Round 10 - Broncos vs Titans - Post Match Discussion

Re: Round 10 - Broncos vs Titans Post-game discussion

I don't think his jersey would genuinely make a massive difference to his elusiveness

the jersey thing was a bit of a joke, just the point being he has been so so near clean breaks so many times this year only to be held on by the jersey.

definitely needs to trim back again, and just play that sole fb role

BLOOD A REAL 6 FFS

An awful game to watch. We didn't deserve to win it considering all the players the GC was missing plus they only had 2 reserves.

simple fact is if we played a top 8 quality team tonight we would of lost by probably 10 to 14.

we were very average

ps dont tell me titans are a top 8 quality team. they arent. and with their injuries i dont think ANY side in the NRL would have lost to them tonight.

We looked good cos they were dead by the 55th minute cos of injury

One of those games where you're just happy to leave with the two points.

Broncos started mentally soft and paid the price at 8-4 heading into H/T.

Went back to basics in the second half and by playing what was in-front of them they forged a comfortable 14 point victory.

I really like what I saw from Hodges & Hunt and wasn't surprised that both were heavily involved in all our points tonight.

Still think the Broncos look a little clueless with the ball. Couple of occasions where they telegraphed their set-play so poorly that the GC Titans had just about tackled the bloke before he'd even received the ball and the few attempts at deviating from the gameplan were poor. I thought Macca had a real poor game as a matter of fact, just on auto-pilot for the bulk of the game, calling plays at strange times.

Defence needs work too. Broncos allowed far too much second phase and that is going to cost you against teams like the Warriors and Storm.

simple fact is if we played a top 8 quality team tonight we would of lost by probably 10 to 14.

we were very average

ps dont tell me titans are a top 8 quality team. they arent. and with their injuries i dont think ANY side in the NRL would have lost to them tonight.

agree. I reckon the raiders could have put 50 on them tonight, and we couldn't or didn't look close to dominating them.

I'm going to give a wrap to a player who probably won't get any because his numbers don't like great but Todd Lowrie did a lot of good things out there tonight.

I think it's a shame he's injured, hopefully he's not out for too long because we could use him for next week's clash.

Still think the Broncos look a little clueless with the ball. Couple of occasions where they telegraphed their set-play so poorly that the GC Titans had just about tackled the bloke before he'd even received the ball and the few attempts at deviating from the gameplan were poor.

this is a major problem for us. everything we do seems very telegraphed and when the ball is going hoffmans way its very easy for the defense to pick us off. even on the right we always seem short of an option and therefore its not hard to defend. we seem devoid of backrowers providing realistic short pass options

I'm going to give a wrap to a player who probably won't get any because his numbers don't like great but Todd Lowrie did a lot of good things out there tonight.

i remember him making a few pretty important tackles.

i see no point in having stagg on the bench AS WELL. play either granville or someone else with some x factor

yep replace slow tiring forwards with naturally slow bench forwards. griffin ball 101

I think it's a shame he's injured, hopefully he's not out for too long because we could use him for next week's clash.

Have been wrapping him all year, Pete. He definitely has a place in the side but not on the bench. The more minutes he plays the better and he's great in defense. I fear though we'll keep persevering with overrated, overpaid, overweight players who are more highly regarded...

Anyone think we are underestimating the impact Thaiday and Hannant would have provided tonight. Add them two and our forward pack and bench is a hell of a lot stronger. Add to that a 5/8 who actually passes the ball and isn't shit and we win by a long way IMO. At the moment there is way to much pressure on hunt on the 5th tackle. We need more ACTUAL kicking options then just Hunt and that poor excuse for a 5/8

What a boring, shitty game of football. I can't say I was entertained by it at all. Glad to get the win, but was pretty shit all around. We're not a first class football team, and they're a long way from it.

Yeah I thought he had great game tonight too. He was really good in defence and in attack he looked more like a 5/8 than Hoggman did.

I thought Lowrie did well. Stagg offers zilch though, its annoying that Granville doesn't get a go because I reckon his speed is a great asset to have against tiring forwards.

I'm not exactly happy with the win but 2 points is 2 points so I'll take it.

I think it's important to keep stuff in perspective.

That was an underwhelming performance but the Titans have been adept this season at imposing their game plan and turning every game into a down and dirty dog fight.

To that end, despite being understrength, I am not surprised that the first half was such a dour affair. Kicking aside, it was one try a piece. Given their team, I am disappointed we weren't on the right side of the ledger, but it was always unlikely to wipe the floor with them early, due to our relative styles of play.

Second half was a workmanlike performance. I feel like we would have run them down in the end, but it really came down to Hodges putting his stamp on the game to swing the momentum in our favour. Despite being quiet for most of the night, Hunt also put in a couple of nice grubbers to seal the deal.

I'd hoped for more, given the circumstances, and I agree we've still got a lot of work to do. But despite all that, we outscored the 2nd placed team by 4 tries to 1, despite playing their game for for the first 40 minutes.

Anyone think we are underestimating the impact Thaiday and Hannant would have provided tonight. Add them two and our forward pack and bench is a hell of a lot stronger. Add to that a 5/8 who actually passes the ball and isn't **** and we win by a long way IMO. At the moment there is way to much pressure on hunt on the 5th tackle. We need more ACTUAL kicking options then just Hunt and that poor excuse for a 5/8

absolutely

but there doesnt appear any interest in moving hoffman away from the 6. no idea.

I'd hoped for more, given the circumstances, and I agree we've still got a lot of work to do. But despite all that, we outscored the 2nd placed team by 4 tries to 1, despite playing their game for for the first 40 minutes.

Mate they had about 3 players left on the field.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Waynesaurus
  • mitch222
  • BroncosAlways
  • Gaz
  • mrtij
  • Dash
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Thelmus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • the_next
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • NSW stables
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Galah
  • Wendall Taylor
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.