bringing that up with the NRL asking for a please explain.

Gagai got the exemption because he was going to play if he was available and they were able to confirm that, that wasn't the case with JWH.

Once you apply and you're rejected, that's it.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Gagai got the exemption because he was going to play if he was available and they were able to confirm that, that wasn't the case with JWH.

Once you apply and you're rejected, that's it.

I don't understand all of this with Gagai, he played the All Stars game.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I don't understand all of this with Gagai, he played the All Stars game.
I think it was the Gagai at Souths??

Although he played at fullback in the charity shield anyway... so I have no idea what's going on.

NRL have caught themselves in a trap... who coulda seen that coming... after letting Latrell serve a game suspension for All Stars last year.

I don't see why any trials or preseason games should be counted in suspensions anyway... just let them play even if they're under a suspension...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • marw
  • GCBRONCO
  • Howie
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  • Midean
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.