Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Time for a young half back to get a shot while it’s early days of the season. Let them build their way into the team. It’s too late to throw them in when the season is on the line. That way nikorima can be bench player to give Macca a spell. Or just sack Macca completely and bring Turpin in.

Lots of new names in the side, but the same names mentioned post game will still be McCullouch/Nikorima & Boyd.

I'm not saying Milford was good tonight, he was barely noticeable however the broncos hierarchy have hitched their star to their wagon so we are with Milford for the foreseeable future, we have replacements for the aforementioned 3 and i for one am sick to fking death of watching them fail week in week out.

Last edited:
Yep, he ran hard backwards to run into Kenny b to get tackled for no reason. Ran hard to give a turn over for a run away try at a crucial. Ran hard from the shire for his 800 k welfare check. Only worse contract is D. boyds. Slow plodder twins.

Hats off to Bellamy. Killed us again.
Wow he was great in defence would u rather Kahu there

Meh, first game against the ultimate cheats away from home and we did alright. Intelligent folks amongst us will remember the last time we were well beaten in the opening round with a new coach at the helm. I saw signs of positivity so if I wasn't a fucking idiot I'd wait until at least a few rounds in before starting the usual tripe.

Cheers to the footy being back after an abysmal off-season!

Hello lads.

I'll make a bold prediction re: Bird. He won't last the season at left centre.

It's like when we tried to make Hodges/Tate or Hodges/Folau as a centre pair work. He has a good right foot step and left arm fend. Those are tools that aren't much use in a typical back line movement as a left centre.

Yeah, I kinda agree. At least I hope so. He keeps running back inside to try to use those things, but it just doesn't work out in the middle of the field.

McCullough got slower, Nikorima's kicking game got worse *mod edit* not much more to say, I don't think any of those 3 players will be in the team beyond this season unless there is some Jesus Christ level resurrections to their careers over the next 6 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
McCullough got slower, Nikorima's kicking game got worse *edit*, not much more to say, I don't think any of those 3 players will be in the team beyond this season unless there is some Jesus Christ level resurrections to their careers over the next 6 months.

Footy Gods willing. They all have to go. McC's 50 tackles aren't worth much when we can't score points cause of his dogshit dummy half work, OR when Boyd is letting in soft tries because he either makes dumb decisions or is too scared to tackle.

McCullough got slower, Nikorima's kicking game got worse *edit*, not much more to say, I don't think any of those 3 players will be in the team beyond this season unless there is some Jesus Christ level resurrections to their careers over the next 6 months.
Amen brother. Christ is love! Christ is Lord!!]

Lots of new names in the side, but the same names mentioned post game will still be McCullouch/Nikorima & Boyd.

I'm not saying Milford was good tonight, he was barely noticeable however the broncos hierarchy have hitched their star to their wagon so we are with Milford for the foreseeable future, we have replacements for the aforementioned 3 and i for one am sick to fking death of watching them fail week in week out.

What’s the point of trials when guys who do well never get a crack? Didn’t both Boyd and Macca have shitty trials?

Oates and Lodge were enormous and Gillett and Bird were very strong coming back from injury.

Our halves still need a lot of work.

When we’ve done a mountain of defence and barely had the ball, kicking on the third tackle didn’t work last year and neither did it tonight.

But special mention to our fullback and captain.

New year, same piss-poor effort in attack and worse in defence.

Stepped by Bromwich for his try and didn’t even try to put any pressure on another of their try scorers when he was close enough to do so. Even gave up on Kaufusi when he bombed his try.

Did defuse one really tricky grubber though, but otherwise very poor.

Not what you want from your captain. Although I’m sure the same old people will defend his performance and tell me how I’m wrong.

Last edited:
id go
1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Bird (Staggs if roberts is out)
4. Roberts (Bird if hes out for long)
5. Boyd/Richie Kenner
6. Milford
7. O'Sullivan
8. TPJ
9. Macca
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Glenn
13. Gillett
14. Nikorima
15. Offa
16. Sua
17. Flegler (Haas when back)

We must remember that we had **** all ball in the storms 20
Gillett was great in his return game and although bird made that mistake early he was pretty solid too.
Only problem I have is that we lacked a bit of forward power tonight up the middle

Did I say I wanted kahu there champ?

He isn't a left centre. He makes horrible turn overs trying to pass on the left side and steps the wrong way all the time. Did it last season and did it all night long. But those 2 times he showed up in defence tho makes up for putting us under the pump right?

Oh and somebody needs to get the Corey hotline going so I can ring him every night for him to say goodnight to me

Did I say I wanted kahu there champ?

He isn't a left centre. He makes horrible turn overs trying to pass on the left side and steps the wrong way all the time. Did it last season and did it all night long. But those 2 times he showed up in defence tho makes up for putting us under the pump right?

Our backrow makeup, going off that performance, needs to change. 11. Gillett, 12. Fifita, 13. TPJ would be so much more threatening than what we experienced tonight. Gillett is a fantastic edge player, but he had no impact running through the middle and we could have gotten the same exact return from Fensom or better from Carrigan if TPJ (who played over 50 mins) wasn't fit.

Glenn was MIA, and Su'a was shocking and looked undercooked. Forget Niko's kicking game, he's too much of a liability in D.

EDIT: apart from that we did well all things considered. This team will grow nicely throughout the season.

Last edited:
There was some good in that for us but a lot of shit still. We will improve but I've got the feeling Seibold is going to have to make some difficult decisions in the next couple of months.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Galah
  • Mighty Bronx
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosgirl
  • cento
  • MrRobot
  • Fatboy
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.