Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

We had a halfback in 2015 who enjoyed his greatest season ever so that is one major difference considering we don't have anyone of any merit in the position currently. We certainly don't have anyone that matches the immense value that Parker and Hodgo offered to the side. Add to that Sammy being three years younger, Boyd before his hammy gave way, Milf before his shoulder problems, Oates before his countless injuries. Not to mention, Mitch Dodds, Jack Reed and Adam Blair who all had strong seasons in 2015. We will have to wait till the conclusion of 2018 before we can really make comparisons as Roberts and Bird are massive additions but from where I'm sitting, I don't think this squad is as strong as 2015, it's not even as strong as 2017 IMO.

Our pack at full fitness is bigger and more skillful, we just have to play the right blokes and not be afraid to test our depth.

The other teams are also older and more fragile. Look at the Sharks last night, Fatfita was excellent, but the rest of their vaunted pack looked their age. The Roosters and Cows are reliant on mid 30's halves who they can't afford to lose because their depth is dreadful (the cows have cover, but last year proved it isn't up to top 4 standard). Same deal with the Storm and Smith, but they have their system and get away with anything they want in the ruck so they can generally cover losses easier than other sides.

It seems clear to me that we need a basic, serviceable half to compliment Milf, and let Milf do what he does best

I'm thinking a Shane Perry type

That then leaves KNik on the bench to offer some spark when the opposing forwards are tired

But then again I haven't coached teams to 7 premierships, so .........

Like a little more than Shane Perry, Milf is a world away from Locky but need a backup plan if after 6 rounds no progress.

Who?

Our pack at full fitness is bigger and more skillful, we just have to play the right blokes and not be afraid to test our depth.

The other teams are also older and more fragile. Look at the Sharks last night, Fatfita was excellent, but the rest of their vaunted pack looked their age. The Roosters and Cows are reliant on mid 30's halves who they can't afford to lose because their depth is dreadful (the cows have cover, but last year proved it isn't up to top 4 standard). Same deal with the Storm and Smith, but they have their system and get away with anything they want in the ruck so they can generally cover losses easier than other sides.

Would that be the same Cows that lost their best half and their best front rower and still made the last GF?

This isn't the first time we have been in this position.

2006, 2015.. We were toweled up in Round 1. We looked so far off the pace it was unbelievable. Both of which the result of a hard pre-season, but we recovered.

We'll be fine.

Our pack was way better in 2015. Had Blair, Parker and Wallace. Not to mention Hunt played out of his skin at halfback. Kodi isn't a good halfback.

2015 was a totally different mindset. You had old school winners like Parker and hodges leading the way. The 2015 team had this crazy unity going on with their defence too.

It seems clear to me that we need a basic, serviceable half to compliment Milf, and let Milf do what he does best

I'm thinking a Shane Perry type

That then leaves KNik on the bench to offer some spark when the opposing forwards are tired

But then again I haven't coached teams to 7 premierships, so .........
Preach!

On the bold part, the last was 7 years ago, with a team which had perfect players for Wayne's typical game plan.
2006 was the coming together or a perfect storm (pardon the pun). Webke's final season, Hodgo, Locky, Berrigan, etc... in the form of their lives at the right time of the season, which hadn't been that great before we entered the finals.

Don't get me wrong, Bennett is a great manager and will always make a team competitive. What we dished up on Thursday night is absolutely the antithesis of what WB coached teams normally deliver, and I'm sure we'll be much better than that moving forward, but it feels to me like he's stubbornly hanging to his ideas and refusing to admit fault, adapt and evolve.

This is not to pat myself on the back, because I desperately wish to be wrong, but everything I was afraid of in 2014 is coming true. Unless Wayne steps away from the tactical aspects of coaching, and focuses on managing the men under him, 2015 may prove to be the exception to a really crappy rule...

Jesus just watched roosters and tigers. I thought we were bad. Those two teams were terrible. I don’t feel so bad now. Plus the roosters lost so I’m actually happy at the moment haha

Jesus just watched roosters and tigers. I thought we were bad. Those two teams were terrible. I don’t feel so bad now. Plus the roosters lost so I’m actually happy at the moment haha
That was an upset. Can Dogs get over Melbourne as well? Hehe.

Yeah it’s crazy, it’s almost like the first month of football isn’t any kind of barometer for the rest of the season, how weird...

Fans show their true selves in the opening rounds.

Honestly, I couldn't give a flying **** that we lost game 1. Whatever.

I'll be worried and pissed if we're still playing like ass come round 5+.

I still think Milford is overpaid, and massively overrated, and I've held that opinion for a fair while now. He's an average 5/8 on elite money. Deadset, he's not super quick, doesn't have a great kicking game, not an elite passing game. There's just nothing about his game that screams elite in the last year or so, yet he's scored a massive, massive upgraded long term contract.

I personally like Milford, but damn I hate his attitude.

Boyd is also a shit ****. I was one of his biggest fans, but he's a bit of a coward these days, doesn't go for the hard takes, doesn't fight till the bitter end, he's just someone I absolutely hate as captain.

Hodgo was one of my all time favourite Broncos, not necessarily because he was one of the best ever (even though I think he is) but because his attitude was awesome. Never say die, **** the opposition team, niggle and fight till the last second, inspire everyone around him. That's what I want in a Broncos captain, not a good player who doesn't give 100% and bails out when things get tough. I'd rather McGuire be given the captaincy at this point, he isn't the best player in the world, but his attitude is what every player in our team should run with.

Looking highly likely to finish the round dead last.
The only good thing about that is the worse it is the harder they might try.
I would force them out of their new pampered facilities and back to the old shed and ground until they show some willingness to honor the right to wear the jumper.

IMG 0016

Brilliant.

F***ing saboteur!

Like he has been on a multi year mission to subconsciously pay back the broncs for sacking his daddy figure Griffin.

Btw notice how almost everyone of that cohort looked great, peaked early and now for years ride on those coattails failing to go to next level...

Brilliant.

F***ing saboteur!

Like he has been on a multi year mission to subconsciously pay back the broncs for sacking his daddy figure Griffin.

Btw notice how almost everyone of that cohort looked great, peaked early and now for years ride on those coattails failing to go to next level...

Corey Norman is still going alright. Yow yeh Would still be killing it too.

Brilliant.

F***ing saboteur!

Everyone from that cohort also played really well this weekend. Even blokes like Hoffman and Copley.

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.