Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Q

Queenslander1984

Mar 13, 2021
It’s been pretty well covered off already, but my god it is so good to see genuine effort again.

I was also impressed by Kevvie’s response to the injuries in the presser. Not using it as an excuse at all (even though for me it was clearly the difference). He’s right too. We hold onto the ball better in the second half we may well still have won.

Loved Asiata out the back, he was key to a lot of our better attacking movements.

There was so much improvement through the team, but it’s the effort that meant so much to me as a fan.

Fingers crossed on all the injuries, but I feel like we can build on that level of effort.

Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018
@
Finbar
Finbar how’s that freak injury count going?
Certainly not an ideal start to the season on the injury front but it's a long season so it's not all doom and gloom. Hopefully Coates is alright, that looked bad.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
It appears the NRL are trying to take the spotlight off refereeing decisions. I think you'll find the change in video referee referrals is about ensuring constant replays of contentious decisions are not continuously replayed and scrutinised. They're taking a similar approach to rugby union where when a try is awarded no one argues and its move on.

Also, based on the three games so far i think youll find the NRL have directed broadcasters to NOT discuss contentious decision's and they will assist that process by not showing the vision that the video ref is showing. Generally, the turpin try and the "mead played at the ball" try are played in slow motion time and time again as the commentators criticise the officials.

To date there has been no criticism of these decisions, just discussions of the play. I'm convinced it is a clear directive from the NRL to take the focus off officiating.

porouian

porouian

QCup Player
Mar 10, 2008
so other then the eel players walking off the mark and not playing the ball correctly and how insanely offside they were here is a list of other shit calls that could of easily been called our way that didn't.

1. the try the eels hooker burrowed over for. The ball never touched the ground you can tell by the guilty look on his face he didnt get it down and in past it woulda been sent upstairs as a no try and video ref would of had to find a angle where hit hit the ground which there was none

2. that call against mead that he played at the ball which might be the one 50/50 i can see going either way but it still went against us

3. the no 6 again call off milfs kick this one is just 100% incorrect.

4. that horrible blatant shepherd that sivo ended up making a further 10-15 metre to start one of there sets. for years now as soon as you take advantage of a shepherd whistle is blown its actually one of the most consistent rules the nrl has stuck to which is why u see players just diving on ground once they shepherd, but for some reason it was deemed fine here.

5. and finally the worst of all the turpin no try. I'm sorry I just cannot see how that's not a try or at worse a repeat set for the eels player hitting it out at same time.

oh and dont get me started how how many repeat sets they seemed to have got compared to us.

in the end i'm proud of the boys immensely but the NRL can get fucked with there biased calls against us
I liked the one in the first half where Mead tackled Ferguson close to touch, and Ferguson put his leg down on the line. Isaako then came sliding in and pushed Ferguson further into touch, and we got penalised for a second effort even though he was already out lol. I thought typically it was the touchie's role to notice such things but I guess not.

Speaking of noticing, if only Croft had seen or heard Turpin just a split second earlier... sigh. Sad to have lost but pumped by a vastly improved effort and as others have said, it was (relatively!) fun watching the Broncos again.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Issako's effort to bundle Sivo into touch should also be acknowledged. That was putting the body on the line. Kevvie would do well to replay that to the boys and give him a deserved rap. if we get that commitment every week we'll improve our results.

Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018
@Finbar how’s that freak injury count going?
Is this something you're going to "get me" with every time we have injuries because in the preseason I asked you, "Are you assuming that we're going to have another horror year of injuries?"

This is the fourth time now and it's getting weird that you feel the need to single me out each time when all I did was ask a straightforward question, but then I remembered you're the one who called people being positive about the Broncos "dishonest fuckwits" with agendas.

I find it a bit weird and antisocial mate, would you mind letting it go? I don't need to be tagged in a post every time we have injuries.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Is this something you're going to "get me" with every time we have injuries because in the preseason I asked you, "Are you assuming that we're going to have another horror year of injuries?"

This is the fourth time now and it's getting weird that you feel the need to single me out each time when all I did was ask a straightforward question, but then I remembered you're the one who called people being positive about the Broncos "dishonest fuckwits" with agendas.

I find it a bit weird and antisocial mate, would you mind letting it go? I don't need to be tagged in a post every time we have injuries.
But it’s your fault we have injuries

calsy

calsy

NYC Player
Jul 4, 2020
It's come to this, 'praising effort' when the visitors beat us at Suncorp. How about they actually win before giving them a wrap. There are 16 clubs playing this weekend, 8 will win, Broncos aren't one of them. The way they bend over in the 2nd half is a repeating pattern it seems they cannot fix.

Last edited:
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
After watching the game I thought we did pretty well but fatigue plus a couple of iffy decisions got us in the end. Even with my Carrigan tinted glasses on, can't work out how people can be so critical of him. He made errors, no question, but yet again for whatever reason he was playing under fatigue and it had an effect. Never stopped looking for work and tried his guts out. Not really sure what more he could do.

Turpin was great, but he still isn't an 80 Min player. He looked gassed at times and he won't be able to play every game at the intensity he did last night. He will burn out. Can't really be over critical of any of the guys really. They gave it everything. Could be a bit nit picky with a couple of them but for a first hit out we were decent.

Just a shout out Tom Opacic. That play where he got back to deny Turpin ( even though I thought it was a try ) was a massive play. We really should have pushed for him. Does all the effort plays and 1 percenters. Solid and just does his job. We could do with a couple like that.

Last edited:
john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
It's a concern for Brisbane that Eels were truly horrible and still won easily. Gonna be a very long year.
The concern is how someone could watch that game and think the Eels won easily....FMD
There was 2 fucking points in it with a minute or 2 left, and they only scored the try to make it 8 points because the Broncos tried a Hail Mary play.

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Just a quick thought for Xavier Coates -

Perhaps its time to stop impersonating Jason Nightingale every time you score a try; you have the body control of a baby giraffe that hasn't learned to walk properly yet.

J

jamesqld

NYC Player
Jun 6, 2013
Issako's effort to bundle Sivo into touch should also be acknowledged. That was putting the body on the line. Kevvie would do well to replay that to the boys and give him a deserved rap. if we get that commitment every week we'll improve our results.
This shouldn't go unnoticed. I thought he was going to get pancaked like Tedesco did last year. There was a few other occasions where he put his body on the line in defence, I think one was on Paulo's line break maybe.

I thought he looked stronger with his kick returns and runs aswell. He might have finally realised hes built like tarzan and doesn't have to play like Jane...

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
The concern is how someone could watch that game and think the Eels won easily....FMD
There was 2 fucking points in it with a minute or 2 left, and they only scored the try to make it 8 points because the Broncos tried a Hail Mary play.
They completed at 50% in the first half, and then when they played normal footy put on 24 unanswered points. I'd say they did it pretty easy.

The concern is losing a home game, against a team that plays horribly, and most fans are happy because the team tried hard.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Just a quick thought for Xavier Coates -

Perhaps its time to stop impersonating Jason Nightingale every time you score a try; you have the body control of a baby giraffe that hasn't learned to walk properly yet.
I dare say that will be addressed. It’s ridiculous

Active Now

• Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Mr Fourex
  • Scorchie
  • Jazza
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Richby
  • mystico
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • lakers133334
  • Johnny92
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.