Round 1 Lineup

The clubs that host the trials rely on the income, it's their big earner for the season. If you televise them it affects the gate and revenue.

People should be encouraged to go.
The clubs are missing a trick then. Let season members watch, and offer a digital member membership, where you get membership benefits, and access to stream trials for like $50 a year.

Boosts membership, bit of extra dollars, sponsors get more eyeballs, it's a win.

Good video, I liked what Herbie said about Kevvie simplifying the plays. I've rarely seen a team look as lost as we did these past two seasons when we had good field position. If our forwards can get a good roll on, which we know they can, our backs just need to nail the basics and we'll be scoring tries.

I think it's branching outside of just the diehards due to the increased popularity of supercoach and fantasy football.

I pretty much watch all 8 games each weekend because basically every game has some sort of supercoach related aspect to it.

Supercoach diehards tune in to trial games to find out if players will be in a new position heading into the next season and how they look.

Just at the Broncos people will be wanting to know if Riki is getting that second row spot, who's playing left center or left wing, will Asiata start at lock, how's Milf and Dearden look, who's got inside running for fullback, etc.

And that's just Broncos... people will tune into other teams as well so I think the NRL really is missing the jump not streaming trials properly

They need to make the game a better fan spectacle. Especially the game day at the venue experience. Part of the issue with an 80 minute game is for a lot of people, they spend more time travelling to the stadium than watching a game. I think the game would be well suited to playing 3 30 minute sections.

Wonder what the go will be with ISC??

They haven't played a game in 12 months and I'm guessing they organise trials as well. We may have a few guys flagged to start off down in ISC and they may be able to get a few runs in with their trials as well

@Big Pete may have a better idea though??
They're running their trials co-currently. For instance after the Seagulls play Brisbane they have trials against the Devils, Tigers and Tweed Heads. I'd imagine a couple of those maybe B-Team trials, since the Norths game is set for the day after the Broncos trial.

So I imagine we'll see a lot of the depth players turn out for Wynnum, Norths and Souths the following weekend.

18. Peterson-Robati (of course)

He's with the Warriors.

They're running their trials co-currently. For instance after the Seagulls play Brisbane they have trials against the Devils, Tigers and Tweed Heads. I'd imagine a couple of those maybe B-Team trials, since the Norths game is set for the day after the Broncos trial.

So I imagine we'll see a lot of the depth players turn out for Wynnum, Norths and Souths the following weekend.

He's with the Warriors.
Keenan palasia a chance this year you think?

Keenan palasia a chance this year you think?
Riki and Bullemor appear to be ahead of him as bolters. I think both Kennedy and Te'o will be ahead of him as depth options as well

This is what I expect the squad to be come Round 1.

8. Patrick Carrigan
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Payne Haas
11. Alex Glenn (c)
12. Jordan Riki
13. John Asiata

14. Jake Turpin
15. Matt Lodge
16. Tom Flegler
17. Tevita Pangai Jr

Both Turpin and Pangai Jr may swap over with McCullough and Riki respectively.

That's based on media and fan speculation, so we'll get a better idea come the trials. At this stage, I'd suspect Palasia is on the bottom rung of the depth chart. Kevie doesn't want to make an example out of anyone yet, he just wants to simplify things and build a comradarie between himself and the players.

He doesn't want to teach, he wants to coach.

Riki and Bullemor appear to be ahead of him as bolters. I think both Kennedy and Te'o will be ahead of him as depth options as well

This is what I expect the squad to be come Round 1.

8. Patrick Carrigan
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Payne Haas
11. Alex Glenn (c)
12. Jordan Riki
13. John Asiata

14. Jake Turpin
15. Matt Lodge
16. Tom Flegler
17. Tevita Pangai Jr

Both Turpin and Pangai Jr may swap over with McCullough and Riki respectively.

That's based on media and fan speculation, so we'll get a better idea come the trials. At this stage, I'd suspect Palasia is on the bottom rung of the depth chart. Kevie doesn't want to make an example out of anyone yet, he just wants to simplify things and build a comradarie between himself and the players.

He doesn't want to teach, he wants to coach.
On paper that’s actually a really strong team list. I wonder where you see Oates then? Back on a wing or not in first grade?

On paper that’s actually a really strong team list. I wonder where you see Oates then? Back on a wing or not in first grade?

I was thinking that recently. Oates is at a career crossroads. He has regressed as a winger and is behind a lot of guys for the forward pack. I really don’t know what happens with his career from here.

In the interview posted yesterday Kevvie spoke about Oates being on the edge and then mentioned, because of that he'll also show up in the middle.

Based on that I suspect Oates has been flagged for a permanent move to the back row, and if he was being serious when talking about the middle then he may be the back up 2nd rower on the bench

Photoshoot day, our secondrow?

143215067 417282132843816 1179909282601337847 o

Last edited:
Gut feeling that Isaako is fullback and Macca will be on the bench?

Surely Carrigan's days at Lock are over, he is more suited to Prop, especially when we have Ball playing options there now.

Active Now

• achievedrap
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Foordy
  • Dazza 92
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Fatboy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Kev_Guz
  • Tim K
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Rambstien
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.