Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Compare the TPJ hit with the Christian Crichton hit on Sivo if you want a glimpse at the corruption of the game.

Crichton came in with a stiff arm and hit Sivo flush in the face, he gets a grade 1 charge w/ a $1150 fine.

TPJ barely makes contact with the head/neck, if at all, and gets his with a grade 2 charge w/ a 4-6 week suspension.

Absolute joke.

I dont get the difference in grading, there were both pretty similar in terms of intent imo. TPJ is going to suffer though because of his past reputation like blokes like Morley and Burgess did. IT was needless from him and he is going to have to cut it out.

The only thing I forgot to mention was missing seeing Alfie running around all night. Poor guy will start to put on weight now that he has nothing to do.

lots of press saying JT13 hit on Macca will be candidate for tackle of the year (half way through round 1 ffs). No mention I have seen from the press about Staggs tackle on JT13 on our try line.

I'd love to see a GIF of that Staggs tackle on JT13 on repeat if anyone can provide :popcorn:
And the following play Fifita runs 70 to score
Reminds me of Turpin dumping Munster last year and getting excited then the storm scored the next play

lots of press saying JT13 hit on Macca will be candidate for tackle of the year (half way through round 1 ffs). No mention I have seen from the press about Staggs tackle on JT13 on our try line.

I'd love to see a GIF of that Staggs tackle on JT13 on repeat if anyone can provide :popcorn:
Probably a fair call as we may only get 8 games for the year.

giphy.gif

The Broncos have to challenge this, contact is clearly made with the ball and it isn't late.
I've seen numerous comments, mainly from NSWRL, that he was concussed blah blah blah

You can clearly see that the "head knock" was O'Neill's head hitting the ground.

His head hit the ground again later on when he was finally taken off for a HIA.

We should definitely challenge it based on that footage alone, as you can see TPJ's arm coming from a low angle and staying at a low angle.. and I believe there is other footage with O'Neill's arm up to protect him from the players coming at him and it makes contact with TPJ's chest... clearly no contact with his head at any time until he hits the ground

Dangerous Flop

The Code: A Player Cannot drop, dive or Fall on a prone player. Application: A player cannot make dangerous, aggressive or unnecessary contact on a player in a prone position on the ground (a simple hand-on can complete the tackle).reference: law book - section 11, law 1 (d), page 23.

Pangai has flopped in leading with his Elbow. I don't think it's worthy of a grade 2 charge, but guilty just the same and with his prior points he'll be spending time on the sideline.
If that's the case then Latrell should be spending 20 weeks on the sideline for his very unnecessary shoulders to players prone on the ground

giphy.gif

The Milford charge for those curious.
So there will be 50 similar charges this week then??

I thought the charge was more about a player passing and being tackled after they have relaxed... Granville ran directly at Milf and passed it immediately before coming in contact.... what the **** is Milf meant to do there?????

So there will be 50 similar charges this week then??

I thought the charge was more about a player passing and being tackled after they have relaxed... Granville ran directly at Milf and passed it immediately before coming in contact.... what the **** is Milf meant to do there?????
Apparently vanish into thin air?
[automerge]1584183449[/automerge]
I've seen numerous comments, mainly from NSWRL, that he was concussed blah blah blah

You can clearly see that the "head knock" was O'Neill's head hitting the ground.

His head hit the ground again later on when he was finally taken off for a HIA.

We should definitely challenge it based on that footage alone, as you can see TPJ's arm coming from a low angle and staying at a low angle.. and I believe there is other footage with O'Neill's arm up to protect him from the players coming at him and it makes contact with TPJ's chest... clearly no contact with his head at any time until he hits the ground

There is no point in challenging at it. If we do TPJ gets 6 weeks. He's playing for the wrong team, he plays for the Broncos not Roosters, Rabbits, Storm, Sea Eagles or Bulldogs. If he was a dogs player he could have skull fucked the player after he was knocked out and would be right to pkay round 2 with a fine at worst.

Last edited:
It’s funny though because I grew up 2 hours from Mackay which is Cowboys territory but obviously growing up the Broncos were the gun QLD team in the early 2000’s and the Cowboys hadn’t done anything of note at that stage so use to be a pretty healthy split of Bronco and Cowboy fans.

Use to be a healthy rivalry because I think most Broncos fans up that way adopted the Cowboys as our second team because they were considered the local NRL team and genuinely wanted another QLD team to do well and vice versa. Cowboy fans were very respectful of us and would jump on the bandwagon come finals time when their team would inevitably not make the finals.

However that is all changed in recent times. A lot of guys I grew up with were Broncos supporters until the Cowboys started having some success and have jumped ship like true success seeking bandwagoners. And now the old Cowboy diehards have pretty much turned rabid against the Broncos no doubt due to repressing all the hurt of watching us obliterate them every season until their first win against us in 2004. Tall poppy syndrome is the main cause of it.

I never use to mind them and genuinely wanted them to do well and win a comp, 2015 changed all that though. Their true colours have come out and that rivalry is a full blown one now. They walk around lime they are better than us because of that one season in 2015

I saw it on the way into the ground last night. The three of us in Broncs jerseys and to be fair there were a lot.

Every ten metres or so, asked if we wanted a Cowboys flag, nah thanks, we’re good. Go the Bronx, usual banter etc, it’s all good.

Until you run into that one or group of them, how’s your trophy cabinet looking champ? 14 years now isn’t it? Ben Hunt still upset?

Okay, ‘champ’... Our premiership trophies aren’t in a cabinet, they’re on display in Red Hill. 6x as many as the Cows have...

For the most part they are fine and a bit of banter about getting one over us is no drama, good luck to them. But then there are the rabid ones that legitimately forget our history and only think of the one time they got theirs and become a dick about it...

Had a few of this type sitting behind us in the crowd, then the game actually started and they got quieter and quieter...

Evidently early days and who knows what the comp will look like considering the pandemic .. BUT really good signs of the team playing to their strengths. Barged down the door mostly off Haas, halves took on the line and quick ball to the backrowers and centres. Seemed less of working to positions and setting up for clunky second-man plays. Goal-line defence still looks a little anxious but hopefully that'll come.

TBH been unable to figure out last season. Horrid at times, yet still finished above eight teams. Based on the small sample of one match, looks as if they've improved. And to be frank, reckon a lot of squads are weaker than 2019.

I think Boyd does deserve a bit of credit for this win he did run someone down and stop a certain try and ran for 100 meters. He isn't much of an attacking threat but with a bit more structure that can be helped.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • kman
  • winslow_wong
  • jd87
  • cento
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • unnerv1ng
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.