Round 1 - Broncos vs Cowboys - Post Match Discussion

Yep, he's not quite keen on the high percentage plays at times. If the outside backs were up almost in the defensive line, and there was no fullback at home, then sure, try and be a hero on the 3rd tackle and see if you can get away with it. But they were deep and clearly expecting it through the hands, yet Wallace toes it through like he's looking for the drop-out [icon_shru

i must say people are being very positive about gagai. he cost a try with that union ball, if you watch the replay some of his defensive reads weren't great. his scoots weren't fantastic and his speed left me wondering whether he has enough for a winger. yes i've a big fan of kemps but questions need to be asked when hes waiting in the wings.
im not trying to be too negative on the kid but this is NRL.

jjoyce said:
i must say people are being very positive about gagai. he cost a try with that union ball, if you watch the replay some of his defensive reads weren't great. his scoots weren't fantastic and his speed left me wondering whether he has enough for a winger. yes i've a big fan of kemps but questions need to be asked when hes waiting in the wings.
im not trying to be too negative on the kid but this is NRL.

Are you Denan's mum?

jjoyce said:
no child. i know his brother. have you watched the replay?

Yeh. Wasn't a dream debut I'll agree but he showed some good signs and he'll improve on that for sure.

He had **** all in attack.

He barely got any ball, Gillett always got in his way and was the s**ts.

The two good balls he got, he was well marked, the other he set up Gagai.

I didn't think he was great or anything, but far from Thaiday, McCullough and Hunt terrible.

jjoyce said:
is that the standard?

He needs to improve but so does the whole team. And I certainly think it was a solid enough performance that we can avoid rushing in another certain winger who had been out of form for 2 and a half years.

Inexperience showed. What a load of crap they dished up. I haven't stopped being angry at Wallace for kicking on the 3rd what a puss bucket. Give it to zLocky ffs!!!!

But how good is footy season though...seriously!

jjoyce said:
is that the standard?
Shit debuts happen you can't give up on a bloke for a bad debut give them a chance.

draggx said:
jjoyce said:
is that the standard?
Shit debuts happen you can't give up on a bloke for a bad debut give them a chance.

This. It's not like he's been shit for an entire season like some others who still get picked every week.

Ironbroncos said:
Matt Scott was right, you dont score tries in the gym

Mensa must be looking for Matt Scott so he can join up.

Jeba said:
jjoyce said:
is that the standard?

He needs to improve but so does the whole team. And I certainly think it was a solid enough performance that we can avoid rushing in another certain winger who had been out of form for 2 and a half years.

exactly. Lockyer has had worse games than that. I remember when Sailor was really young that he kept running over the sidelines. Just before Gagais mistake of offloading the ball to the ground behind him, he had just made a pretty good looking run. the talent is there, the mistakes can be ironed out. playing first grade and training with an elite side will do that.

Too much dropped ball cost us. Cowboys only had a good 20 minutes at the back end of the 1st half and it was enough to get them home. We had more than enough ball at their end of the field to win the game.

Hoffman continued on from where he left off last season - he was clearly our best.

Far too many players were off the pace. McCullough, Hunt and Thaiday in particular need to lift on last night's efforts. If Ben Hunt is supposed to be 'the future' we're in all sorts of strife. Continues to offer little or nothing.

Jeba said:
jjoyce said:
no child. i know his brother. have you watched the replay?

Yeh. Wasn't a dream debut I'll agree but he showed some good signs and he'll improve on that for sure.

I have to agree, no way in the world should anyone be thinking of getting rid of Gagai at this stage, he looks great with the ball in hand IMO.

The Rock said:
People shouldn't call for Wallace's head until we have a suitable replacement for the halfback spot.

you need to get your tongue out of Peter's Rectum FFS.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Griffo
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • Strop
  • Aldo
  • Cavalo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • barker
  • johnny plath
  • Foordy
  • Tmac
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.