Round 1 - Bulldogs vrs Broncos; Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope that is the starting side @88to2006. sounds much stronger to start with hannant and kennedy in the middle. i don mind if parker fills in a bit of the prop work late in a half when we look to be a bit more mobile. still, ideally i'd have mcguire + another prop in that rotation

Even Hooks not that dumb so Vidots omission from the trials and possibly round 1 would have to be due to something else, attitude or behavior most likely. Remember this is a bloke who has been released early previously from 2 struggling clubs so there is form on the board.

obviously you havent read any other post in this thread for the last 3 or 4 pages.

Who says Hook is not that Dumb - of course he is - has he learnt anything from last year if pushes Parker to prop to accommodate Glenn- Gillett and Sam all starting
my side would be
1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed - yes do not fall over!!!!!!!!!
4. Copley
5. Vidot
6. Kodi N
7. Hunt
8. Mcguire
9. Macca
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Sam
13. Parker

14. Kennedy
15. Lowrie
16. Gillett
17. Hala

Let Macca play 80 minutes - they are supposed to be a lot fitter - arn't they
give the kid a go at 5/8th - he is good and will only get better
give Hunt the opportunity to combine with JUST ONE 5/8TH

AND LET THEM PLAY ATTACKING FOOTY NOT THAT BORING CRAP FROM LAST YEAR

guys important thing to note. maranta who is a horrible winger in attack was training in attack. mills who is horrible in defence trained in defence. drew killed it in the nines so i don't know why he wasn't trialled maybe his defence is poor and thats why he was training in defence. nikorima is poor defensively so he was training in defence. im hoping that maybe hoffman/barba switching is just for the start of the season so that they can wean kodi into first grade.

I'm warming to the idea of Hoffman at 6. While his passing game isn't the best, he's defensively the best option we have. I'm happy to give him 4 rounds until Kahu returns. By then we should be able to move Kahu/Hoffman and Oates to the wings.

But I'm not so keen on Parker at 10 and Thaiday at 13. Why did we buy Kennedy if he's going to be a bench player? And playing Thaiday in the middle makes no sense after seeing him play so well on the edges at rep level. The problem appears to be that Griffin doesn't want any of our back rowers playing off the bench. I'd be much happier seeing either Gillett or Glenn coming off the bench after Thaiday plays a short, sharp opening 20 minutes.

Radio said Hoffman in the 6, mills on the wing.

What nines were you watching? Did he even have a good touch?

"Killed it" might be a slight exaggeration. That said, I thought he looked impressive with what game time he had.

Who says Hook is not that Dumb - of course he is - has he learnt anything from last year if pushes Parker to prop to accommodate Glenn- Gillett and Sam all starting
my side would be
1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed - yes do not fall over!!!!!!!!!
4. Copley
5. Vidot
6. Kodi N
7. Hunt
8. Mcguire
9. Macca
10. Hannant
11. Glenn
12. Sam
13. Parker

14. Kennedy
15. Lowrie
16. Gillett
17. Hala

Let Macca play 80 minutes - they are supposed to be a lot fitter - arn't they
give the kid a go at 5/8th - he is good and will only get better
give Hunt the opportunity to combine with JUST ONE 5/8TH

AND LET THEM PLAY ATTACKING FOOTY NOT THAT BORING CRAP FROM LAST YEAR

Agree entirely mate (with the exception of Kennedy on the bench, I think he has to start; probably in place of Hannant).

We need to adopt the attitude from the early 90's.....stuff defence, we'll just score more points than the other team.

I'm warming to the idea of Hoffman at 6. While his passing game isn't the best, he's defensively the best option we have. I'm happy to give him 4 rounds until Kahu returns. By then we should be able to move Kahu/Hoffman and Oates to the wings.

But I'm not so keen on Parker at 10 and Thaiday at 13. Why did we buy Kennedy if he's going to be a bench player? And playing Thaiday in the middle makes no sense after seeing him play so well on the edges at rep level. The problem appears to be that Griffin doesn't want any of our back rowers playing off the bench. I'd be much happier seeing either Gillett or Glenn coming off the bench after Thaiday plays a short, sharp opening 20 minutes.

Surely the key to playing 6 is that you can pass? He got dumped from fullback because he couldn't pass, so why play him at 6?

Agree with you about Parker playing 10. Only Hook could be stupid enough to think of it. We got bulldozed by bigger packs last year, so instead of getting bigger players (Kennedy) we play more backrowers? Parker is a lock, not a prop.

Hook is incapable of learning from past mistakes.

Time to turf him.

Who ever plays 6 is just warming the seat for Milford. And I also think that whoever starts the season will likely just be warming the seat until Kahu returns in about round 4

We've weakened our outside backs to play Hoffman in the 6. I'd probably prefer Thaiday in the 6. At least he can pass and tackle.

We've weakened our outside backs to play Hoffman in the 6. I'd probably prefer Thaiday in the 6. At least he can pass and tackle.

No we haven't. The team hasn't even been named yet.

Who ever plays 6 is just warming the seat for Milford. And I also think that whoever starts the season will likely just be warming the seat until Kahu returns in about round 4

Doesn't exactly keep me warm and fuzzy at night.

We have a winger playing 5/8th for four rounds and then we have another outside back with not one NRL game in the halves replacing him after that. Then our saviour for next year has started 4 games in the halves and his best position is also fullback.

good chance to beat the dogs they were terrible at the start of last year before kasiano came back (admittedly graham was also suspended)

reynolds is surely underdone.

Last edited:
If Griffin names Vidot over Maranta, I'll give him enough respect to see him through till Round 16 instead of Round 6....That's the best he's getting from me.

If Griffin names Vidot over Maranta, I'll give him enough respect to see him through till Round 16 instead of Round 6....That's the best he's getting from me.

prepare for them both to be named.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Foordy
  • Gympie devil
  • MrRobot
  • Mr Fourex
  • jd87
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • RolledOates
  • mystico
  • Behind enemy lines
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Old Mate
  • Fatboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.