Round 1 - Broncos vs Cowboys - Post Match Discussion

And what excuse is there for everything else he didn't do or call correctly?

He's a fucking hack. I can't believe the rest of the team haven't cottoned on to the fact that the ball needs to stay far, far away from him.

I've been reading on here for more than a year about how bad wallace is, wallace has to go, etc.

I have to say I have finally given in and decided I have no choice but to agree

He just doesn't seem up to NRL level to me

I know he played origin in the past, but it didn't last long and it was only for the blues and they were desperate [icon_wink

We don't have a ready made star replacement, but the coaching staff seem to have raps on Ben Hunt, so I say give the kid a chance

Give him the same opportunity Wallace got - about 3 years to prove himself icon_thumbs_u

That kick wasn't on, Wallace should have taken the tackle and afforded his backline some space.

I would love to see Teo play half instead of Wallace :)

if a kid is selected after a disappointing pre-season ie. being dropped for 4-5 weeks. plays just over half a trial and is straight into an NRL side, all im saying is take off the rose coloured glasses. If you are ready for NRL you should be judged at an NRL standard. Was it an awful performance, no. was it sub-par? well - he cost a try. Should he be dropped? no. should he being given special consideration? "it's only his debut he will get better?" he is judged at the level the coach says hes ready for.

If you were a half playing next to Lockyer, everytime you call the ball over him, the pressure is on you to have something up your sleeve and have it come off. How do you learn to be a better halfback under that kind of scrutiny? No-one has in the last 5 years.

Bennett used to always tell lockyer he played his best game, when he could stay out of the regular stuff and get involved when he saw something, something tells me now, that wasnt for lockyers benefit it was to give the other guy a chance to perform so they wouldnt end up star struck like wallace is these days.

I desperately want Wallace to come good, its didnt happen last year its not happening now, it wont happen if the coaching staff dont change something. So yeah maybe he does need a break but only to get his confidence back and get straight back in the team. Otherwise why do people seriously want to see him fail? I ask this: If lockyer was injured, do the wal haters want ben hunt and another rookie instead of wallace still?

I think McCullough has TOO much confidence in himself, or possibly just a huge ego. He needs to pass the ball to the halves more, especially in the opposition 20. There was one set where he never passed to Lockyer or Wallace in the opp 20, and then just dropped the ball.

Gees the Cows really rolled over the top of our forwards last night. I had heard a lot of our guys had bulked up but we were pantsed in our own backyard. It's hardly surprising our halves had a bad game. There was practically no go forward the whole night. Hopefully Hannant is right for next week we're going to need him.

Also how great was Dallas Johnstone? I'm surprised he could even walk off the field last night - he was in everything.

Alex Glenn looks very odd IMO, way too bulky up top. I just don't know where his best position is, I feel as though our team would be better without him.

Nashy said:
Wallace is shit. He needs to go away forever. Here. I found his replacement.
dog-shit.jpg

You found Ben Hunt's facebook profile pic..

P Wallace - Give him 10 rounds and if he produces the same old... suuuuuurely he has to go.

watching the other NRL games so far this weekend makes me realise just how slow our 7/9 really are :shock:

We need players that are a lot more dynamic in those positions.

Bucking Beads said:
Alex Glenn looks very odd IMO, way too bulky up top. I just don't know where his best position is, I feel as though our team would be better without him.

He's a guy that gets a lot of raps, not just here, but throughout the NRL media...and again, I just don't see it. He's not bad, but I just don't see what's so good about him.

Coxy said:
Bucking Beads said:

He's a guy that gets a lot of raps, not just here, but throughout the NRL media...and again, I just don't see it. He's not bad, but I just don't see what's so good about him.

Coxy, I don't believe that a lot of journalists( or fans ) watch the game very closely.
Legends are born through Chinese whispers rather than any clear evidence.

bent said:
Otherwise why do people seriously want to see him fail?

I certainly do not WANT wal to fail. I would much prefer he starts playing excellent footy.

I don't want him to fail. But he IS failing. So stop picking him - simple as that.

The Rock said:
john1420 said:
bent said:
Otherwise why do people seriously want to see him fail?

I certainly do not WANT wal to fail. I would much prefer he starts playing excellent footy.

I don't want him to fail. But he IS failing. So stop picking him - simple as that.

And replace him with who???

Hunt has played all of 3 good games in his entire career!

So what you want to do is dump an out of form player with a player who is inexperienced, out of form AND unproven!! How is that a better option??

BTW it's round 1 FFS! Let's give Wallace until round 5 or so before we start asking for his head.

Yes, replace him with Hunt. I'm not a Hunt lover, I just think he deserves a chance to prove himself. He may well only have played 3 good games his entire career, but it's not like he's had much of a chance. Give him a solid run at halfback and see what he can develop. There's no use judging Ben Hunt's possible performance at halfback based on half games at hooker.

And I have no problem at all giving Wal till round 5 before this happens

I just have a problem with picking an out of form halfback every single week, and not giving a kid a decent shot.

The thing is that we know Wallace can actually play. I just don't know what the issue is. When he is in form, he is a good player. That semi-final against St George where he got injured, up until the injury he had a fantastic game. He has not been the same since.

My concerns about Hunt at halfback isn't just based on his performances at hooker. Last year Wallace got injured early in the season giving Hunt a chance at halfback and he didn't go well at all, and ended up being shifted BACK to hooker (with Norman playing halfback before Wallace came back).

Unread

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • john1420
  • Shane Tronc
  • Strop
  • Mr Fourex
  • Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Maroon4life
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • PETERN
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • FACTHUNT
  • Xzei
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.