Round 1 - Broncos vs Cowboys - Post Match Discussion

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
He had **** all in attack.
He barely got any ball, Gillett always got in his way and was the s**ts.

The two good balls he got, he was well marked, the other he set up Gagai.

I didn't think he was great or anything, but far from Thaiday, McCullough and Hunt terrible.

Jeba

International
jjoyce said:
is that the standard?
He needs to improve but so does the whole team. And I certainly think it was a solid enough performance that we can avoid rushing in another certain winger who had been out of form for 2 and a half years.

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation
Inexperience showed. What a load of crap they dished up. I haven't stopped being angry at Wallace for kicking on the 3rd what a puss bucket. Give it to zLocky ffs!!!!

But how good is footy season though...seriously!

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Jeba said:
jjoyce said:
is that the standard?
He needs to improve but so does the whole team. And I certainly think it was a solid enough performance that we can avoid rushing in another certain winger who had been out of form for 2 and a half years.
exactly. Lockyer has had worse games than that. I remember when Sailor was really young that he kept running over the sidelines. Just before Gagais mistake of offloading the ball to the ground behind him, he had just made a pretty good looking run. the talent is there, the mistakes can be ironed out. playing first grade and training with an elite side will do that.

Beachy

QCup Player
Too much dropped ball cost us. Cowboys only had a good 20 minutes at the back end of the 1st half and it was enough to get them home. We had more than enough ball at their end of the field to win the game.

Hoffman continued on from where he left off last season - he was clearly our best.

Far too many players were off the pace. McCullough, Hunt and Thaiday in particular need to lift on last night's efforts. If Ben Hunt is supposed to be 'the future' we're in all sorts of strife. Continues to offer little or nothing.

Bucking Beads

International Captain
The Lounge
Jeba said:
jjoyce said:
no child. i know his brother. have you watched the replay?
Yeh. Wasn't a dream debut I'll agree but he showed some good signs and he'll improve on that for sure.
I have to agree, no way in the world should anyone be thinking of getting rid of Gagai at this stage, he looks great with the ball in hand IMO.

Jeba

International
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":3pcwhouv]People shouldn't call for Wallace's head until we have a suitable replacement for the halfback spot.
you need to get your tongue out of Peter's Rectum FFS.[/quote:3pcwhouv]

So you reckon we'd go better with Hunt at halfback?

Bucking Beads

International Captain
The Lounge
Jeba said:
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":1mou5lwi]People shouldn't call for Wallace's head until we have a suitable replacement for the halfback spot.
you need to get your tongue out of Peter's Rectum FFS.
So you reckon we'd go better with Hunt at halfback?[/quote:1mou5lwi]

Yes I do.

Bucking Beads

International Captain
The Lounge
The Rock said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":g46o2unv][quote="The Rock":g46o2unv]People shouldn't call for Wallace's head until we have a suitable replacement for the halfback spot.
you need to get your tongue out of Peter's Rectum FFS.[/quote:g46o2unv]

Why? You never have anything decent to say around here, you're a tard.[/quote:g46o2unv]

you were sucking him off all last year when he sucked and he still sucks now. Wallace has gone backwards as a player not forwards. Give Wallace a few more games if he doesn't pull his finger out then we gamble with Hunt simple as that.

Bucking Beads

International Captain
The Lounge
The Rock said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":iy336lc7][quote="The Rock":iy336lc7][quote="Bucking Beads":iy336lc7][quote="The Rock":iy336lc7]People shouldn't call for Wallace's head until we have a suitable replacement for the halfback spot.
you need to get your tongue out of Peter's Rectum FFS.[/quote:iy336lc7]

Why? You never have anything decent to say around here, you're a tard.[/quote:iy336lc7]

you were sucking him off all last year when he sucked and he still sucks now. Wallace has gone backwards as a player not forwards. Give Wallace a few more games if he doesn't pull his finger out then we gamble with Hunt simple as that.[/quote:iy336lc7]

I was not sucking him off, I was being reasonable.[/quote:iy336lc7]

More like Deluded, feels like we have been waiting an eternity for Peter Wallace to be anything other than rubbish.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Coxy said:
I reckon we might go better with Hunt at 7, but can't be sure.

In any case, after 1 game is not the time to try. Give Wal until round 5 I reckon.
Basically this.

If Wallace doesn't prove himself by then, it's time to give Hunt his shot.

Big_Dave

QCup Player
jjoyce said:
i must say people are being very positive about gagai. he cost a try with that union ball, if you watch the replay some of his defensive reads weren't great. his scoots weren't fantastic and his speed left me wondering whether he has enough for a winger. yes i've a big fan of kemps but questions need to be asked when hes waiting in the wings.
im not trying to be too negative on the kid but this is NRL.
Stop right there.
He made the most meters out of the back from the Broncos.
Everytime he got the ball he looked dangerous.
The only defensive error I saw from him last night was when there was a two on one overlap.
But apart from that it was a 6/10 game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michel nguyen

Twitter