Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

But he went back to the bombs away mentality. Sure he can remember how to kick to the corners and not on the 3rd tackle..

Did Milf kick on the 3rd? I remember McCullough doing that a couple of times (and also a mementum killing kick when we finally got on the attack late in the game), I don't really remember Milf doing that though.

Last edited:
It's a very self explanatory question. You made a joke about transitioning, how is that funny? People who are born in a foreign body is not a laughing matter. Apologies if I'm remembering incorrectly but I recall you mentioning that you needed to move residence because of government infrastructure, you also mentioned that you receive a disability allowance. Is that for you or someone you're in a relationship with?

take it to pm, noone cares, this is post game chat about the game.

I wrote a few weeks back about our age and experience in the middle and our experience from the bench - which is a massive concern. I thought tonight we missed McGuire severely. He never got many wraps for the shitty clean up work he did and tireless efforts both attack and defense but I think it was evident tonight with him missing especially with his quick feet and play the balls.. Gillett tried his arse off but I am not convinced at all with him in the middle. The hype around the young blokes is all good and well but the second and 3rd effort stuff is where the young lads get caught and consistency over 26 weeks will really test the young brigade. We will need to balance some experience and old bulls in the squad sooner rather than later.
Gillett's attack is muted in the middle but our attack was lukewarm garbage tonight anyway, so it's probably too small a sample size. I'm concerned that if we take him out of the middle nobody will tackle low and we'll continue to have 3 man tackles where they all try to grab a piece of torso while the opposing prop keeps trundling upfield. A couple more games like this though and I'd be happy to run 12. Gillett 13. Fensom 18. Su'a with Fensom given the explicit instruction to go low until he's completely buggered.

Gillett's attack is muted in the middle but our attack was lukewarm garbage tonight anyway, so it's probably too small a sample size. I'm concerned that if we take him out of the middle nobody will tackle low and we'll continue to have 3 man tackles where they all try to grab a piece of torso while the opposing prop keeps trundling upfield. A couple more games like this though and I'd be happy to run 12. Gillett 13. Fensom 18. Su'a with Fensom given the explicit instruction to go low until he's completely buggered.

McCullough is usually the low tackler. I think Gillett is desperately needed on the right, trying to plug the defensive hole (which has been troubling us a lot of last year too).

Yeah I actually thought seibold may have gone with fensom off the bench for that experience piece. Maybe next week he will get the call.
Either way I think su'a needs a few weeks in cup to get his match fitness up.

Did Milf kick on the 3rd? I remember McCullough doing that a couple of times (and also a mementum killing kick when we finally got on the attack late in the game), I don't really remember Milf doing that though.
Boyd did it.

Massive improvement over their last game (against St George, in case you've forgotten that result), but still pretty shithouse. At least the Courier Mail's Seibold hype bubble has finally burst, and we shouldn't have to read any more of that hagiographic cocksucking.

Oates fantastic, as usual. Lodge, as well. Can one of them be captain, already?

Moving on, if Seibold really does have anything other than hot air in his scrotum, he needs to punt Macca immediately, and plug the hole at fullback. I'd like to see Turpin at hooker. He coils turd from great heights on Macca in attack. And, maybe if we had the ball more and did something productive with it, we wouldn't have to do so much defence.

We all know Milford's a fantastic player but he doesn't seem to be a fantastic five eighth, and he's never clicked with Niko, who looked twenty times better with O'Sullivan. Maybe it's time to pull the pin and switch Milford back to fullback, and blood one of the many fledgling halves, who all look terrific out of the gate in that position.

What do we have to lose?

As for what to do with Boyd, good question. I'd like to see him open a fish and chip shop.
One of the first things he did as coach was personally reassure McCullough that the 9 was his and publicly rubbish the Cook rumours. Turpin didn't make the top 29. I just don't see it happening this year.

He did it a couple times. I’m pretty sure the first chance we had in their 20, milf kicked on the 3rd. It’s pre planed though because one other time he looked to his outside men on the 3rd and then kicked it. I don’t get it

Massive improvement over their last game (against St George, in case you've forgotten that result), but still pretty shithouse. At least the Courier Mail's Seibold hype bubble has finally burst, and we shouldn't have to read any more of that hagiographic cocksucking.

Oates fantastic, as usual. Lodge, as well. Can one of them be captain, already?

Moving on, if Seibold really does have anything other than hot air in his scrotum, he needs to punt Macca immediately, and plug the hole at fullback. I'd like to see Turpin at hooker. He coils turd from great heights on Macca in attack. And, maybe if we had the ball more and did something productive with it, we wouldn't have to do so much defence.

