vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for the game. Last year sucked and by the end of it i had become numb to the results so really excited to see the differences in the team and attitude this year now that the Seibold/White stench is starting to wear off.

Since following the team since round 1 1988 there is a different feeling having such low expectations to start a season with, it's almost refreshing. I feel a win is going to carry so much more weight than pretty much any other season and really looking forward to seeing which players will embrace the challenge the club has and grow with it vs. those that will take the easy way out either looking to pastures greener or dialing in on the safety of their fat contracts.

I personally can't see anything other than a parra win this game but doesn't mean some joy won't be found on the individual player performances for the Broncos.
The joy of low expectations and a positive outlook :)

I think that first half against the cows was impressive... if that can be repeated then the Broncs are a good chance.

The Cows were 5m offside the entire game. It's impossible to build momentum when the defence have crossed the advantage line before the dummy half can even pick the ball up.
There's an easy technique to force the defence to be onside. A slower ptb. Get the defence line to all be stationary. It's a trade off situation. When the tackled player is slow to ptb the defence line must wait, standing still. If the attacking players time it correctly they are the ones at speed and not the other way round.

The drawback, of course is a set defence which concedes more metres but offers far greater cohesive defence.

We can get them onside but it would come at a cost.

That is good news about Arthars, he actually has looked competent every time he has played centre for us in trials so I say put him in there! Goodness me, we cannot get enough of just competent these days!

I think Kevvie will go:

1. Isaako (yuck but what can you do)
2. Farnworth
3. Arthars
4. Niu
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Pangai Jr
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Glenn (c)
12. Riki
13. Asiata

14. Croft
15. Carrigan
16. Flegler
17. Oates/Teo

I don't really so what else he can do unless he wants to reward Bullemor for his seeming improvement over the offseason.
Yeah spot on, just hope kevie does put bullemor in that 17 spot . Thats probably our strongest team whilst haas is out , other than walsh , cobbo and tass pushing for spots. Oh , and staggs coming back.

There's an easy technique to force the defence to be onside. A slower ptb. Get the defence line to all be stationary. It's a trade off situation. When the tackled player is slow to ptb the defence line must wait, standing still. If the attacking players time it correctly they are the ones at speed and not the other way round.

The drawback, of course is a set defence which concedes more metres but offers far greater cohesive defence.

We can get them onside but it would come at a cost.
Sorry mate but that's completely the wrong way of looking at it. We're not catching the opposition offside through fast play the balls, they've already retreated as far as the refs feel like making them go then they're moving forward again. All an even slower ptb would do is let them have a longer breather in between monstering our players.

That is good news about Arthars, he actually has looked competent every time he has played centre for us in trials so I say put him in there! Goodness me, we cannot get enough of just competent these days!

I think Kevvie will go:

2. Farnworth
3. Arthars
4. Niu
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Pangai Jr
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Glenn (c)
12. Riki
13. Asiata

14. Croft
15. Carrigan
16. Flegler
17. Oates/Teo

I don't really so what else he can do unless he wants to reward Bullemor for his seeming improvement over the offseason.
I wouldn't mind seeing Croft at 14 but I think Kevvie will go with Paix.

i honestly would not have minded if kevvie put croft in instead of milf for this first game.

i dont think croft played that badly at all to miss out.

imo milf should be made to play another game or 2 in intrust to show kevie he's ready for a big season it might even help get his mojo back.

I do however understand if he did that the media would be all over him for punting our million dollar player to reserves

To come at it from a different view, should Croft be picked ahead of Dearden?

To come at it from a different view, should Croft be picked ahead of Dearden?
Dearden had a great first half but Croft couldn’t do enough to take the pressure off. Milford at least has a big boot which we missed. None of our kicks were troubling at all (except for Turpin‘a early kicks when he got them right).

I definitely think you need either Dearden or Croft, both of them don’t have the class of Milford believe it or not.

Last edited:
Dearden had a great first half but Croft couldn’t do enough to take the pressure off. Milford at least has a big boot which we missed. None of our kicks were troubling at all (except for Turpin‘a early kicks when he got them right).

I definitely think you need either Dearden or Croft, both of them don’t have the class of Milford believe it or not.

there is no doubt milford has the class i dont think any one can dispute that.

just a small a part of me wouldnt mind him sitting out a few rounds just to put a rocket up him and show him kevie is serious about needing him to perform

just a small a part of me wouldnt mind him sitting out a few rounds just to put a rocket up him and show him kevie is serious about needing him to perform

Or make him captain

I think teo (i personally would like to see bullemore get the gig) will come into the squad for flegler as the middle forward replacement. Even if not injured, He will get a couple weeks for that tackle (not unfairly as it was a frigging stupid and dangerous thing to do).
Nah he can get out away with it if he takes an early plea or whatever it wss

Gun to my head, I'd probably pick Croft simply because I've given up on Milford's general apathy and lucky dip bombs. He has to be on his final chance by now.

I think Kevvie will go:

2. Farnworth
3. Arthars
4. Niu
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Pangai Jr
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Glenn (c)
12. Riki
13. Asiata

14. Croft
15. Carrigan
16. Flegler
17. Oates/Teo

Yep exactly right but I think kevvie needs to go with Bullemor he has the most diversity between the three of Oates and teo and is also the most impactful player and he is in good form which helps too

Maybe he should actually get a crack before he gets the rocket , everyone else bar haas , him and staggs have had one.

Gun to my head, I'd probably pick Croft simply because I've given up on Milford's general apathy and lucky dip bombs. He has to be on his final chance by now.
I feel you, but his lucky dip bombs are better than what either half gave us on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Manofoneway
  • Skathen
  • bert_lifts
  • Thelmus
  • BrisVegas
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.