vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with all this but found the last part about him unable to fend cover defence ironic

0:54 for those playing at home. The time Oates ran 100m downfield, changed the carry arm, fended someone and ended up running the last 20metres with him.

0:54 for those playing at home. The time Oates ran 100m downfield, changed the carry arm, fended someone and ended up running the last 20metres with him.
Yeah.. couldn't find a video with just that try..

Feeling a bit more confident without Holmes in the Sharks team, I was expecting him to make big meters from fullback and they will miss that. I'm still a bit concerned up front as I felt our forwards were underwhelming in the UK and Fifita, Gallen, Prior (depending which Prior turns up) and Graham could make good work out of it. We also entering life without Parker which will be something we will miss.
Which Prior ? I really don't understand that as Prior is/was a rock for the Sharks last year and on several occasions an absolute standout. One game in particular last year he was without Gallen and Fifita and tremendous. Did he have a quiet game in England or something? I keep saying anyone thinking this will be easy is nuts ! I took the Sharks in the tipping but want to be wrong.

Broncos by 8 but, not confident. Be leaving this game out of league multi this weekend.

Broncos 12+ I'm actually really confident and excited.

I'm not as confident on us winning. I reckon it'll take a few games for us to warm up. I think teams backing up from a premiership win come out hungry, determined to show that it wasn't a fluke and they can do it again, it's only in the mid-to-late season that the complacency sets in and the wheels start to fall off.

I'm not as confident on us winning. I reckon it'll take a few games for us to warm up. I think teams backing up from a premiership win come out hungry, determined to show that it wasn't a fluke and they can do it again, it's only in the mid-to-late season that the complacency sets in and the wheels start to fall off.
Yeah that's very true. Though I think every team starts off hungry... I mean, it's been how long since their last club game.? Everyone wants to start off strong and hard.

I still think we can win it if we don't allow any quick or early tries to buildup early. If we stay hit for hit on the opening 10-15, we'll go on to win. If we let in early tries and a couple of them, we won't recover.

I feel like defence is key for us this year. Looking back at 2015 we had one of the best defensive record in the league, this lacked in 2016. I can already see how Wayne is trying to fix this, by more minutes for Macca, bringing in Sims(as seen in trials, he can put on some big hits) and opting for Moga over Kahu at left centre.

Nervous but excited.
Please defend well Moga.

Bennett seemed chirpy in a quick interview laughing at losing half the playing group. Said he must have misplaced them. Good to see.

Come on Thursday night footy..Wahooo!

I feel like defence is key for us this year. Looking back at 2015 we had one of the best defensive record in the league, this lacked in 2016. I can already see how Wayne is trying to fix this, by more minutes for Macca, bringing in Sims(as seen in trials, he can put on some big hits) and opting for Moga over Kahu at left centre.

I think it is going to be all about our attack! Obviously we will have our defensive structures, but i get the feeling we will focus on putting points on the board .

this is gonna be a really dour game...

I am just glad that the off-season is officially over tomorrow and we can concentrate on talking about our team and their performances.
I am hoping we carve up and Moga with Oates steam roll those mofos!

If Milford and Boyd send Oates and Moga at Edrick Lee all game we'll score 30+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Footy Fanatic
  • kman
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Gaz
  • Shane Tronc
  • Alec
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Browny
  • RolledOates
  • LittleDavey
  • bert_lifts
  • Jedhead
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.