Round 1 lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the fact McCullough seems to be adept at covering in the halves as well as hooker...that makes him more valuable on the bench IMO.

Not only that Coxy but a good way to eaise him into first grade, Gorrell is more then capable as a starting/80 minute hooker option and the Broncos did that with Lockyer too. McCollough can play a valuable utility role from the bench that we will need.

Ok, if we brought in McCullough who would you drop?

Besides, do we really need cover in the halves? It's not really a position that should be rotated during a game IMO, because it just disrupts the play. That is one thing I have never understood people saying. Teams don't go into a game expecting injuries, so why should they waste a bench position for that scenario.

I'm not saying that McCullough is a nothing player, and nor am I saying that it should remain that way for the whole season. I just think Gorrell could really make a name for himself if given the chance, and McCullough would probably benefit from some time in the QLD cup.

My side:
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Michael De Vere
4. Israel Folau
5. Gerard Beale
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Aaron Gorrell
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Lagi Setu
12. Ben Te'o
13. Corey Parker

14. Andrew McCullough
15. Ashton Sims
16. Alex Glenn
17. Joel Clinton

Hey everyone I'm back I can't wait for the Big D to open a can on everyone!!!!!!!!!1 arghghgghghg

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Gerard Beale
3. Michael De Vere
4. Israel Folau
5. Antonio Winterstein/Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Aaron Gorrell
10. Joel Clinton
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Ben Te'o
13. Corey Parker

14. Andrew McCullough/Alex Glenn
15. Ashton Sims
16. Dave Taylor
17. Lagi Setu

After seeing the trial match id go with that.

Just my two cents worth, but I don't know why so many people are down on the Broncs signing Devere back up. He is still in really good shape, and he was signed to do two jobs in my opinion;
One was to be a stop gap for injuries and Origin.
Two was to provide an older head to the team. Last year was such a shambles with players getting in trouble off the field that the Broncos would have thought that having an older head around would be a calming influence.
Devere has had heaps to do with the Broncos since he got back to Aus through his work with Carina.

Coxy said:
I like the fact McCullough seems to be adept at covering in the halves as well as hooker...that makes him more valuable on the bench IMO.

He's actually a far better at 6 than he is at 9 Coxy - has played almost all of his junior rep footy at 6 or 7. I am with you on the bench spot - he is a very good backup #9 and can give us added depth in the halves as well if needed. I would go with Gorrell for my starting hooker with Macca on the bench

Righto I'll have another go. This isn't what I'd name but I think they will go for:

1. Hunt
2. Yow Yeh
3. Folau
4. De Vere
5. Winterstein
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Gorrell
10. Kenny
11. Thaiday
12. Parker
13. Te'o
---------------------
14. Setu
15. Taylor
16. Sims
17. McCullough

I have changed my team slightly & I believe this will be the round 1 team picked next tuesday:

01. Hunt
02. Beale
03. Devere
04. Folau
05. Yow Yeh
06. Lockyer
07. Wallace
08. Kenny
09. Gorrell
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Te'o
13. Parker

14. McCullough
15. Sweeney
16. Setu
17. Glenn

Jebadude said:
Righto I'll have another go. This isn't what I'd name but I think they will go for:

1. Hunt
2. Yow Yeh
3. Folau
4. De Vere
5. Winterstein
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Gorrell
10. Kenny
11. Thaiday
12. Parker
13. Te'o
---------------------
14. Setu
15. Taylor
16. Sims
17. McCullough

you must really rate Kenny to use him for BOTH starting props [icon_razz1

Kenny is just that awesome bfoord!! I dare you to say he couldn't do it!

My team for round 1

1) Hunt
2) Yow Yeh
3) DeVere
4) Folau
5) Beale
6) Lockyer (c)
7) Wallace
8) Clinton
9) Gorrell
10) Kenny
11) Thaiday
12) Te'o
13) Parker
14) Taylor
15) Setu
16) Sims
17) McCollough

mrslong said:
Kenny is just that awesome bfoord!! I dare you to say he couldn't do it!

i'm not that brave :P

bfoord said:
Jebadude said:

1. Hunt
2. Yow Yeh
3. Folau
4. De Vere
5. Winterstein
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Gorrell
10. Kenny
11. Thaiday
12. Parker
13. Te'o
---------------------
14. Setu
15. Taylor
16. Sims
17. McCullough

you must really rate Kenny to use him for BOTH starting props [icon_razz1

Why yes, yes I do icon_thumbs_u

Interesting to note the Courier Mail said today that Ashton Sims is very likely to find himself playing for Norths in round 1, with Sweeney expected to be the bolter. I know it's the Courier Mail, but I wouldn't mind seeing that. I think Sims could be a very good player but some time in the lower grade would do him good I reckon. Same thing happened to Parker and Thorn in 2006 and they were outstanding following their stint. (Yes I know that Thorn didn't end up playing Q-Cup in 2006 but he was going to, but for injury, point is he got the wake up call he needed).

1. Hunt
2. Yow Yeh
3. Folau
4. De Vere
5. Beale
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Gorrell
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Setu
13. Te'o
---------------------
14. Parker
15. Taylor
16. Sims
17. McCullough

The only position i ad to think about was lock, but i have gone Te'o instead of Parker. I think he is more dangerous coming in after 20 mins. last year he was in the mix too early and didnt produce.

i dont think they woud play Glenn, as Te'o could play centres if need be.

De Vere needs to be there just for experience inside the new wingers to help them in defence.

1. Hunt
2. Winterstein
3. Folau
4. De Vere/Beale
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Gorrell
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Te'o
13. Parker
---------------------
14. McCullough
15. Glenn
16. Setu
17.Sweeney

nopatience101 said:
1. Hunt
2. Winterstein
3. Folau
4. De Vere/Beale
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Gorrell
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Te'o
13. Parker
---------------------
14. McCullough
15. Glenn
16. Setu
17.Sweeney

i think you are pretty spot on, but i think Devere will be a definite starter in the centers and it will be Winterstein or Beale to take the final wing spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • maddo
  • Fozz
  • theshed
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.