Round 1 - Bulldogs vrs Broncos; Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely hoffman at wing and kodi 5/8 is a much better option.

Ohhhh **** me stupid.

Parker being named at prop won't change the way he plays at all... Besides I expect he will only play the first 20 odd minutes at prop, until Kennedy and Hannant come on. Then he will likely be moved to lock for the remainder of the game.

I question whether Nikorima is ready for the NRL. Because apart from the nines he hasn't really demanded selection. People only seem to be calling for his selection based on what he did in the nines and that is a completely different style of game compared to the 13 a side game.

Lachlan Maranta still playing first grade. That is all.

Stil stuck with the same issue as last year. One of Gillett, Glenn or Thaiday has to play in.the middle third of the field. Hook has not learnt a thing.

Parker being named at prop won't change the way he plays at all... Besides I expect he will only play the first 20 odd minutes at prop, until Kennedy and Hannant come on. Then he will likely be moved to lock for the remainder of the game.

You might as well just start Thaiday at prop then though. He'll be playing in the middle as a lock too, unless Griffin goes full retard and goes with 3 edge players (or just has someone named in the 2nd row playing in the middle, like Manly do with Watmough)

why even do it for the first 20 mins though? its when we will get monstered by all the big packs, as usual.

who takes the first and second hit ups? if parker is in that rotation then he's not being used to his best ability late in the tackle count with offloads

thaiday gillet and glenn are not metre eaters early in the sets, and one of them is going to play in the middle. its FKN STUPID

Last edited:
Gillett at Lock, is there a bet I can put on before the season starts that he'll lead the league in missed tackles?

Good to see Foordy still apologizing for Hook.

Did Oates **** Griffins wife or something? Where the **** is he?

Gillett at Lock, is there a bet I can put on before the season starts that he'll lead the league in missed tackles?

Just quietly, I think he'd defend better in the middle than on the edges. He has always been fairly strong tackling players running straight at him, it's when they got on his outside he looked like he was dancing on ice.

If for SOME reason we HAVE to start Gillett and Glenn, or the world will end, I probably would've preferred just throwing Glenn in at right centre until Hodgo is back..

1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Glenn
5. Copley
6. Hoffman
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Kennedy
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker (c)

14. Hannant
15. Lowrie
16. Hala
17. J.Wallace

That would fix our prop rotation, move Parker back to where he belongs, bring Kennedy into the starting lineup, push Maranta out of the team.. Profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Stix
  • Justwin
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • whykickamoocow
  • Maddy
  • marw
  • broncotville
  • Foordy
  • Griffo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.