Round 1 - Bulldogs vrs Broncos; Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
So is Macca playing 80 minutes now or is Lowrie the backup hooker?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
if gillett is actually in the middle i think it would be better for him

How? He can't tackle little blokes, how is he going to tackle blokes twice his size?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Hoffman at 6. Well, Griffin is fucked in the head. Even if he does rotate with Barba, he will be doing more than just defense. When that happens, our attack is going to die.

Our chances of beating Bulldogs have just dropped.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Hoffman at 6. Well, Griffin is fucked in the head. Even if he does rotate with Barba, he will be doing more than just defense. When that happens, our attack is going to die.

Our chances of beating Bulldogs have just dropped.

I changed my tip to the Dogs, which hurt, but I really don't see us winning now. I think we're gonna be smashed.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Why do we have Copley at Right Centre anyway? He's gonna be moved straight to the wing when Hodges gets back in 3-4 rounds, wouldn't it make more sense to get him some game time on the wing seeing as he's gonna be there for most of the season?

Would also give us a great excuse to never pick Maranta again.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
That's a great team; if "hoping" and "praying" are your strategies for scoring points and not missing tackles.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
McCullough 80 minutes?

Only positive out of this, that and Vidot debuting.

Last edited:
noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
anyone sent any genuinely worded "wtf" emails to coach/management? im considering writing one.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
My support for the Broncos will last forever. My support for the coach just officially died.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
My support for the Broncos will last forever. My support for the coach just officially died.

Please change your avatar, it's just salt in the wounds. =[

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
I'm not exactly a fan of the lineup but I'm going to withhold any judgment until after Friday night's result, we're also playing a fairly understrength Dogs side so compared to the Warriors trial this should be a close one.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
FTR, I have been reading on here for the last couple of years how so many people wanted Parker moved to prop

Who in god's name wanted the best lock in the game playing at prop?

Last edited:
badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014
Prediction for Round 1 missed tackle % leaders :

Backs - Hoffman
Forwards - Gillett

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
I actually think Maranta over Mills might be the correct decision.

Maranta at least tries to get his body in the way of the defender. Mills just attacks the centre at half pace and leaves his man open.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I'm not exactly a fan of the lineup but I'm going to withhold any judgment until after Friday night's result, we're also playing a fairly understrength Dogs side so compared to the Warriors trial this should be a close one.

Apart from Kasiano, who else are they missing? I haven't heard anything about any others being injured.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
I guarantee the Courier Mail will put the words "Josh Hoffman" and "Darren Lockyer" in the same sentence (referring to his selection and "the big shoes to fill").

How much has Ricky fucked us this year?

Why didn't we bank roll the best QC and legal team in Australia to bury Ricky Stuart and that fucking stupid dog in the manger Furner over Milford?

David Smith's a Savile Row banker - you put him in a room with the most expensive legal team money can buy telling him that Canberra is wrong and the NRL should back the Broncos on this point and he would happily rely on that advice, pass the Blue Label scotch and get on with it.

The legal fees will pale in comparison to the lost revenue this year from gate takings and merchandise alone, let alone the damage to reputation/brand and loss of members in the long term.

The mileage on 20 year reunions of past successes is getting a bit old.

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
Apart from Kasiano, who else are they missing? I haven't heard anything about any others being injured.

Apparently Hasler said this this morning

No Kasiano
No Eastwood
No Inu
No Lafai

Perrett FB
Klemmer & O'Hanlon to be the two forwards replacing Kas & Beast.

Full team later today.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
When you think about it, it's a crying shame when Peter Wallace and/or Corey Norman look more appealing than your current halves partnering.

Hunt goes down at any stage this season and this team is so far beyond fucked in terms of basic structure and attacking options.

Hunt getting targeted all night at 7 rather than for 15 minutes a game up the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Alihaider
  • Canga
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.