10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. TPJ
13. Asiata

14. Turpin
15. Oates
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan

Herbie to move onto the Kennar / Wing when Staggs comes back.

Macca to play the first 25/30 mins at 9 to take the sting out of the opposition with Turps to come on after this for the rest of the game. Macca to then become part of the forward rotation to come on and tackle his ring out in the middle.

Asiata / TPJ could line up in either jumper but this gets them both on at the same time - Glenn starting purely for experience.

Oates to be used as a back row interchange as well as cover for outside backs.

Flegler/Carrigan to be used as part of prop rotation - if Lodge doesn't stick around bring in Riki/Bullemore and have Carrigan/Fleger starting at prop.

I’ve said it before but I think Tyson Gamble has it in him to be a really good centre. Big and creative. Could even be a kicking option

Also, Glenn barely makes our 17 this year. I feel like McCullough is going to be named captain with Carrigan

What's changed in regards to McCullough?

When he left he was well behind Turpin in the depth charts. I don't think Turpin played well last season, but he didn't exactly have much of an opportunity with the injuries and pile of shit around him.

Do we think Walters coming back in and his prior relationship with Macca at the Broncos / Origin just means he's straight back to starting? Honestly, wouldn't stun me.

When he left he was well behind Turpin in the depth charts. I don't think Turpin played well last season, but he didn't exactly have much of an opportunity with the injuries and pile of shit around him.

Do we think Walters coming back in and his prior relationship with Macca at the Broncos / Origin just means he's straight back to starting? Honestly, wouldn't stun me.
I feel like a Macca/Turpin partnership looks better than a Turpin/Paix one, for now. Especially with the emphasis on defence and experience. Also Macca was playing well for the Knights before his injury. I guess he’s just a safe option.

I feel like a Macca/Turpin partnership looks better than a Turpin/Paix one, for now. Especially with the emphasis on defence and experience. Also Macca was playing well for the Knights before his injury. I guess he’s just a safe option.

Yeah I agree. I was fine with letting Macca go, but I'm equally as fine in having him come back in and tackle his ass off for a season until B.Smith comes in 2022. 😎

Yeah I agree. I was fine with letting Macca go, but I'm equally as fine in having him come back in and tackle his ass off for a season until B.Smith comes in 2022. 😎
Smith isn’t as exciting of a prospect for me. He plays hard but he’s not really a creative or smart hooker. He will get worked out eventually and won’t improve. I still think we should target Grant

The only thing I would say is Macca always plays better when his position is under pressure... he's also in a contract year and might want one more deal to go into retirement (hopefully not with us).

I think Turps is still the no.1 hooker at the club, but I dont think Kevvie will go the Seibold route and just tell Macca he's depth only and no chance of getting a game.

We don't really need Capewell at all. I'd rather start Riki and Oates in the backrow. We need a centre.
We are light in the second row. We need a couple of back ups at least otherwise we play a middle there

Smith isn’t as exciting of a prospect for me. He plays hard but he’s not really a creative or smart hooker. He will get worked out eventually and won’t improve. I still think we should target Grant

I mean, yeah, if we're comparing him to Grant he's clearly not as good. But Grant isn't available.

If we're comparing him to McCullough & Turpin he's like 10x better. His aggression in attack and defense will rub off on the other young guys at the club, that alone makes him worth signing.

I also think you're marginally underselling his creativeness and intelligence, he doesn't really get much of an opportunity to show it because he's usually playing as a battering ram, but he's very skillful.

1. Isaako
2. Kennar
3. Copley
4. Farnworth
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Carrigan
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Oates
13. TPJ

14. Asiata
15. Lodge
16. Flegler
17. Riki

We have too many good middles to be carrying a second hooker in my view, if it comes down to it maybe Asiata will do a little shift but Turpin needs to be a 80 min hooker already.

but Turpin needs to be a 80 min hooker already.

he may need to be but he's not.

besides under the 6-again rule (especially as they are expanding it's use), I predict, 80 minute hookers will likely become a lot rarer

For me I was happy for Macca to go but what I wasn’t expecting is for the entire team to not know how to tackle. If our defence is somehow above average this coming season than I’d rather not play Macca, but as it stands he’s one of the few blokes in this team that I have any confidence in their ability to defend, and based on that I’m happy for him to get some game time.

For me I was happy for Macca to go but what I wasn’t expecting is for the entire team to not know how to tackle. If our defence is somehow above average this coming season than I’d rather not play Macca, but as it stands he’s one of the few blokes in this team that I have any confidence in their ability to defend, and based on that I’m happy for him to get some game time.
If he plays, it needs to be at 13.

If he plays, it needs to be at 13.

I agree with you, I like the idea of Macca at 13 or in a bench forward role. Goodness me we need someone in the middle who knows how to tackle effectively and he is by far and away the best at it. He doesn't hit and sting but he does hit and stick.

I agree with you, I like the idea of Macca at 13 or in a bench forward role. Goodness me we need someone in the middle who knows how to tackle effectively and he is by far and away the best at it. He doesn't hit and sting but he does hit and stick.
Maybe off the bench but the idea of Macca at 13 doesn’t really excite me. He would offer literally nothing in attack.

I’d like to see Oates at Centre , our other options a lack a bit of size to get there head through the line . Think he would make opposition wingers nervous and have them come in . Work on his offload and defence he could be a good centre, plus he’s not taking the high balls which he’s a bit hit and miss

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • sooticus
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • mrslong
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Browny
  • LittleDavey
  • Jazza
  • Painin the Haas
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • Nerd
  • simplythebest
  • Manofoneway
  • Behold
... and 33 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.