vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
In origin your expected to give that extra effort so yes I will judge.

Just on a side tangent, Adam Blair had a game early on in 2015 where he had 1 hit up for 8 metres in 41 minutes played, the lowest hit-up total for a starting prop since 2002, now look at him. One game where he doesn't get involved shouldn't dictate everyone's perception of him. I agree that it was shocking, but plenty of players have had shocking games when it's their turn to step up. Hopefully he at least gets an opportunity to stake his claim this season, I'd hate to think we've scrap piled him.
Was Blair immune to criticism like Joe seems to be? Should we have just forgotten about his crap games?

I understand this but they need first grade experience too , and they will fail sometimes. Am pretty sure we got smashed that night and not many played with any ticker . But it was 1 game, how many games has he done that in ?

I'm not talking about his other games, nor am I judging the player's potential based on it.

Was Blair immune to criticism like Joe seems to be? Should we have just forgotten about his crap games?

This is a fair point TBH. I'm not bashing Joe O as I like him, but Blair copped relentless bashing on here. Some of it was quite disgusting and shameful really.

I really don't care who starts at prop whether it's Sims, Ofahengaue, Ese'ese, Fai, Pangai Jr or Arrow - just as long as McGuire gets to start at lock.

With the retirement of Parker, the Broncos need to change tact and employ some more size up front so they can physically hold their own in the middle and give the likes of Boyd, Milford, Hunt and Roberts momentum to weave their magic.

At this stage, there's plus and minus' against all players and it all just comes down to comparing the flavours of different coloured Mnms. We all know they taste the same, but for whatever reason we have our preferences.

We'll have our answer at the WCC.

Yeah.. I can't wait to see what Wayne is going to do with our forwards. All this talk is nice but I am just stinging to see whats going to happen.

How is Joe immune to criticism lol, he copped his fair share last season.

What does doing this gain? I don't understand the purpose.

It helps me with my fantasy team, which is more than enough haha

Get 'er done!!!

The intention is for less phantom announcements.

So when a key player happens to line up on game-day, the public will be aware a few days ahead of time that he's in consideration.

It will be interesting if a team has more than 4 possible outs. Will they be penalised? Or will the NRL not enforce it?

Lets keep it real. You can't compare an Origin with NRL.
Really ? I don't know which Origin matches you've seen but I've seen nrl matches, semis and gfs that have had greater intensity and been vastly better spectacles than SOME origin matches. SOME origin matches have been very poor just like some nrl games have been but the two products can be compared.

In fact, quite often I'd consider it comparing apples with apples. Yes, Origin features the best players but no, it doesn't always feature the best combinations and carefully rehearsed plays.

Mainly for tipping / gambling purposes lol, it's a massive pain in the ass when a team names certain players and then when it comes to the game they've got 4-5 different players in there. That rule change will make it far more transparent.

Flanagan has confirmed that Holmes & Feki will be fit for Round 1.

Damn.

Flanagan has confirmed that Holmes & Feki will be fit for Round 1.

Damn.

I'm pretty happy with that actually. Sharks will have a completely revamped offense this year with Ennis and Barba both gone and now val will be coming in likely very underdone only having half a trial game as warm up and minimal running due to it being a hamstring injury.

The alternative may have been Beale at fullback who to me is more suited to replacing Barba in terms of play style and has shown to be very capable at fullback.

Feki is just bog average no idea why they let gagan go and kept him. He looked a rampaging center in 20's and they've tried to convert him into a winger

I'm pretty happy with that actually. Sharks will have a completely revamped offense this year with Ennis and Barba both gone and now val will be coming in likely very underdone only having half a trial game as warm up and minimal running due to it being a hamstring injury.

The alternative may have been Beale at fullback who to me is more suited to replacing Barba in terms of play style and has shown to be very capable at fullback.

Feki is just bog average no idea why they let gagan go and kept him. He looked a rampaging center in 20's and they've tried to convert him into a winger
Beale is makeshift at best, he is the kind of player who would be solid for about 4-6 games at Fullback and then his deficiencies would become more transparent and he'd go back to being below average. Similar to Hoffman when he was moved to fullback for different periods with us. I'm keen to see how Holmes goes though!

Beale is makeshift at best, he is the kind of player who would be solid for about 4-6 games at Fullback and then his deficiencies would become more transparent and he'd go back to being below average. Similar to Hoffman when he was moved to fullback for different periods with us. I'm keen to see how Holmes goes though!

True.....but at Fullback he would likely kick their captain in the head.....who wouldn't like to see that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Brocko
  • davidp
  • Lozza
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • kiwibronco
  • Nerd
  • Bucking Beads
  • The Don
  • levikaden
  • BroncosAlways
  • lynx000
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • Rowdy124
  • marw
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.