Round 10 - Broncos vs Titans - Post Match Discussion

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
Round 10 - Broncos vs Titans Post-game discussion

Shocking first half, good second half

Hoffman needs to be on wing his a hand full. Just not at 5/8. Rest of the team played well.

Brisbane Broncos 22 (Copley 2, Gillett, Reed tries; Hunt 0/1 Parker 3/4 goals) defeated the Gold Coast Titans 8

Re: Round 10 - Broncos vs Titans Post-game discussion

Godges was the best. McGuire the best of the forwards by far.

Vidot and Copley were great in the backs, Vidot really made up for his bad read in defence early on.

well that was just completely uninspiring.

did anyone notice the crowd go wild when hoffman threw it out wide late in the game? im deadset certain that the crowd went up when he actually spread it.

there are good things about the team but still a lack of organisation and hoffman at 6 really troubles us and offers no second option to hunt in the halves. hunt falters too much on the 5th and still gets himself too close to the defense.

very frustrating to watch for the most part against a team that was decimated by injury.

Last edited:

I agree with it being a shocking first half, don't believe it was a good second half tho. We were lacklustre at best. the fact it took us nearly 60 or so minutes to shut them out is a joke.

Ahahaha was anyone impressed with Glenn? Coz I was he did real good. Good defence and a handful in offense.

Glenn was great tonight.

3 - Glenn
2 - Hodges
1 - Hunt (For the effort)

My heart stopped when reed was about to ground that ball. Ahaha!

barba is trying really hard. he needs a tighter jersey or something. the amount of times a defender has grabbed the back of his jersey and managed to hold on this year is crazy.

i dont think him bulking up is working for him. he's still not going to be big enough to bust tackles and his speed/elusiveness is comprised because of it. slim him back down immediately.

Last edited:

Where did Oates go the whole game?

Gillett in front of hunt and hodges on my books. He was a machine tonight. I also think Wallace did okay, but Hala needs to piss off and bring a young prop in or Granville.

a win probably makes griffinballbags breath a bit easier but there are still so many flaws in the game plan that will never change until he is sacked. gus gould who is twice the coach griff is pointed it out perfectly. plenty of times the broncos should be setting up for a backline play but instead they just hit it up one out.

hodges is just so frustrated with the attack, he's steaming from the ears at times. i bet he can't wait to play origin where he'll be getting diamond platinum service from JT and Cronk.

Granville could of been perfect to take advantage of their tired 15 man pack. In the last 20

I agree with it being a shocking first half, don't believe it was a good second half tho. We were lacklustre at best. the fact it took us nearly 60 or so minutes to shut them out is a joke.

Spot on. The fact that the scoreline suggests we won convincingly is a concern. We were dreadful.

I'm not reading anything into that game. We were playing against a sub-par team and we were practically full strength. If injuries did strike the Titans (which it did) and we, by some miracle, managed to get our nose in front, they were always going to find it hard to come back. The scoreline flattered us.

Yes, call me a whinger but I am able to take off my Broncos blinkers and look at a game on its merits.

An awful game to watch. We didn't deserve to win it considering all the players the GC was missing plus they only had 2 reserves.

Hunt is still a terrible half back. He couldn't organise a chook raffle. I couldn't give a **** if he put two grubbers in for tries. They only come about because we played an extremely weak GC side. Macca must also take responsibility for his poor organisation. We can't blame Hoffman for Hunts lack of involvement and his MIA periods.

I cannot stand watching us play anymore. We are a joke of a team.

Besides the two points, there was not a positive out of that game.

Where did Oates go the whole game?

Gillett in front of hunt and hodges on my books. He was a machine tonight. I also think Wallace did okay, but Hala needs to piss off and bring a young prop in or Granville.

yeah Oates got like 20 mins, Hala got like 10 mins. we virtually play with 15 players every week because of coach. it's no wonder no players want to sign with us as they'll only get 20 mins game time if not reserve grade.

barba is trying really hard. he needs a tighter jersey or something. the amount of times a defender has grabbed the back of his jersey and managed to hold on this year is crazy.

i dont think him bulking up is working for him. he's still not going to be big enough to bust tackles and his speed/elusiveness is comprised because of it. slim him back down immediately.

Yeah I get that feeling as well, I don't think his jersey would genuinely make a massive difference to his elusiveness, but he makes so many 90% breaks to just be pulled down from behind at the last second, if he busted all of those tackles he'd be close to leading the league in line breaks, might just need to shed a few kilos.

hodges is just so frustrated with the attack, he's steaming from the ears at times. i bet he can't wait to play origin where he'll be getting diamond platinum service from JT and Cronk.

i saw twice barba was completely peeved off at hoffmans non passing.

how the **** can this continue? seriously? it is embarassing

Yeah I get that feeling as well, I don't think his jersey would genuinely make a massive difference to his elusiveness, but he makes so many 90% breaks to just be pulled down from behind at the last second, if he busted all of those tackles he'd be close to leading the league in line breaks, might just need to shed a few kilos.

it seems every player that comes here needs to bulk up. vidot looks too heavy

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Midean
  • Volvo Driver
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Organix
  • ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Bronx48
  • westy316
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dash
  • BroncosMan
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.