We all know Milford's a fantastic player but he doesn't seem to be a fantastic five eighth, and he's never clicked with Niko, who looked twenty times better with O'Sullivan. Maybe it's time to pull the pin and switch Milford back to fullback, and blood one of the many fledgling halves, who all look terrific out of the gate in that position.

What do we have to lose?

As for what to do with Boyd, good question. I'd like to see him open a fish and chip shop.

funny post, but are you suggesting a SOS & Nikorima halves combo?

These posts are annoying, they are apologetic for weaak players in core positions.

Macca has always been nothing more than a tackle bot.

KNik is not a #7

Boyd's time in the side is over. He is taking the piss wearing the #1 and holding the captaincy of the Broncos.

What's annoying are people getting the knives out after ONE game.

Regardless of how they have played in the past, you have to give players a chance to gel. Different coach, different tactics, they may shine under a new coach or they may dish up the same crap. Struggling players thriving under a new coach happens quite often.

This is the first game our spine has played together in months.

McCullough is usually the low tackler. I think Gillett is desperately needed on the right, trying to plug the defensive hole (which has been troubling us a lot of last year too).
McCullough very rarely tackles low.
edit: Except in one-on-one tackles.

Last edited:
I just wished when we got a penalty and kick for touch we actually try and get some distance. Some of them we got only 10 metres out of it. What's the fckn point!

Need a quicker 9 or he needs better distribution from dummy half. Put kodi instead or get macca to watch cam smith vids all day.
Gillett back to edge tpj lock he makes more post contact metres. Happy with our defence with the amount of work we did we were gassed. I thought kodi looked more threatening. No good kicking game though and milf still cant throw a long ball

Unfortunately, it felt like every other broncos v storm game. I didn't notice any changes from the Bennett seasons but I'm still optimistic that the changes will come.

The forward got dominated tonight but they'll get better as time goes, being that it's a young pack. My biggest concern is the spine. Macca isn't going to get any better under the new coach, same goes for boyd. isaako and kodi should take their spots in the near future.

Yeah I actually thought seibold may have gone with fensom off the bench for that experience piece. Maybe next week he will get the call.
Either way I think su'a needs a few weeks in cup to get his match fitness up.

Let’s just hope seibold was given some old boys one last chance and a bit of respect. People would want his head if he cleaned them all out at the end of last year

I thought we were incredibly ordinary apart from Lodge and Goatesy. People getting carried away with some of our young blokes thinking they can handle a full season should look at this game. Staggs and Fifita looked pretty poor in defence, Sua looks well underdone. Disappointing Flegler didnt get more time.

Still dont like Gillett at lock tbh, and i think Offa really needs to lift, as does bird. Lots of work still to do.

What's annoying are people getting the knives out after ONE game.

Regardless of how they have played in the past, you have to give players a chance to gel. Different coach, different tactics, they may shine under a new coach or they may dish up the same crap. Struggling players thriving under a new coach happens quite often.

I get the rhetoric, calm down it's only round 1.

the problematic players have not changed since the previous years when the exact same rhetoric has been trotted out.

1. For those raping the choice of bombs, it was one of the little ways they could diffuse the wingers with the lack of field position we had. Time in air, means free running meters for our defense.
  2. Boyd had some hearty moments, however IMO too slow for the team and the teams potential. His defensive choices and positional play has been an issue for a long time, something that could stem from trying to be gentle on his body.
  3. Our forwards went well. The game was fast - that was semi final pace. With lack of a true captain in the line and lacking direction in attack it was a good result.
  4. Melbourne were exceptionally disciplined for a round 1 team. They were quality tonight and the result of only 10 points is fantastic.
  5. Gillett was missed on our edges
  6. Kodi is a weakness on our edges
  7. We desperately need a controlling, steering half. I see this being Niko to the bench.
  8. Macca's service needs to speed up. The time from ruck to half is too short, to stand with more depth is not such an option as it will stifle opportunistic attack from Milf.
  9. Our defense strength and grit is back. That game was significantly faster than any last year and they stuck it out well.
  10. We will be a top 4 team. No points but a great result.

Hello gents, new to commenting here but have followed the forum for a long time now.

You have to be happy that our young heads didn't drop tonight, especially with a spine that doesn't seem to talk much.

Cam Smith's ability to read numbers on the short side and look for the long pass to create space for their forwards on the open was the difference. You cannot fault Macca's effort; however, I'm not sure if I've ever witnessed him get our forwards on a roll on against a quality team. Our halves kicked poorly but were under immense pressure all night.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Spooky1013
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Lurker
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Redux
  • FACTHUNT
  • Allo
  • Lazza
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • broncsgoat
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.