Round 1 - Bulldogs vrs Broncos; Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
red herring ; Something that draws attention away from the central issue.

???? that is the comment of a weekend warrior, you have no idea what it's like to be out there therefore you can't comment on anyone being heartless.

???? that is the comment of a weekend warrior, you have no idea what it's like to be out there therefore you can't comment on anyone being heartless.

If we're playing by that game, you can't comment on Griffin either, because you don't know what he does behind the scenes.

I don't think Maranta is heartless though, just not a very good winger.

You're just using this 'you don't know what its like' to back up your argument of course i don't know what its like to be him I'm not him and never will, as an onlooker he is heartless.

1. Hoffman
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Oates
6. Barba
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Kennedy
16. Gillette
17. Lowrie/Molo

Thats my team until Hodgo comes back. When he does, put Copley on Vidots wing, and Hodgo back at 4. I dont understand why some of you's are putting Kennedy in the starting lineup over McGuire. Josh has been one of our best players since he's been here. Also do y'all remember that Ben Barba played all his under 20's in the halves ? Started Glenn over Gillette because Glenn is probably the better defender, though Gillette is a better impact player. Undecided as to whether we need a workhorse like Lowrie on the bench, or a big hard hitting, hard running prop in Molo.

Don't think it is low in the slightest. Corey Norman last year was a another prime example of a player being heartless, want to dispute that also?

One thing Maranta isnt is heartless. I will accept all the other comments but not that one

Alright Dex & cam you've both had your say, if you want to continue your little digs at one another, just take it to PM.

On Maranta, the guy just isn't a winger. Been that way, at least from what I've seen, since his NYC days. I still remember being completely blown away by the transformation he basically went under when he started 2011 at fullback. I thought he was one of our best in a fantastic start to that season and was completely confident in his own abilities, where as on the wing he just looked lost the entire time and barely made an impact.

Which isn't to say he should be our fullback, but if he's to be called up, he should only play in that position.

Alright, you guys have convinced me.

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Vidot
6. Maranta
7. Hunt

#YOLO

Since a few of us agree that Maranta is a good fullback. You will love this Cammac:takdir:

Save having too many changes

1. Maranta Who i thought was a better U20s fullback than Hoffman
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Copely
5. Vidot
6. Barba
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. Macca
10. Kennedy
11. McGuire
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Gillett
16. Green
17. Molo

With Kahu to replace Maranta as soon as fit at fullback.

Next year Milford and Barba in the halves with Kahu to remain our fullback

I actually don't mind Splinter, notwithstanding that I don't really know what Maranta is worth as a FB...

Might as well give it a try until Kahu is back, and Kahu was a gun fullback throughout his youth teams!

I guess that skill set of being safe at the back comes from being a fullback.

Heck he's played every position in the back line besides halfback. Even Five-eighth. From all reports his played all those positions to a high standard... EXCEPT WING... and what do we do... WE PLAY HIM ON THE WING. WTF!!!

We all see him in the worst possible light when he plays wing, as he's not a winger. Poor guy, he's career is probably tarnished due to the mistake of playing him on the wing.

I reckon if he was put into first grade for the very first time, as anything but a winger, we'd all be like he goes alright.

He's a pretty handy fullback. I'm pretty sure he played in the first under 20's state of origin.

Australian Schoolboys at fullback as well.

It does seem like he just doesn't belong on the wing at all.

Didn't Maranta play FB at some point last year? Was probably only for a part of a game or the rest of one. Seemed to just be his 'wing-self' there if I remember correctly. Of course not enough to judge him on and I never saw him play NYC or anything but more wondering if there's anything left to salvage before putting him in arguably the most important position on the field and balls-ing it up there too

Didn't Maranta play FB at some point last year? Was probably only for a part of a game or the rest of one. Seemed to just be his 'wing-self' there if I remember correctly. Of course not enough to judge him on and I never saw him play NYC or anything but more wondering if there's anything left to salvage before putting him in arguably the most important position on the field and balls-ing it up there too
He would not be any worse than Hoffman. He is a support player in the middle of the ruck. Don't expect him to offer great playmaking abilities but it is only until Kahu is back which would allow for minimal disruption to the rest of the positions in the team

He played there for a bit in the last game when Hoffman got injured. He looked a lot more comfortable, and even stepped a few players.

Australian Schoolboys at fullback as well.

It does seem like he just doesn't belong on the wing at all.

Thats right he was also an Australian Schoolboy

Maranta is a lot more talented than what we get to see. Besides the fact that he isn't a winger and never looked comfortable playing their, I feel its a confidence issue more than anything. Throughout last year, he never backed his ability to beat his opposition defender, instead chose the conservative and high percentage option to take the tackle.

This was not the case in the Under 20's. He also has quite a bit of speed, something we haven't witnessed in first grade unlike when he was playing in the NYC or even QLD Cup. I'm pretty sure he has a track background as an ex sprint champion as well as being great at shot-put and cricket. He ran 100m in 11 seconds flat when he was just 15 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.