Round 10 - Broncos vs Sea Eagles - Post Match Discussion

Thought Griffin made a few poor decisions with interchanges. Capewell, and the lack of Petero and Anderson when it was obvious we were fatiguing.

No, it's a fact. Goal attempts are totally isolated events. It's not like a dropped bomb or something, where if it were caught the ensuing sequence of events would be different due to who has possession and field position. Regardless of what happens after a conversion attempt, the other team would have kicked the ball off. And if those kicks were made, we'd have an extra 4pts at least, and based on where they were taken from, 6 is the expected return. Which would have won us the game.

As Ethos said earlier, the whole dynamics of the game changes though depending on the score.

HAHAHAHAAHA. AHAHAHAHAHHHAAAA HAHAAAHHHAAHH ARGHHAHAHAAHHAA!!!!!
Gee I'd hate to lose like that
HAHAHA HAHAAHHAAA
Go Wolfman! Go Wolfman! TRY TIME!! Fulltime siren, we wwwiiiinnnnnn!!!
Lost every stat except the one that matters most,
Thanks Corey, you're a bloody champion!!

HAHAHA HAHAAHHAAA
I remember my first beer.

HAHAHA HAHAAHHAAA

Our team can hold their heads up with pride, we were beaten by the premiers.

We haven't been beaten by the team that 'won' the wooden spoon last year.

As whats already been said re:Corey Parker....the only aspect that let him down was his kicking,other than that he was one of the best for the Broncos last night.Also agree that Gillett letting Matai slip past him tells one he shouldnt have been the center.I probably would've had Beale in there instead,at least hes more of a center than Gillet even though he screwed up last week but thats when he was playing wing.

Anyway,I thought the kicks on the final tackle in that last 5mins should've been kicked over the dead ball line as we found it hard to get out of our own half so the whole Manly team would've had to run back to the 20m for the tap restart and our defence line would've been set by then.Instead,we let their back 3 run the ball back with the defence line all over the show and their big forward pack didnt have to retreat all that far,just wait for the play to come to them.

The thing I liked best out of that whole debarcle was Griffin in the post match press conference.

Said we didn't play well and weren't good enough to get the win.

So refreshing to hear a coach say that rather than look for someone or something to blame. The rain, the ref, the 6 day turn around whatever.

---
Hubby went to the game and I told him a thousand times "don't tell me the score i'm on a half an hour delay on TV, don't wreck it for me). Anyway, half an hour to go he couldn't help himself and sent me a MOURNING text. Didn't say the score, but I immediately knew we'd lost..........and I was P!ssed off to say the least. Until with 2 minutes to go I thought "so when do we lose this thing" and "ah....oh...ok". Thank goodness I had the heads up otherwise I'd be so devestated.

I really wished Corey Norman had kicked it dead, as soon as he didn't I knew it was a mistake (the text).

And anyone not willing to blame Corey Parker, give yourselves an uppercut. He cost us the win. 2 goals straight in front. AND like someone else has pointed out, he's been out of form for weeks so it's not like he didn't know he needed to work on his goal kicking. Look at JT, last week he was TERRIBLE with the boot, he obviously went away and worked on it and this week he got 6/6 and a few of those were gnarly sideliners.

Josh mcguire was AMAZING.

The thing I liked best out of that whole debarcle was Griffin in the post match press conference.

Said we didn't play well and weren't good enough to get the win.

So refreshing to hear a coach say that rather than look for someone or something to blame. The rain, the ref, the 6 day turn around whatever.

I want coaches to name & shame the player/s who lost us the game.

Griffin could say something like this.

Our defence wasn't up to scratch, but that wasn't the reason we lost.

It was because of the :ranting: dismissal kicking for goals that Corey Parker missed, that cost us the game.

It was because of the :ranting: dismissal kicking for goals that Corey Parker missed, that cost us the game.

why would you want the coach to be that unprofessional.

everyone that watched the game can see he missed the goals.

goalkicking may of cost us the game sure but pointing fingers helps no one.

how do any of you know parker hasnt been working on his kicking?

I have a mate that thinks that Corey should work on his kicking.

If I was a player and got pointed out by a coach as the reason we lost I would find another club.

Parker already knows that, don't need a coach to rub it in in a press conference publicly.

I hope Geoff Toovey gets fined by the NRL for attempted vandalism. Inappropriate for coaches to be trying to break the glass In the coach's box.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Lozza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • cento
  • PETERN
  • lynx000
  • mystico
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.