vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate but that's completely the wrong way of looking at it. We're not catching the opposition offside through fast play the balls, they've already retreated as far as the refs feel like making them go then they're moving forward again. All an even slower ptb would do is let them have a longer breather in between monstering our players.

I think he has a point in a way... The whole league adapts to new trends and shifts one way, before moving back the other to counter the previous trend.

I do think sometime down the line if these rules continue that eventually one team will try to counter the fast PTB attacking style of footy by creating an extremely slow PTB, force a defensive line back the 10m and stationary, then run complex attacking plays once the dummy half is ready to pick up the ball - very much like NFL... everyone is set, waiting for the snap and then a play develops... player is down, they take their time getting up to the PTB spot, prepare themselves and then run another play.

I don't think it will be anytime soon, but it is a legitimate way to nullify a team which is built around speed in the ruck.

WTF, Shit Factory?

HScreenshot 2021 03 02 Pete Badel on Twitter

HScreenshot 2021 03 02 Broncos bombshell Walters first selection shock

HScreenshot 2021 03 02 The teen entrusted with one of the games toughest jobs1

Last edited:
Tom Flegler will be free to play Round 1 after accepting an early plea on his NRL Judiciary charge.

Last edited:
I like it. Keep the young guys humble. They're all pretty shit yet talk to multiple clubs like they're big shots.
On the other hand, playing your best halfback, who looks like the future of the club, isn't the worst idea.

On the other hand, playing your best halfback, who looks like the future of the club, isn't the worst idea.
Don't see the hype at all. He looks like a kid who still has a lot to learn.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with him going back to qcup and playing. What did he do to try to take control back of the game when we were getting pumped? Nothing.

I think we might see a bit of this swapping this year but Milford and Deardon have always looked the best together and seem to complement each other, Milfs long boot compensates for Deardons average kicking but Deardon definitely takes the ball to the line much better.

I think Brody's biggest problem is he needs to chilax a bit, he looks quite 'frantic' with his passing and decision making.

Last edited:
Don't see the hype at all. He looks like a kid who still has a lot to learn.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with him going back to qcup and playing. What did he do to try to take control back of the game when we were getting pumped? Nothing.
I can think of a lot more players that would apply to more than him. If he's back in the cup, Isaako is at fullback and Paix is on the bench, that's not going to be a good sign.

Dearden is the least of our problems.
Hopefully this is yet another BS story, which I believe it is.
Dearden imo is well above Croft, Paix and Milford.

Dearden is the least of our problems.
Hopefully this is yet another BS story, which I believe it is.
Dearden imo is well above Croft, Paix and Milford.
From a great height.

QCDwrVH

I'm not against this at all surprisingly. I actually hope a few players get dropped to be honest. No, I am not saying all or even that many of them but I wouldn't mind two or three getting dropped and having to earn their spots back. Unfortunately, the squad depth at this club is such that the depth players are atrocious but hey, at least try and work towards some sort of accountability.

Dearden has done nothing to warrant his spot being cemented. Whenever the going has got tough, he has struggled to an extent. Yes there is a lot to like with this kid but he hasn't made it yet, so keep him honest.

All that said, perhaps he has already signed with the Cows.

I don’t hate it. Dearden is way too young to be under this sort of pressure and probably need the confidence boost of being the best half in q cup for a while.

I’m completely again Croft and Dearden in the halves but at the moment I see very little difference between them over than ceilings.

Dearden looks class potentially but it is somewhat hard to judge with the shit show around him but look at the debut seasons of other halves. Moses, DCE, Johnson, Brookes, Norman, Hunt, Taylor, Cleary, Lui, Drinkwater, Brown, the list goes on. All these guys made an instant impact at NRL level and very few went on to be consistently elite.

Dearden has not outperformed any of these rookie seasons. I would like to hold on to him because there seems to be potential but I also don’t think he overly excites me when you compare him to other halves.

I don’t hate it. Dearden is way too young to be under this sort of pressure and probably need the confidence boost of being the best half in q cup for a while.

I’m completely again Croft and Dearden in the halves but at the moment I see very little difference between them over than ceilings.

Dearden looks class potentially but it is somewhat hard to judge with the shit show around him but look at the debut seasons of other halves. Moses, DCE, Johnson, Brookes, Norman, Hunt, Taylor, Cleary, Lui, Drinkwater, Brown, the list goes on. All these guys made an instant impact at NRL level and very few went on to be consistently elite.

Dearden has not outperformed any of these rookie seasons. I would like to hold on to him because there seems to be potential but I also don’t think he overly excites me when you compare him to other halves.
Mate I agree, i thought one of the reasons we were keeping him was he was keen to be a long term Bronco and we were keen to develop him. As like many others he has not exactly set the NRL alight in the one and a bit seasons he has played for us. If he's got real class about him he's keeping it well hidden. Even when I watched him in Qcup I could not fathom what the hype was all about. i think he's serviceable at present and if he wants to sign with the Cows (or he has) I'm not that phazed.

I agree with Dearden to be sidelined. His performance was not up to standard for an organiser in the trial. There were so many red flag from the cowboys game for me. Hes a big weak point based on current and recent form.

Croft for all his faults, so far and previously has proven he can do a better job. I will cop 50x angry responses, but fact is fact.

Last edited:
I don't see any of this as a negative, in fact the opposite. For far too long the club has been pandering to these little shits that have achieved nothing so hopefully this is a sign we are getting back on the right direction.

Whether this is 'you need to develop your game so go work on this and come back' or 'You want to embarrass us by flying to Townville in the most public way possible, well go to reggies' I don't care it is all good.

If this sees him go to the Cows so be it, firstly he hasn't done anything to earn the right to automatic selection and secondly if this was enough to get his nose out of joint well quite frankly he isn't going to have a long career.

Croft was the better player in the trial. Milford should be the one worried about his spot going into r2 imo, because if he doesn't show any improvement I'd be replacing him with Dearden instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • thenry
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.