Round 1 - Bulldogs vrs Broncos; Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ball running 5/8ths: Laurie Daley? Brad Fittler? Those guys were okay.

But they could pass and kick and weren't paired with a rookie half. Maybe this works and maybe it doesn't but we have every right to question this decision just as others have every right to be positive about the decision.

But they could pass and kick and weren't paired with a rookie half. Maybe this works and maybe it doesn't but we have every right to question this decision just as others have every right to be positive about the decision.

:laugh:, what are you on about?

**** it, one more sleep I'm pumped! I would be even if Shane Perry was lining up in the 6.

Just want the boys to do us proud and never give in for 80 minutes.

Ben Hunt always has a dig for 80 minutes - he's a competitor. Barba will be good; if he can't get up for this he never will. I'll be putting $20 on a Barba to score a try market if there is one.. Hoffy will surprise I think, and Macca will hopefully show everyone that he's primed for a big year too, to really step up and take the reigns.

Kennedy should have a point to prove, and our forward pack has a good litmus test against Graham, Tolman and co.

Just need to make sure the boys don't put a good effort in for 30 minutes, let in their usual lazy/tired 2 tries around the halftime mark and play themselves out of the game.

And Maranta has to get the ball down in those crucial moments. It's called urgency son.

Is Hoffman actually a good ball runner?

Ball running 5/8ths: Laurie Daley? Brad Fittler? Those guys were okay.

God I hope you aren't trying to compare those two with Hoffman, you're going to be bitterly disappointed.

Is Hoffman actually a good ball runner?
Mmm.... I'd say he's alright, but good is a bit of a stretch.

He does seem to break a few tackles but I wouldn't say his movement is particularly elusive, at least comparing it to when he was playing fullback (with more space to move in).

**** it, one more sleep I'm pumped! I would be even if Shane Perry was lining up in the 6.

Just want the boys to do us proud and never give in for 80 minutes

Subsbligh, wow I'm really loving your enthusiasm at the moment, just as I'm sure many other subscribers are too!

Look, I don't WANT to come across as cocky here, BUT i have just got back to my motel room after attending the lads final hitout before tomorrow night. Well ,what can I say but looking at the guys from pretty close up, they most certainly have a steely look of determination about them. I also heard from one of the support guys there that apparently Hook gave some heck of a speech (pep talk) to the lads. Things along the line of "oh you know everybody has wriiten yous guys off" and "even our own supporters think we are sh*t this year" etc.

The support guy who overheard it told me a couple OF the lads has tears welling up in there eyes! Not from sadness, BUT from rage and determination. Wow boys, we are in for one heck of an evening, right?? God damn, footy is back Yeeeeaaaa!! Take care.

Tears welling, emotive speeches ,steely looks.....yeah, that'll get it done !!!

I'll settle for frontrowers ripping in, second rowers backing that up and some structure in the halves. Good solid hard football until we break down the other side then some ball movement. I want basic football first, I want to see the Broncos PROVE they can play fundamental football. Clever shit can come later on in the season. All the best sides,Roosters,Manly,Melbourne etc get the basics right first. That should be our goal.

Mmm.... I'd say he's alright, but good is a bit of a stretch.

He does seem to break a few tackles but I wouldn't say his movement is particularly elusive, at least comparing it to when he was playing fullback (with more space to move in).

Credit where it's due. I can't see how you can deny he is a great ball runner. I don't like him and I think it's diabolical that he has been named at 6, but I don't see the point in denying the obvious

CF, look, I'm not disagreeing with you here, BUT, who knows. Maybe this strategy will work. After speaking a bit further with the support guy down here, I get the feeling Hook has had a good hard look at hisself over the summer break. From what the fella was saying, Hook is going to try to get into the lads head a little more this season and use certain 'reverse psychology' technique to supplement there new fitness regimes brought by Corvo. Lets just wait and reserve judgements until we see how things go over the first few weeks? Am kinda happy at least he has shown he has different and versatile mindsets after the poor 2013.

Hoffman is a great ball returner and runs with the ball well, but I don't know if that's the same thing as being a great ball runner. Like, if Josh Reynolds runs the ball, he can throw a dummy and create doubt. Not sure if defenders are going to fall for a Hoffman dummy the same way they do a player like Reynolds or Sutton.

Good to see you back FIH

Hoffman is a great ball returner and runs with the ball well, but I don't know if that's the same thing as being a great ball runner. Like, if Josh Reynolds runs the ball, he can throw a dummy and create doubt. Not sure if defenders are going to fall for a Hoffman dummy the same way they do a player like Reynolds or Sutton.

I'd consider Hayne, Dugan and Inglis as good ball runners. Better than Hoffman.

I'd consider Hayne, Dugan and Inglis as good ball runners. Better than Hoffman.

Hoffman is as good as any of those players when he's running the ball in good form. His ability to break the line and his speed is on par. Hayne at his best is the best of those by far, but we've only seen his best for 6 games back in 2009. Inglis is easily the strongest of that bunch, but like Hoffman, has limited passing and kicking ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Big Del
  • The Strapper
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Aldo
  • bert_lifts
  • Waynesaurus
  • The True King
  • Stix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.