PRE-GAME Round 1 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

I'm fine with giving Reed a crack at left wing, what's the worst that could happen, at least he can jump, catch and defend.. Worst case he plays like shit and eventually gets shafted for Oates or Maranta.

1. Kahu
2. Reed
3. Copley
4. Hodges (c)
5. Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. K.Nikorima
15. Gillett
16. Gavet
17. Garbutt

I'm fine with giving Reed a crack at left wing, what's the worst that could happen, at least he can jump, catch and defend.. Worst case he plays like **** and eventually gets shafted for Oates or Maranta.

1. Kahu
2. Reed
3. Copley
4. Hodges (c)
5. Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. K.Nikorima
15. Gillett
16. Gavet
17. Garbutt

With the exception of Reed, I like that team.

When Boyd comes back that's a team that can (finally) win against the best teams in the comp!

I'd still prefer Maranta or Vidot on the wing instead of Reed

I'd still prefer Maranta or Vidot on the wing instead of Reed

Agreed.

That said, if Reed could get back to his 2011 speed, I'd have him over Maranta. I have heard rumours that he is starting to get some speed back. So we'll see.

I am far more trusting of Bennett than Griffin.

In fairness to Reed, he's got safe hands, is good in the air and has a sneaky little grubber in him. He hasn't been renowned for exceptional speed, but I seem to remember him showing a bit more pace in his debut season. Perhaps he can recapture some of that,as suggested by ore season interviews.

Some more pace would be nice but neither Vidot nor Maranta are exactly greased lightning. Give any of them the ball with the try line beckoning, I'd rate Reed's chances better than the other two.

If you consider his relatively strong defence also, I'm ok with him on the wing. Aside from proficiency under the high ball, you could argue he's got a better all round skill set for the wing than Maranta.

its getting so close...... cant wait for kickoff. the most excited i have been in ages.

its getting so close...... cant wait for kickoff. the most excited i have been in ages.

Indeed. Always look forward to the start of the season, but this one has a great feel about. Lots of speculation on the starting line up with the bonus being we have genuine options both up front and out back to a degree as well. Would personally like to see Uncle Tobys in there somewhere, but he is still young and so has time on his side. If Gillett doesn't get back to his hole running best, then happy for a switch. Win, lose or draw, I like positivity of this year.

Well, it looks like some people were right about Reed being on the wing.

The Courier Mail (Chris Garry) said that the opposed session vs the Jets suggests the following.

Copley has won the left center position.

Reed will be the left winger

Either Maranta or Vidot will be the right winger

One of Dodds, Garbutt or Gavet will miss selection.

The CM has also said that there is a change to the way teams will be announced this season .... All 16 teams will be announced at 5pm on Tuesdays instead of the drip feeding the public got in previous seasons.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...242843998?nk=5459bd1f51599c72ad95d4f3fefa00e9

Copley spent plenty of time on the left wing as well.

Can see Copley and reed switching in attack and defence. Hope not but I can see reed at centre in defence and Copley at centre in attack.

Can see Copley and reed switching in attack and defence. Hope not but I can see reed at centre in defence and Copley at centre in attack.

That would be okay as long as the switch happens after Reed has defused any bombs.

Wingers

Vidot. Positives. Negatives
Strong ball returner. Suspect under high ball
Defence average
Average try scoring ability

Maranta. Very good defending kicks. Defence average
Average try scoring ability

Reed. Good under high ball. Average pace
Can score a try
Good defensively

Reed looks to be our best winger by a country mile

Whitchurch is like a young Beau Scott. Strong ball runner and hits hard in Defence.
Scott had fairly unreliable hands when he was younger which is Whitchurch's major flaw. Fix his hands and he could be anything

Spoke to Aaron before on Facebook, he knows about as much as we do in terms of the side being picked on Tuesday, just said that he wasn't sure what Wayne was thinking of doing, he did mention that he's done little to no training in a "Utility" role, nor much in the back row either.

I'd be expecting Nikorima on the bench.

I think Vidot the most valuable winger for us, but Reed is the next best of the fairly rubbish lot.

Well, technically Boyd is far and away the best winger, but he isn't going to play there.

I don't consider Vidot a winger and hope Oates replaces him very quickly

I don't consider Vidot a winger and hope Oates replaces him very quickly

You don't consider Vidot a winger, yet you want to replace him with Oates? Lolwot

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Broncos Maestro
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.